• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: The Darkness

Who here actually wants me to make this game?

• ME!!

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Not Me T_T

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Hm, yeah, the maps do indeed need some work. You'd better let your mapper/tiler know.

As for me, I edited the male trainer sprite;
babymon-30.png

And made a prevolution for your medusa/hydra thing. If you like it, I can make up a moveset if you don't want to make one yourself.
bebbes.png

I'm currently working on editing the Lugia, making trainer overworlds and you other medusa Pokémon, and I just had a good idea for a Fire type starter.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
The mapping really does need some work. The maps are too large, and there is almost nothing going on with them. There are plenty tile errors and just too many wide, open and unused spaces. The side stairs are really irritating me, they are just floating about in mid air. If you want to add stairs, you have to raise the whole path level. Bits and pieces of trees are cut off and the honey trees are out of place. Maps are very important for RPG games and your maps just aren't....whats the word.....tidy enough.

thnx for the constructive criticism. Currently I have Carmaniac redoing the maps for me. These are just beta. The maple trees get cut down eventually as the story progresses as the path is to get to the town below.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I drew a bunch of Concept Art for the game in Art Class and I'll have that up as soon as I can!

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I may or I may not include a Pocket Knife for mugging people. I'm really not sure...

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
The highway is a bit dodgy (It just seems to float in the air) and you also cut of parts of trees and rocks with it, try the 3rd layer, if not add them back on with an event.

Also, in the city you mapped try to vary the houses a bit, but not too much so that it looks themeless ;)

Otherwise, good work :D

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Thnx Time-Shift Dialga, my mapper has been editing the highway for a week now but he's also doing his own game and working on the dual screen so it's gonna be awhile until the highway is fixed. Which town needs different houses Alvary or Tranquility?

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
Oops!
Sorry for seeming so unclear X_X

I believe it's Tranquility (the second town at least). It just seems a bit plain with all the same housing - if you catch my drift ;)

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
yea I catch the drift. I'll see what I can do but this will probably require me to create the sides of hosue or to just make new houses all together.

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
It doesn't have to be anything major, a recolour of the roof tile different windows (within reason :P) abd you'll probably be done.

If you're in need of a recolourist...;)

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
It doesn't have to be anything major, a recolour of the roof tile different windows (within reason :P) abd you'll probably be done.

If you're in need of a recolourist...;)

you want to be a re-colourist eh? do you mean in-game or on tilesets? I changed the roofs already but if you see anything wrong just say so.

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
Put it this way, tilesets'll be a nice challange for me, but I generally do character and pokemon sprites ;)

Just a question, are you using the starter kit released on the 15th last month?
I'm having a bit of trouble with the audio and could use some help ;)

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
I'm using Poccil's if thats what you mean, but I might use PedAPP if they include the HGSS pokemon sprites because thoz a=re the best. You can be our secondary spriter. I''l send you beta sprites that you can edit so they can look nice.

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 1, 2011
=D

Right, thanks!

Yes, I'm using poccil's latest.
No, I just get an error meassage when I start up my playtest (or, more precise, selecting 'new game' - it crashes before the music bit (obviously).

Exception: NoMethodError
Audio:136:in `Audio_bgm_play'
Audio:303:in `bgm_play'
Game_System:37:in `audioBgmPlay'
Game_System:58:in `bgm_play_ex'
Game_System:71:in `bgm_play'
Interpreter:1486:in `command_241'
Interpreter:414:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'

Thanks again Z ;)

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
well what are you good at.
btw is anyone here good at scripting?

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
EDIT: Um would you guys be interested in having a pocket knife feature where if someone doesnt have pokemanz (lollzz) you can mug them instead? oh yea a couple of weeks ago I had this concept about Team Sanguis I knew it 5 min ago but I forgot... If it comes back I'll update you guys...

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
EDIT: Um would you guys be interested in having a pocket knife feature where if someone doesnt have pokemanz (lollzz) you can mug them instead? oh yea a couple of weeks ago I had this concept about Team Sanguis I knew it 5 min ago but I forgot... If it comes back I'll update you guys...

... You don't think thats taking it a bit too far?

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
... You don't think thats taking it a bit too far?

thats kind of why I didnt put it in the main message. I had this concept awhile ago but I thought it would kind of destroy how a pokemon game feels so I'm asking now before I make it official.

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Pocket knife= bad. I think that might make things a little too violent and gresome, if you went around stabbing people. No, that'd be terrible.

Back