• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shinies!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Third version of this thread, but it's still an interesting point to discuss~

Anyway do you think there will be shinies in these games? Would you like to see alternate colourings like shinies, but for them to affect stats, and other sorts of things, rather than just colouring? What other things could be similar to shinies? Share yo thoughts.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
I think there will be shinies in the 6th gen also, and that they will function more or less the same way as before.
It would be kind of cool though if shininess only occured in Pokémon with above average IVs, it's no fun finding a shiny and then realising it has a horrible IV distribution...

Also, I think they should introduce minor differences in appearance among Pokémon of the same species, kind of like what we already have in gender differences and the spiky-eared Pichus. They would only need to have a handful of different ones for each Pokémon, and it should be a random, purely aesthetical trait.
Personally I would really love this as it would make your Pokémon feel more unique, making it easier to bond with them.

Years
I think shinies should stay, but have no correlation to stats. I like em the way they are- a nice little rarity that makes a good trophy, or a partner, with as much potential as any other that just looks cooler.

Years
I don't think anything fancy should be added to have more different Pokemon colors... Just the original plus the shiny is fine... Nothing more is needed. I guess it'd be a shame to take it out now anyway, after they're already such prized things. (Granted, I honestly don't see the point of them since they're not really performing any better than regular Pokemon and seem to be just for show...) Still I think they should stay, basically they're too established to go. But I don't want any additional new colors for Pokemon.

That said, I think a lot of Pokemon's shiny color should be changed... Not adding a new color, but changing it all together. Some of them don't even look any different... It's really pathetic, that they thought they could get away with some terrible excuses for differently colored Pokemon, even though they're like 99.9% the same for some Pokemon. lol

So basically, keep shinies and shiny mechanics the same. Don't add any new types of color varieties (just keep it to regular and shiny only). But please edit some shinies so they're not almost exactly the same as the regular version, and not horribly ugly. lol

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think they'll continue to be included, I personally see no reason to not include them. Its always a nice surprise to happen upon a shiny and I dont think they should mess with the mechanics of it any. It would be kinda cool to maybe see an alternate shiny color than the usual one, but I dont see that happening. It would be a nice surprise though happening across a shiny and having it be a different color than the regular shiny color is,like an alternate shiny pallet.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Of course I see shinies being including again. I mean, there is no reason to NOT include them in my opinion. However, I hope we don't get any additional types of coloring or whatever. We have shinies already, and that provides another coloring, and with the rarity it makes sense for it to be something to strive for. Adding in anything addition just seems like an odd move to me. I mean, what would the origin of having more additional coloring types be? I just don't think it'd make much sense.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't see any reason why shinies wouldn't be included once again. Other than being something for the players, I believe GameFreak and Nintendo have found quite a use for shinies in holding certain events. As for adding anything else, I'd rather they not. I feel like shinies are rare enough and adding anything on top of that could diminish their value. If anything, I'd rather they create other changes such as how they introduced Hidden Abilities in the last generation.

gotron228

^_^
Years
It's a little bit obvious that Shinies are making a comeback. As for whether or not this time they have better stats than normal variants I don't think that will exactly be the case.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I only hope that for once they make the shinies look better than the regulars

Because 98% of the time the shiny forms look worse

I've honestly never had any shinies except from :
1.That guaranteed Red Gyrados in that one game
2.Cheating
3.GTS, probably with people who were cheating lol

NEVER EVER seen a legit wild shiny in my life, and I've played Pokemon extensively for like a decade..

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
As somebody said, some shinies are really ugly. Ex - dragonite..(one of mah fav) Green colour never suits it.

But, i want shinies to cntinue. And the chances of occurance of shinies should be decreased to about 1/2500 (although there is the masuda method bt its pretty cmplex and boring)

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
I only hope that for once they make the shinies look better than the regulars

Because 98% of the time the shiny forms look worse

I've honestly never had any shinies except from :
1.That guaranteed Red Gyrados in that one game
2.Cheating
3.GTS, probably with people who were cheating lol

NEVER EVER seen a legit wild shiny in my life, and I've played Pokemon extensively for like a decade..
Same here, I've been playing since Gen I (even if Gen II is my favorite of them all), and got Pokemon Red Version when I was maybe 8 or 9 years old. Even now, I've never into even one shiny. Either my luck is terrible or...the universe hates me.

Back