• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
New Contest
Name: Shiny Journey
Rules: You must do a set number of encounters on every route (of any main story Pokemon game) until you find a shiny Pokemon. You must provide proof of this of this shiny or you won't be considered for the prize. You also must post (or PM me) saying you want to be entered.
Prize: Although it's not for sure yet, I am going to see if a moderator would be willing to put an emblem up on the winner's profile. Here is the emblem:
VCxqC.png

Shiny Journey Contest Winner
You've won a club sponsored shiny Pokemon hunt, although this isn't as nice as the shiny itself, it's still worth giving. Enjoy!​

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I would like to enter :) I'm actually sorta doing that now...but I guess I need to know the set number of encounters :P
Entered.

You don't need to do a set number of encounters, just as long as you alternate routes it's fine. :)

Right now I am in the Route 1 double encounter area. :)

Years
I'll gladly enter, I think I'll have loads of time to do it. :)
also, last week I found a shiny seviper on pokemon sapphire just outisde of meteor falls. random encounter, obviously.

Years
I've decided to do this with fire red, 300 encounters per route/cave.
starting with route 1:

Spoiler:

yeah, funnily enough I got the same amount of both pokes. no shiny just yet, though.
seen as I've not been doing much, here's route 2:

Spoiler:

once again, no shinies just yet.

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Right now I am at 550 encounters on my Pokemon White. I've decided to do 150 encounters per route, by the time I have gone into every cave, route, and other places with Pokemon I would have seen 6600 Pokemon. Then, if I don't get a shiny, I will move to my Leaf Green version and go through there.

I am currently in the Dreamyard double encounter grass. While I was on Route 2, I discovered that Wynaut were swarming which made it last a lot longer because I couldn't run. I had to kill them. But I did catch me a nice Level 50 Wynaut. I was hoping I'd catch one of those shiny, I love them, Wynaut is one of my favorite Pokemon.

I have 50 encounters in the Dreamyard. 150 on both Route 2 and 1. I also included the 200 I already did in White Forest. Out of all the Pokemon I will probably see, there are 3 that I want the most. Those are:

633.gif
447.gif
622.gif

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
New Contest
Name: Shiny Journey
Rules: You must do a set number of encounters on every route (of any main story Pokemon game) until you find a shiny Pokemon. You must provide proof of this of this shiny or you won't be considered for the prize. You also must post (or PM me) saying you want to be entered.
Prize: Although it's not for sure yet, I am going to see if a moderator would be willing to put an emblem up on the winner's profile. Here is the emblem:
VCxqC.png

Shiny Journey Contest Winner
You've won a club sponsored shiny Pokemon hunt, although this isn't as nice as the shiny itself, it's still worth giving. Enjoy!​
I'm not getting this... So you have to encounter certain number of pokemon on each route? to get shiny from it? or something else...?

P.S. - Bolded part. You might want to fix that :shocked:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I'm not getting this... So you have to encounter certain number of pokemon on each route? to get shiny from it? or something else...?

P.S. - Bolded part. You might want to fix that :shocked:

You go through each route and do a set amount of encounters (that you can pick yourself) on any game until you find a Shiny.

I'm doing mine in White. I started on Route 1, did 150 encounters. Went to Route 2, did 150 encounters. Went the Dreamyard and did some. So on and so forth.

Years
UPDATE
viridian forest:

Spoiler:

route 4:

Spoiler:

mt. moon

Spoiler:

still no shinies as of yet.

Last edited:

Tails05

It's Electric!
Years
Update:

I am at Pinwheel Forest in Pokemon White with 100 encouters per location, and I've been to Routes 1-3, the Dreamyard, and Wellspring Cave. 650 encounters so far. After Pinwheel Forest, it's Route 4. Still no shinies...

And DS batteries are running low. -.-

Years
I'd like to enter....

I got my shiny after 31 encounters on route 1..... It was a Lillipup. Let me post my Proof on here in a second.

Besides the photo I also made video which is on youtube. The video is here Sorry for the bad quality D: My camera isnt the greatest.

Last edited:

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
You go through each route and do a set amount of encounters (that you can pick yourself) on any game until you find a Shiny.

I'm doing mine in White. I started on Route 1, did 150 encounters. Went to Route 2, did 150 encounters. Went the Dreamyard and did some. So on and so forth.
ooooohhh.... I get it now :D

I'm going to do this in my HeartGold version with 250 encounters per route down from Route 48 to Route 1. never found shinies from trying to do it from random encounter... :S (all of them were from dumb luck, when I never thought about it)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I picked up a German Tympole from Wifi and I hope to breed my first masuda method shiny. o3o

As for the challenge, sign me up. I need to do something with White. Might as well try to find a RE shiny there. omg dual hunting. ^^

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Lillipup, Nato4eyes!

I haven't started doing REs for the contest yet, but I did get the wild Pokémon number on my Trainer Card up to the next hundred so I can easily keep track of how many I've encountered so that I know when it's time to move on to the next route. Currently it's at 4,100, and I plan on doing 100 REs on each route. I want to get my Litwick egg count up to 1,700 before I get started. Right now it's at 1,650. I've also hatched 112 Axews. On top of that, I decided to hatch some eggs of the Pokémon that have the lowest step counts for hatching eggs. I hatched 20 Magikarps, 10 Pichus, 5 Cleffas, and 5 Igglybuffs. I still needed to hatch the babies for my Pokédex. I probably won't hatch anymore of those four. One of the Magikarps I hatched happens to have perfect IVs in both attack and speed, and has a Jolly nature. The parent Gyarados has a perfect IV in speed. I've been hatching Bronzors using a different Ditto to get one with a Relaxed nature to hatch with my Japanese Ditto, but I've been getting almost every nature except that one. Another problem is that half of the Bronzors that I'm hatching have a perfect IV in speed, which is a huge problem with a Pokémon that needs a speed IV as close to zero as you can get. I didn't check the IVs on the parent Bronzong, but it must have a perfect IV in speed. I've never had such a high percentage of hatchlings inherit a perfect IV from a parent that has a perfect IV before. When I used other parents that have a perfect IV about 20% of the hatchlings inherited the perfect IV, maybe fewer, but with Bronzong it's been about 50%.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Hello everyone ^_^ Still no luck on Snivy, but I am dual SRing since I reached the point on Emerald where I can get Rayquaza, I am going to SR for him at the same time as Snivy!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Congrats to Nato4eyes for being the first winner of the contest!

Right now I am inside Pinwheel Forest. I have a total of 1100 encounters. No shinies.

If I do get a shiny there I'd prefer..

541.gif

It looks like an Emonga with a leaf blanket.

Actually, you know what I am going to do? I am just going to combine my encounters with playing through Black.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I know I don't post here much, but I just came to say I've done about 802 encounters on White so far, currently on Victory road, and 800 on Emerald just outside of Fallarbor, so hope to get a shiny spinda there....gulp.

Edit: I just found my shiny!!!! It's a shiny spinda, found it in Emerald in route 113! It's green! I'll post up the picture once I somehow transfer it from my phone here since I really don't have a camera or video....here! Well, I only have a cell phone that takes photos, and I have no cameras.....so...it's low quality and sorry, but yeah, I nicknamed it Enem...on my 813 encounter.

Last edited:
Back