• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What is your favorite Gen III Pokemon

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Since there is the topic about your favorite Gen I and II Pokemon, I figured that it need a Gen III, so I decided to make one.

My favorites are: Sceptile, Swampert, Gardevoir, Aggaron, Sharpedo, Wailord, Camerupt, Flygon, Milotic, Absol, Walrein, Salamense, Metagross, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, and especially Blaziken.

My least favorites are Spinda and Luvdisc, lack of Pokemon that I don't like.

DISCUSS!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My favorites are Blaziken, Altaria, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Beautifly, Regice, Ludicolo, Sableye, Duskull, Shiftry...GEE I like so many!

I don't really have any least favorites though. I don't really hate any Pokemon from this gen and it's not bias either, cause I have always enjoyed the designs of the gen III Pokemon. n___n

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
WildMudkipScenePalettized.png

Of course. No question. Nothing can beat an Earthquakin' Water/Ground starter! Also extremely cute.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
My #1 favorites would have to be tied between Linoone and Zangoose. I can't decided which one I like the most.

least favorite would have to be Torchic's entire evolution line.

Years
Hoenn has quite a few faves, I love all the starters especially cos they have pretty unique designs although Mudkip tends to get my like a little better.

And I also love Spinda, Plusle, Minun and the Ralts line as far as cute Pokemon goes. Also, Manectric, that electric wolf who became one of my fave Electric-types and a valuable member of my Ruby team, and Breloom cos it's such a powerhouse when trained right.

Years
In no particular order, Sceptile, Dustox, Breloom, Aggron, Wailord, Absol, Metagross and Rayquaza are my favorite out of the Hoenn Pokemon. Rayquaza's probably my favorite out of all of the legendaries (not just Hoenn), and in my top 5-10 of all-time, so I'd have to give it the nod as topping my list out of Hoenn.

Years
Glalie, Absol and Kyogre are my favourite pokémon from the Hoenn regio. Camerupt has my attention too. ^^

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Kyogre, Blaziken, Rayquaza, Absol, and the Ralts family are among my favorites.

My least favorites have to be the Lotad family, Nosepass, Meditite family, Luvdisc (get an evolution already...), and Spindina.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
Sceptile, Absol, Flygon, Metagross, Armaldo, Cradily, Flygon, Mightyena, Roselia, Rayquaza, Kyogre, Gardevoir, Milotic, Sharpedo, Dusclops, Mawile, Skarmory, Torkoal, Glalie, Salamence, Swellow, Dustox, Regi Trio, and all there evolutionary lines, and I still think I'm probably missing a few.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Torchic/Combusken/Blasiken, Taillow/Swellow, Milotic, and Kirlia are my top faves, and they are must haves for my team. :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I have a lot of favorites so bear with me : Charmander and its evolution line/Blaziken/Moltres/Zapdos/Rayquaza/Kyogre/Groudon/Plusle and Minun/Pikachu/Articuno.
My least favorite is only Magikarp but i like Gyarados.

Years
My #1 favorites would have to be tied between Linoone and Zangoose. I can't decided which one I like the most.

least favorite would have to be Torchic's entire evolution line.

I must agree with PersianTrainer, my favorite pokemon was Linoone.

my reasons are the followings:

1. The pickup ability (i love that ability in game for free items)
2. One of the few pokes that have the ability pick up after evolve. (from zigzagoon to linone)
3. He can learn a lot of HM, some of them even can learn the surf
4. He obtain the covet move, that move in emerald was so useful to me for obtain heart scales from ludovisk.
5. No matter what teams i choose when I play again emerald, in the adventure in game i always pick a zig zagon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
My first favorite would have to be Sceptile. What always turned me off about grass-types in the last two gens was just how darn slow they were. Having a grass starter who would soon become the fastest grass in the game was a breath of fresh air!

Second would have to be Zangoose. Not only did he have great speed and attack, as a kid I always thought he looked badass with his red fur making him look like he got into a huge fight. Also he was extremely easy to raise.

Third would have to be Slaking. Him for more sentimental reasons. It always frustrated me how he had the truant ability (as well as his inability to learn Skill Swap). However, whenever I was in a tight jam during a gym leader or the elite four, I knew I could always trust my slaking when I switched him out and pulled a Hyper Beam. It was almost always a OHKO and I couldn't be more grateful to have him.

#4 is Glaile 'cause his design always looked cool to me.

Pokedude3012

Slayer of Milotics
Years
Unfortunately, all of my favourites are the most difficult to catch. Milotic, mainly. However, Blaziken is pretty awesome, and it doesn't take much to get him. Rayquaza is the best legendary, but some other greats are: Metagross, Aron (a mini-legend!), Ludicolo, Altaria etc.

Back