• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2 and beyond!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Keeping in mind I've already seen two threads on two other Phase 2 movies, this is rather a discussion based on Phase 2 as a whole, and events leading up to it, and events leading into Phase 3 and so forth.

Are there any other particular Phase 2 movies you're looking forward to besides Thor 2 and Iron Man 3? Do you have any theories regarding Phase 2 and beyond?

Just for reference, some/all(?) of the titles confirmed for Phase 2 are: Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 2.

As for Phase 3, we have an Ant-Man movie confirmed, plus rumour of a Doctor Strange and Black Panther movie.

DISCUSS!

Renyui!

ascender
Years
I really dig Guardians as a series, I don't know if i trust it being adapted as a film, however. I feel that with the whole 'heroes in the real world' theme that movies take these days, it would take away all the cosmic psychedelia and silliness that made that series so special. However, I'm excited for Cap 2, mainly for the cameos (Falcon!) and whilst it's probably too early to say, I'm reasonable excited for Avengers 2, though I dunno how they'll go with adapting Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Does the Agents of SHIELD (there's no way I'm putting all of those '.'s in every time I spell that out) count as being part of this MCU Phase 2 corporate implosion or is it something different?

Also, I've changed the title to make it slightly more obvious as to the subject matter; I honestly had no idea what this was about until I actually read the first post. I imagine this is why it hasn't gotten too many responses so far. Hopefully that'll change.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Can I just clarify that Spiderman , Wolverine? XMen, FF, or anything involving them will never see the Marvel Cinematic Universe. ever ever ever. Some CEO of Sony said they'll never ever x5 give up Spiderman :( Unless Disney/Marvel have a very very deep pocket.

Back to the topic.

Phase 2 - Im really fond on what S.W and Q.S will bring to the table in Avengers 2. Thats if there is an Avengers 2. Because actors/actress are asking raises involving money and such. And Whedon literally stated that he wont do Avengers 2 if RDJ isnt playing Ironman.

Other then that, plausible Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, joining the Avengers.

As long the original and founding Avengers members are on the same screen, Ill be happy. (Iron, Thor, Hulk, Wasp, Antman) Then second wave of Avengers to join like Black Panther, Vision, (Q.S, S.W) Then maybe third wave Ms Marvel, (Falcon). Then after that, idk.

With GotG coming out and MCU Lore expending. Throw in other planets, systems, Nova Core. Its really awesome!

Last edited:
Years
There are so many acronyms in that post that I can't figure out some of the things Iqid Loopz is saying.

Anyway, the little voice in me that wants to see original movies and all that is being silenced in the face of this big franchise powerhouse. It's a little sad that the previously established superheros (X-Men, etc.) can't come and play because of rights issues, but I think it's good that they're forced to use untested stories and characters with their new movies.

I really would like to see Wasp, Ms. Marvel, and Black Panther make appearances. I watched the cartoon series Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and they did some great things with those characters. With all the characters, really. But now that show is no more and they've remade it to be more in keeping with these new movies and that makes me sad.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Haha. X-Men also can't come and play because there's so many different movies operating on so many different timelines everyone would just walk out of the cinema in outrage xD

I'm looking forward to seeing Iron Man 3, and also Captain America: Winter Soldier. Although it won't have the history jokes (punching Hitler in the face) I've heard rumour Black Widow will be in it. Which should make up for it :)

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
S.W. - Scarlett Witch
Q.S. - Quick Silver

These two will be in the Avengers 2. But i have trust that Whedon will make things make sense, because well these two characters...are Magnetos kids. YES HIS KIDS. And its really odd because anything X-Men movie rights belongs to FOX. But apparently Marvel/Disney can use them at some extent (hard to explain with in the lines). BUT! They are not allow to make any reference of them being mutants and or relations to Magneto.

And I believe Fantastic Four is owned by FOX? Because I know Dare Devil, Blade, and I believe Punisher are back in the hands of Marvel.

GotG - Guardians of the Galaxy
MCU - Marvel Cinematic Universe

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, tbh it's probably better that Marvel can't use all of their superheroes. I've never read any Avengers comics, but it was hard enough giving each of the Avengers enough screen time anyway - Hawkeye was reduced to a brain-dead zombie for most of it. If you start throwing in the Fantastic Four and X-Men it'd just be confusing.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Yeah, tbh it's probably better that Marvel can't use all of their superheroes. I've never read any Avengers comics, but it was hard enough giving each of the Avengers enough screen time anyway - Hawkeye was reduced to a brain-dead zombie for most of it. If you start throwing in the Fantastic Four and X-Men it'd just be confusing.

Your right but you don't have to put every single Super Hero from a Marvel team into the Avengers.

XMEN - Wolverine or Beast (Well Beast was the first of the XMen Team to join the Avengers)

Fantastic Four - At least one of the FF members...more specifiably Mr Fantastic or Human Torch or better, She Hulk!

Yeaaa... I read too much comics...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
She Hulk? I thought there were only 4 members of the Fantastic Four xD.

Human Torch in it would be class if they had Chris Evans play him and Captain America at the same time. Especially if they had a fight scene.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Uh oh here I go all geek mode

Over the years, F4 had adjustments and additions in the line up ex; She Hulk and Spiderman (I believe he is a current F4 member? I think) Ghost Rider was an F4 member at one point in time.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm...well Spider-man would be a pretty good addition. He's actually horrendously weak in comparison to most of the others, and being a teenager you could imagine Stark mocking him a lot. If they could merge F4 in though, you'd have to have Jessica Alba - she's fit xD

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I still think Spiderman is the most overrated hero out there. He got his head popped off by the thumb of Thanos. Which was hilarious.

I wish they could do a Civil War animated series...most likely they wont. Marvel Zombies with all heroes and villains fight off zombies. (Obvious Wolverine is immune cause he's god like, and nuke proof and zombie proof)

Years
No zombies, please. There are too many zombie things out there right now and they're already on their way out. We don't need to beat that dead horse. :p

I hope we see Black Widow make an appearance. It would be nice to have some new women superheroes in these movies, but if we're only getting Johansson then I want her to make Samuel L. Jackson-like appearances in all the movies leading up to Avengers 2.

Years
I'm pumped for Thor 2 but aside from that... I'm not. There's been some less than encouraging news from Marvel's end lately, namely that they may re-cast the Avengers if they ask for more money, Loki will not be in 'Avengers 2', etc.

There will be two more 'Amazing Spiderman' sequels though, in 2016 & 2018.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Ooh...the only one they could really get away with re-casting is Hulk, and that's only because they've already done it. I mean, Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man (And probably won't ask for more money as he makes ridiculous amounts anyway). And most of the others do seem to fit their roles well.
Although I'd probably still end up watching any sequels with re-cast roles, it'd be on t.v. / I wouldn't pay to see it in the cinemae (if you know what I mean).

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I am excited for Thor 2. The first film was pretty cool so i'm looking forward to watching this one.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
They should introduce Beta Ray Bill in Thor 2. Eaaaaaaasily the better Thor.

406px-Beta_ray_bill.jpg

Who couldn't love that, right?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
SDCC just happened over the weekend. With the Marvel panel some what made me a happy little panda with all the goodies they announced.

Though I didn't see, watch or hear much. Only heard the very good bamfy stuff and some sad stuff.

1. Yay! - Jose Whedon announced that The Avengers 2 will be called The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

A simple run down, Ultron is a highly intelligent robot. A walking and talking, ticked off SkyNet. Who was created by Hank Pym/Ant-Man. Like a equivalent to JARVIS to Stark. But went terribly wrong.

Ultron created Vision. And even before SDCC it is rumored by popular media outlets that Vin Deisel was in talks of having a role in the MCU for maybe Hank Pym (which I can't see him as) but he, himself he said between lines involving Vision (Which I can see happening).

Spoiler:

And the Nay part is that there wont be an Hank Pym in the Avengers 2...which made me more confused and a tad bit sad.

2. Guardians of the Galaxy first looks, the cast and all the goodies.

Now I am terribly terrified that this film would be a flop. It better NOT! Like, the cast alone is stacked. And the story involves the Nova Core (Their the equivalent of the Green Lantern Corp from DC)

Captain America and Thor Panels I somewhat missed.

So what are your thoughts of the announcements? and other announcements that I missed.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Why Ultron and not Thanos, who was heavily hinted during the credits of the first Avengers movie, and why would they release Avengers 2 before Ant Man, which Ultron originated from? Is the Ant Man movie suppose to be a prequel to Avengers 2? What would become of Thanos? This is all too confusing for me.

Back