• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Spoiler:

They Arceus plates can also be found in the Abyssal Ruins of Unova. :P

Ooooooh, so that's what it is. /feels stupid naow

Spoiler:

Well, I have suggested that we tone it down to fitting the regions into 1 or 2 RPs, seeing as we will have a maximum of 15 RPers, and spreading 15 RPers over 5 RPers could be . . . um, overkill perhaps?

That idea sounds . . . plausible, but I don't know if it'd be . . . well, for one that would make the RPers expert trainers, and I think I like it better with them being novices, although it would make more sense for the expert trainers to go on this quest to save everything, although that would mean that they've already been defeated once . . . ooooh, all the more region for wanting to exact their revenge?

Spoiler:

Sounds pretty good, I guess. Although, the very last part I think we should nix, seeing as the tournament is meant for the sequel. For now, everyone will just be exploring their respective regions.
I think this, mixed with elements from some other ideas, could work. :3

Lol, I love seeing an idea come together. But something I love even more is watching it completely fall apart into chaos and confusion...err...not that I'm saying this will. xD

. . . *Looks around* . . . Good job, Supervegeta; there is now a Jynx wandering across this thread. You have doomed us all.

What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?

Um . . . oh, I'm not sure. I still think that the very first RP I was ever in was pretty good. Currently, *Foreigners is very fun, and I find it entertaining to play as Shun. :3 Others that I should probably mention would be Focus Shift & the sequel, Focus Shift: A New Awakening, Rockets' Rising, UNDERGROUND: Kanto Chronicles, and quite a few others. :3

Yes, Red, where did that balloon ever go to? Where did it go? You must tellz us~! :>

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years

Well, I have suggested that we tone it down to fitting the regions into 1 or 2 RPs, seeing as we will have a maximum of 15 RPers, and spreading 15 RPers over 5 RPers could be . . . um, overkill perhaps?

Wouldn't it be over kill if you taker half of 15 (7.5) RPers
And split them up in half of the regions. They'd be spread pretty thin per region.

Nakuzami

Years
Wouldn't it be over kill if you taker half of 15 (7.5) RPers
And split them up in half of the regions. They'd be spread pretty thin per region.

Damn, I noticed a typo in my post thanks to your quoting me. I fear that if I try to fix it, all of my beautiful spoilers and quotes shall break, so I won't. xD

Well, three RPers per region . . . I figured that GMs would not count towards this total, and I was thinking that RPers could have 2 characters if they wished, although they'd travel in different regions(the 2 characters, I mean).
If we raise the limit much more, I fear that the sequel, and perhaps the RPs, could be overwhelmed. Or . . . not, if we do it right, but why risk it, lol?

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I do miss Underground as well, it's sad that there were really only three people who were interested in it. ): If I could get maybe 3 or 4 teams, I would be prepared to start it up again. It's so hard with those kinds of roleplays though where you have to RELY on your partner to post, otherwise you're screwed.

But my most missed? I loved the original Uprising, Focus Shift was really great too, Hydroxylatite was fantastic, but mainly I miss my own Misfits!

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
What has been your favorite RP you have ever been apart of (or are currently in, if that happens to be your favorite)?

Well, I'm barely new to the RP so.....my very first Roleplay is Foreigners, and I really love it. It's the only one I'm playing in now. I also think that First Contact is pretty amazing when it comes to plot. I got room to join 2 more roleplays, since school isn't as heavy on me as I thought it would. My exams, for the semester I mean, start 2 or 3 weeks after Winter Break, so I got a lot of time on my shoulders.

Arsenic

Years
@nkzm so then, would the 3 people in the region eventually meet the others from the other region in the one RP

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

Hmm, I actually have several that were my favorites. Focus Shift and Misfits were definitely the top 2 yet there was also an old Digimon RP by Charizard man I was in.

Also on another note, what roleplays are currently accepting characters?

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
Oh my god. I'm not even going to read all the posts on page 104.

My favorite RP? The most fun is Percy Jackson, but it's failing. You people really need to post! You have time for Foreigners and Leg. Rebels II, what about old Percy?

Arsenic

Years
@TFW We still need Pokemon in stingrays First Contact. So that's one RP still accepting characters.

Years
Ooooooh, so that's what it is. /feels stupid naow
You aren't stupid. xP

That idea sounds . . . plausible, but I don't know if it'd be . . . well, for one that would make the RPers expert trainers, and I think I like it better with them being novices, although it would make more sense for the expert trainers to go on this quest to save everything, although that would mean that they've already been defeated once . . . ooooh, all the more region for wanting to exact their revenge?
Oh I know how about expert Trainers coupled with their weakest Pokemon they had probably boxed immediately upon capture so we give them the bottom of the crop and they have to use their own knowledge to show that their Pokemon are not to be underestimated.

edit: Does anyone think that we should have some kind of Christmas event for this forum? The other forums have their own events planned for Christmas. Anyone has ideas about some kind of Christmas RP? Maybe we could RP as ourselves, lol. xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
edit: Does anyone think that we should have some kind of Christmas event for this forum? The other forums have their own events planned for Christmas. Anyone has ideas about some kind of Christmas RP? Maybe we could RP as ourselves, lol. xD

My exam is written now. Give me an hour or so and I'll post a Christmas RP. I feel creative. XD

Done. A Yule (Christmas) tournament set on an island between the regions, complete with battlegrounds and a map XD (MS paint is your friend). But I don't want to GM another RP so I throw the idea (and possibly the craptacular map) at anyone else :3
The players would create their own teams of 6 pokés and the GM would set up the match-ups and referee the RP'd battles~ Chance or something would decide what battlefield gets used.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

My exam is written now. Give me an hour or so and I'll post a Christmas RP. I feel creative. XD

Done. A Yule (Christmas) tournament set on an island between the regions, complete with battlegrounds and a map XD (MS paint is your friend). But I don't want to GM another RP so I throw the idea (and possibly the craptacular map) at anyone else :3
The players would create their own teams of 6 pokés and the GM would set up the match-ups and referee the RP'd battles~ Chance or something would decide what battlefield gets used.
I wouldn't mind joining a silly little tournament as such and playing as myself. Make it a little whimsical or just a play around thing, nothing too serious.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I wouldn't mind joining a silly little tournament as such and playing as myself. Make it a little whimsical or just a play around thing, nothing too serious.

Yeah, I thought so as well ^^ but like I said, I'm full up, so someone else should arrange it~

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I vote Nakuzami since he seems to be wetting himself over organising some tourney deal.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years

WYMSICAL REFERENCE!

I vote Nakuzami since he seems to be wetting himself over organising some tourney deal.

I concur. Vote Nakuzami for best bed-wetter now and get a free bagel.

xD He has my vote too! All in favor?

Aye.

A Christmas RP, huh, maybe. We could include Scraggy Claus and his Teddiursa workers. Hah! Just wymsing things up! (OMG New catchphrase)

Nakuzami

Years

I'm going to eat you as well now, Maddy. -.-'
. . . so, what, like |||| votes for me already? My oh my, I don't know if I should hate you all for this xD

*Sigh* Whatever, lol. Red can send me her ideas/whatever she made for this if she so wishes. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Nah. I only had ideas. But either do a tournament where we get to choose a full team and just battle it out... or do a winterland story thing~ Like Skymin said, it can be silly. Have the players teleported to Santa's land and battle grinches or something there. It doesn't have to be pokémon related (although I like pokémon. I like pokémon. I likes-lkfjalkfdsfkawösl)

Anywhoo, I feel like showing off what I've been doing to avoid studying, lol. It's something I'll probably wait with posting until *Foreigners has finished so it might take quite a while (I hope) ^^ But still. I've never made up a region before, but I think it turned out quite well... (MS PAINT<3 LOL) I'm planning wild pokémon locations atm and I've made up gym leaders and all. The thing I can't seem to decide on (though, it's not really a hurry ^^) is whether it should be chaptered or more like *Foreigners. And whether I would be a player in it myself (mostly to steer the others instead of doing it via NPCs) or not. So........ what do you guys think? A cookie to the first to understand what theme the city names have ^^
And most important of all, is this something you feel that you'd like to participate in?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back