• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Funjun Ruby

Should the Hack Stay in Rensai or Be In a New Region Entirely

• Ransei

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Region

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Accepting New Members: Project Funjin Spinel

Who I Am and My Past
Oh Hi There, Welcome to my Team Thread! My name is Zerks and I need some assistance.
I been in hacking for a long time. Ever since I saw Pokemon Quartz, Ive been wanting to create something new, something exciting. I seriously need you guys to help me with this thing.Ive been into making stories for Poke-Hacks for about as long as Ive been here and Pokecommunity: 3 Years. And during that time ive seen and played many good hack betas and finished versions. And Ive seen so many hacks Die. Including mine. And I dont mean to offend anyone but. Ive had people who joined at times where they have gotten too busy to help, due to personal matters. While I say that's a good reason to drop out fora time being. Please let me know if anything important is coming up before you join. This help me out alot with keeping everyone's work consistent and clean.Furthermore, I'd like to talk about this hack. Like I said, its been redun in story, concept and even the region map., Ive began drawing a large region called Terratropi, a two-in-one region that had alot of Mid-evil references in it. Then It became Neuvo, a region with alot of ancient history with it. Needless to say, it didnt take off either. And now with the same Region map as Neuvo, and with a new concept. Pokemon Funjin Spinel/Ruby is back again. I wanted to bring in the basic concept of Pokemon, but add a new feeling to it. To make it feel that YOU are the trainer inside the story-driven world. That YOU decide where to go and what pokemon you have. let's work together to make this hack take off and see the light of day!

Hack Info
Name: Pokemon Funjin Spinel/Purple Meteor
ROM Base: Fire Red (U)

Q and A

Q: Ugh! Why does your hack have Fakemon!
A:
Because honestly, Fakemon are kinda cool to put into hacks, as well as new regions and trainers. But for this one, Im allowing everyone to submit an idea for a fakemon to have some user input, BUT not a whole lot. We dont want to overload the team.

Q: Why Pokemon Fire Red, I-I-I Thought You'd Do Ruby.
A:
We'll be doing FireRed. Its been months for me to decide what ROM Base would be used. And Honestly, I do say I want to do Emerald or Ruby, but FireRed's Tiles are Better looking in some ways.

The Plot
Welcome to the Region of Crest. Located off the coast of Kanto. Its a very small region Possibly just an Island but no, its a Region a little small, but its a Region with its own Professor and League. Enter Jewel, a 16 year-old girl with a hair of Sapphire. And her childhood friend Chris. Both are students of the renowned Professor Banzai, a Pokemon Prof. in the line of Pokemon Abilites. He has 3 stations including his main lab in Tropi Town, located in the area below the Southern Grassland. He hands the two a Pokedex for the entire Region, and some Pokeballs, as well as the choice of Treeko, Mudkip, or Torchic. But before he could give the two trainers some beginners advice, the good Professor was taken away by a Woman in a Purple Jacket, and Black Cap, as well as one of the starters (the one that was left behind). Chasing after her, you find out that she is part of a troupe called Team Blacklust. You defeat her and win back the professor who then tells you to go and try to enter the Crest League, and from there on, Jewel and Chris make the journey to the north.
The Idea of the Story
Well, the idea mainly came from an inspiration from Anime, past Pokemon titles, and various forms of imagination. I feel as if some hacks have an over the top plot with Light and Dark and all this and that. I felt that maybe if I combined the simple plot of Pokemon with some small complex plot ideas from various forms of story writing, such as Drama, Comedy etc, then maybe this will open the door for hackers to focus on simular plots.

Main Cast
Prof. Banzai - The Pokemon Prof. of Crest. He specializes on Pokemon Abilities and moves. He is also the former Champion of the Region and has even met it's legendaries.

Apallo Sunburst - A mysterious trainer who you will meet in various locations in your adventure. He is known for his flame styled hair and Orange Colored Glasses on his eyes. He is on a journey across the Region of Crest to find something....

Geoff - Leader of Team Blacklust. His team is known for its acts in the criminal underworld. From terrorism to poaching Pokemon. Though, he has a true target of world Domination he sits back and does regular criminal
activities. He is married to Melissa, a truly evil woman.

Melissa - Geoff's wife and Co. Founder of Team Blacklust. She's very twisted and horrible, with a heart of Black and a soul of darkness. All she wants is to make her husband into a dictator, but some Grunts only see her as just a person who wants the power for her self...

Gregg - Second in command in Team Blacklust. It seems that Geoff and Gregg are more close than anyone in the Team..... even closer than Melissa.

Natasha - A high ranking commander in Team Blacklust. She has feelings for Geoff and is willing to put her life on the line for him. Though she is only a teenager, and Geoff is a married man, she still feel some affection for him.

The Pokemon League
Gym Leaders
Amber - Ground and Bug
Zircon - Ice and Water
Ruby Ann - Fire
Amethyst - Posion
Crystal & Quartz - Ghost and Normal
Citrine - Fighting and Electric
Peri (Peridot) - Grass
Topaz - Dragon

The Elite 4
Gurahk - Flying
Suika - Psychic
Crym - Dark
Madi - Various

Planned Features
-New Region!
- An Exciting New Story
- Exotic Trainer Pallets and Sprites
- New Eeveelutions
- New Fakemon and some returning Pokemon including Gens 2 - 4 with
- New Trainer Classes
- Bikes? HA! Introducing: A.Shoes (Action Shoes)

Help Needed:
- Spriting
- Overworld Spriting
- Programing
- Scripting
- Title Screen
- If I were to have anything else that I need done I will put it here.

Team Members:
- Zerkrom the Hedgehog (Story,Some Pokemon Editing)

Submission Form:
Position for Team (specify which job you can do):
Other skills you have:
Hacking Career (How Long have you Been Hacking)
Other hacks you may have worked on:
Proof of previous work:
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well):
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)):

Note: DROPBOX IS A MUST HAVE, I WILL NOT BE USING GOOGLE DRIVE

Last edited:

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
Maybe you should add more attracting features like "4-5 gen pokemon thing,new tiles etc."? to make this hack more attractive. And yes you should change this to fire red,since FR is more fun to hack than ruby. and eevee as starter? well it is quite good if later in the game there is someone who will make him evolve xD.
BTW i'll join ur team sooner or later! :D

JSJ

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
I could make that the eyes of an Pokemon would glow like the color of th normal screen.

Years
Well, I have absolutely zero experience but I would love to learn... I want to do my own hack but first I have to learn how to do most of the stuff...

Position for Team (specify which job you can do): Anything (Need to learn)
Other skills you have: Anything covers it but I think I would excel at mapping and story (which sadly you already have a person for...)
Hacking Career (How Long have you Been Hacking) Looking to start my own hack: 2-3 months, Doing anything... 0years/0months/1week mapping
Other hacks you may have worked on: none
Proof of previous work: I'm finishing my first map now... ill post a pic once im done
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well): Random... EST... New York, USA
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)): PM me and ill give you email...

Thanks for reading and get back to me as soon as you can...
-Duke

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
Years
Well, I have absolutely zero experience but I would love to learn... I want to do my own hack but first I have to learn how to do most of the stuff...

Position for Team (specify which job you can do): Anything (Need to learn)
Other skills you have: Anything covers it but I think I would excel at mapping and story (which sadly you already have a person for...)
Hacking Career (How Long have you Been Hacking) Looking to start my own hack: 2-3 months, Doing anything... 0years/0months/1week mapping
Other hacks you may have worked on: none
Proof of previous work: I'm finishing my first map now... ill post a pic once im done
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well): Random... EST... New York, USA
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)): PM me and ill give you email...

Thanks for reading and get back to me as soon as you can...
-Duke

You are in the group my friend, and hopefully, will will be able to get more mappers/Spriters to help show you the ropes.

tiggytiggy122

ThatGamerSype
Years
Position for Team (specify which job you can do): Spriting,
Other skills you have: Mapping(without the tileset inserting)
Hacking Career (How Long have you Been Hacking) about a year
Other hacks you may have worked on: still trying to work on one by myself
Proof of previous work: none yet
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well): Just about everyday, unless i'm not home
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)): Skype: xana6756, email: [email protected] or [email protected], or PM me on my PC profile(tiggytiggy122)

tiggytiggy122

ThatGamerSype
Years
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well): Just about everyday, unless i'm not home
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)): Skype: xana6756, email: [email protected] or [email protected], or PM me on my PC profile(tiggytiggy122)

Years
I am not sure if I have any say in this, but you are in.. (In my opinion)... What type of spriting are you talking about? OW spriting or... Well anyway we're going to need Zerks to agree with me but I'm pretty sure he'll say it's a go

tiggytiggy122

ThatGamerSype
Years
I am not sure if I have any say in this, but you are in.. (In my opinion)... What type of spriting are you talking about? OW spriting or... Well anyway we're going to need Zerks to agree with me but I'm pretty sure he'll say it's a go

Mostly OW, so you're gonna need someone else to do Battle/Intro/Character back sprites, sooo, yeeeahhh

Ace_Master_of_Turtles

Just that spriting guy
Years
Th3Duke99088 saw one of my posts on another thread and said to come here ;)

Position for Team (specify which job you can do): spriting (OW spriting counts... although i despise it .... i will help if you need it
Other skills you have: Mapping with Advanced map but i'm in no way a professional mapper
Hacking Career (How Long have you Been Hacking):not very long maybe 6 months?
Other hacks you may have worked on:uh i worked on one that well never saw the light of beta and am working on a small side project hack and is coming well
Proof of previous work: I will PM you some of my sprites
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well): EST time and i can work around 1-2 hours weekdays and 1-5 weekends unless i'm busy which i will most likey tell you if i will be busy
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)):Eh..... PMs? Email? (i'm not a fan of skype)

And btw you should be able to obtain all stones to evolve eevee by level 15 and they should be gifts or items not buyable things , but thats just me and also my secondary job could be finding little tools and tuts to improve your hack

Last edited:
Years
Th3Duke99088 saw one of my posts on another thread and said to come here ;)

Position for Team (specify which job you can do): spriting (OW spriting counts... although i despise it .... i will help if you need it
Other skills you have: Mapping with Advanced map but i'm in no way a professional mapper
Hacking Career (How Long have you Been Hacking):not very long maybe 6 months?
Other hacks you may have worked on:uh i worked on one that well never saw the light of beta and am working on a small side project hack and is coming well
Proof of previous work: I will PM you some of my sprites
How often you Get Online (provide timezone as well): EST time and i can work around 1-2 hours weekdays and 1-5 weekends unless i'm busy which i will most likey tell you if i will be busy
Primary Contact (AIM, MSN, Skype, etc) ((Skype is a Plus)):Eh..... PMs? Email? (i'm not a fan of skype)

And btw you should be able to obtain all stones to evolve eevee by level 15 and they should be gifts or items not buyable things , but thats just me and also while ruby is a great game people who say use fire red are right because there is a lot ess amazing story to edit out of the game but use it if you want it doesn't matter to me also also my secondary job could be finding little tools and tuts to improve your hack
As you said I saw a post of yours on a different thread and wanted you to come work with us on this hack... Could you send me a few of your sprites? I shouldn't have to say but I personally consider you part of the team...

Back