• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most beautiful Pokémon cry

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I don't nearly remember all the pokémon cries I've heard, especially not since I often play the games on muted emulator these days :x But I can agree with Articuno's cry being very beautiful, I remember it specifically even.

There are some later cries I liked too. Hmmm, let's see I think I'll have to watch a youtube video or something to find them.

*does that*

Gen I: I always liked Paras and Parasect, their cries. Interestingly odd. But yeah still. Articuno.

Gen II: honestly I don't particularly favor any cries here haha.

Gen III: Gardevoir's is nice. Sounds a bit mystic. And Milotic, the same feeling there, as well as with Gorebyss. Oh, and Chimecho. Sounds like bells :3

Gen IV: Kricketune, wow. And Lumineon, nice one. Glaceon's is really beautiful, but Frosslass is one step higher. Maybe ice pokémon generally have beautiful cries because ice is thought of as delicate and beautiful?

Gen V: Like with the gen III psychic type cries, I think Gothitelle's cry is mysteriously beautiful. Reshiram's is surprisingly nice and of course Meloetta.

Not sure I can decide on just one favorite, but for the earlier generations, Articuno is certainly a top contestant. But compared to many newer ones, like Glaceon, Kricketune and Finneon, it doesn't quite make the cut.

Still, after this little research on youtube I did, I have to say Frosslass' cry is my favorite, along with some other gen IV ones.

Spoiler:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
Lampent has the single most hauntingly eerie cry I've heard. It's almost too beautiful.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
I can't really think of a Pokemon that stands out as the "Most Beautiful", however my favorite has always been Jolteon's. I guess I'd go with Gardevoir, only because of how mystical it sounded in Super Smash Bros. Brawl when you got it from a PokeBall.

Sirfetch’d

There are many Pokemon whose cries I find really beautiful. In the end though, I'll say that I like Milotic's cry the best.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Lugia's cry, because it sounds quite awesome to me. It sounds even better when you play around with it in the PokéDex cry mixer, haha. I also like Geodude's cry, because every time I hear it, it reminds me of the good old days of Pokémon Red and Blue. My least favorite cry would have to be Kricketune's. It's one of the longest cries I've ever heard, and it's also kind of scary. xD"

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I actually just went through my Pokedex in B2, and even though I'm missing many, many entries, I still have some interesting finds.

Many Psychic and Ghost Pokemon have very haunting cries, like Gardevoir, Gothitelle, Drowzee, and check out Mismagius, very creepy. Of course, there's also Haunter, hehe.

There are some fun cries, like Finneon or Hippopotas or Croagunk/Toxicroak, rather unexpected. And what's up with Krabby's cry, how does it make that sound? I actually noticed that previous generations feature some very random cries, while Unova Pokemon are quite accurate to their real life counterparts: Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland actually sound like dogs, while Purrloin/Liepard sound like cats, Pidove's cry is similar to a pidgeon's and Mandibuzz caws like a vulture, and Bouffalant moos like a buffalo. It may be because my Unova 'dex is only missing a few entries, while other regions are not nearly as full, so maybe that's why it's more noticeable in Unova to me, what do you guys think?

Anyway, besides those already mentioned here, my favorites would be Lilligant, it's very cute and sounds like a bird's song. Also Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie's cries sound like bells. And I really like Bronzor's cry, it's almost like a drumming sound before a battle.

Orifiel

Priestess
Years
Most beautiful.. maybe Meloetta Aria, no wonder right?
Her voice and melody, gives the beauty. I find that amazing.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
I don't describe any of them as "beautiful" but I just love some of the shorter cries, such as Watchog, Oshawott, Pawniard, Tirtouga, Emolga and Ducklett. I also like Garbodor's cry too, as it's very relevant to it's typing.

I'm not a fan of the cries from Pokemon in the previous four generations though, mostly because of the bad sound quality back in those years.

iamsilver101

~Silver
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Shaynim. I think that's how you spell it...
It just sounds like its next to a single tree in a endless plains Biome, with wind rushing thru its... hair. Who doesn't love the little guy?

Years
If you talk about the cries in the anime almost all cries of pokes are my favorite specially the cute ones. But if you talk about the game cries, non is my favorite as I mute my audio while playing

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Kricketune was my first thought, haha. I also love the cries of Cresselia, Lumineon, Vaporeon, Ninetales, Articuno, and Mew.

Back