• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Pink Jelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
pokemonpinkjellylogo.png

Introduction
~~~~~~~~~~
Prepare...
for trouble!
And make it double!
Oh wait. Well, prepare for the nonsense that is Pokemon Pink Jelly.
This hack will contain a lot of "jokes" and be quite random at times, unlike a lot of the more serious rom hacks out there.
Besides, starting out with a pink blob can't possibly end up too serious.
Don't worry though, it might end up surprising you.

Story
~~~~~~~~~~
Like the rest of the world, Gellet is your run-of-the-mill region. People aren't black and white. Mistakes happen, and sometimes the best decisions aren't made. Selfishness, vanity, and arrogance, are common themes. This is just something to expect.
You, 16-years-old and resident of the dreary, eternally rainy Ortolan Town, decide to finally leave home. You've never met your father and thus your mother will be left alone, but she reluctantly accepts your decision. So you go to the lab. Your hometown professor, Prof. Tree, is a misogynistic jerk, but he gives you your first Pokemon, a Ditto. With this new pink mass of… something, by your side, you leave the town without looking back.
Throughout your travels, you may do things you aren't so proud of, but sometimes you can't help yourself. At least you feel bad in the end, right? As you pass through the various cities collecting badges, you come across the same kinds of thieves and liars, but the horizon still seems brighter than it was in Ortolan. Perhaps you can find a way to redeem yourself; perhaps you can make yourself stand out amongst these people.
And you soon find that opportunity. You soon get mixed up in the happenings of Team Pamant as they get closer to finding a certain Pokemon named "Tokemyk". Legend has it, that Pokemon created the world. It was the one that shaped our seas and lands based on Arceus' wishes. With the power it used to create the world, it can certainly destroy it as well. Team Pamant wants to control this and you know you need to stop them. Will your insignificant self be able to save the world while everyone else runs away in fright? Or will you turn around and leave it up to someone else?

Tl;dr: The world (hilariously) sucks and somehow you end up wrapped up in an epic conflict.​

Features
~~~~~~~~~~
  • Several New Pokemon (Including New Legendaries)
  • New/Revamped Sprites For All Pokemon
  • A Whole New Region
  • New Tilesets (Eventually)
  • An Involved Story
  • Hilarity All Around (Ideally)
  • An Upped Difficulty Level

Screenshots
~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Fakemon
~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler:

Completion Status
~~~~~~~~~~

Ortolan Town - 95%
Route 601 - 85%
Zed Path (Part 1) - 95%
Nutria City - 15%
*Note: Changing the tilesets will come later than sooner, so unfortunately, you'll have to stare at the boring FireRed tilesets.

Support Mistreated Dittos
~~~~~~~~~~

0aa589560349bfead22c74d604bccab7.gif

Many thanks to Darkest Shade of Light!

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238207][img]http://i.picasion.com/pic34/0aa589560349bfead22c74d604bccab7.gif[/img][/url]

clipboard01v.gif

Many thanks to Cutlerine!

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=238207][img]http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/3113/clipboard01v.gif[/img][/url]

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
*Note: Changing the tilesets will come later than sooner, so unfortunately, you'll have to stare at the boring FireRed tilesets.
The FireRed tilesets are only boring if you make them boring. Anyway, the mapping seems pretty poor. Rock from the top of mountains doesn't just magically flow into the grass like that; nor is it a very good idea to have a big straight two tile width waterfalls and one tile width stairs. Also, the cave is an obvious Mount Moon edit, and the first town is an obvious Pallet Town edit. I mean come on...you added a bridge and removed most of the path? No. Just no. And the House still has part of the path behind it. Good luck, and hope to see some improvements :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Well, this is something else... But, why make the starter Ditto? It seems a little rough, because it is quite hard to defeat a Pokemon when you are transformed into it, with half or less of the PP. Still, good luck!

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@altariaking: Our plan (this is a joint project between me and one friend, who doesn't want an account here) was the tilesets I create will fix all the wonky issues with the mapping, like the jarring change from the grass and rock (below that area is another cave entrance, we might just edit it so you can't walk on the top of it).

Additionally, Ortolan is a very obvious edit, we'll give you that, but Zed Path is actually a completely new map, but again, the same tileset isn't really helping. And perhaps the screenshots don't really show much of within the cave (I was going for a pic of the text). Ortolan isn't completely finalized either, at least according to my friend. He says he's going back upon finishing the tilesets.

It really sounds like I should really work on those tilesets, right? XD

Anyway, I don't want it sounding like we're all "HOW DARE YOU CRITICIZE US," I'm really just trying to point out our solutions and I reallyreally do appreciate the crit. I welcome it, in fact.

@agentgeo: Well. It IS s'posed to be a bit more difficult. XD But no, we are keeping it all in mind. The rival has a Gastly, for example. (Yay for both sides killing each other, right?)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
@agentgeo: Well. It IS s'posed to be a bit more difficult. XD But no, we are keeping it all in mind. The starter has a Gastly, for example. (Yay for both sides killing each other, right?)
Well, do you mean that you get more Pokemon right at the start, or do you need to catch them. Still, giving Gastly a chance to shine is nice.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This hack seems like it will be fun and quirky once it matures enough. While I'm a bit concerned about how well ditto will fare in-game or wether the player will swap it out for a Rattata, I think people should wait before we can see what is really happening.

Your hometown professor, Prof. Tree, is a misogynistic jerk, but he gives you your first Pokemon, a Ditto.

I have nothing against the professor being a jerk or disliking the player, but I think you are limiting yourself if you just call him a misogynist. What if the player chooses to be a boy? Will he still hate the player? I think it would be best to refer to him as a childist: a person who discriminates against children and enforces any relevent sterotypes.

Its a bit odd to think of a region professor as not being happy and friendly to children :P

This screen shot is really, really unappealing. Stairs and waterfalls don't go hand-in-hand, so I would suggest moving either on of them over to prevent any contact between the two. If you look at the mountain's shape, you can even see that both the waterfall and stairs are constucted incorrectly - As you should know, waterfalls flow vertically, not horizontally, yet the mountain has walkable paths where (at the very least) water would pool or keepflowing, but it would not be a waterfall.

On the bottom left and bottom right hand side, there are mountaintop tiles which interact directly with regular grass tiles - This is bad mapping. Finally (this relates to all of your screenshots) there are five ground tiles to choose from, don't limit youself to just one. Mix and match or place them all randomly to prevent a monotonous carpet of green.

Sorry about all of this for one screenshot, but it had to be said.

Given time, I'm sure that this will mature and become a fun and quirky hack :D

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@DrFugi: Hmm. I guess I don't have a screenshot showing Tree as a misogynist... How'd I miss that? Well, the intent was that he's rude to the character no matter the gender, and just hits on every other woman ever. The woman in the lab, for example, comments on how he keeps asking her to sleep with him and how he's just disgusting.

And we both fail terribly at noticing that the stairs and how the ledges don't match up. That'll get edited. Pretty much nothing is finalized at all, of course. Again, thanks for the crit.

This hack was really made out of boredom that ended up growing into a whole project and then we were like "Hey, let's post it".

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
The title makes this hack already seem amusing. :X

The story seems interesting... Never met your dad, the whole region is filled with mean people, yikes, I'd never want to live in that region. D: And the twist in the Pokemon history with this new legendary Pokemon sounds interesting... Can't wait to see how it fits together throughout the hack.

The set of features sound pretty nice, I guess. :P Your mapping although... Could use some work. The mountains seem too thin/straight. The beach (last screenshot) is too straight also. Try and make it more natural less straight. Your grammar seems pretty good, though. ;)

All I suggest to improve is the mapping. Either than that, everything else in my opinion seems perfectly fine at the moment. The idea of the jokes in the hack sounds pretty original. Good job so far, and good luck.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but i too have concern with starting with a ditto. I mean, it's a ditto against a ghastly and(god forbid my rival has found a dark TM) i'm walking away with an L. I'm praying that there's more to this ditto than you're letting on. I don't map myself so i can't talk about map errors and such. The only joke that made me actually laugh out loud was when you get to steal that old man's shoes lol.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@Destiny Demon: The "Features" seems rather bare, really, we were just like "We'll add more as we decide on them." XD Anyway, thankyouthankyou for the crit and whatnot. We'll be slowly editing. =]

@Tigerwoodz: Hmm. I didn't think it would be such a huge concern to start out with Ditto, I just wanted poor little Ditto to shine. We did, however, have the Ditto start out holding a Metal Powder (ups Ditto's Def/Sp. Def), and most of the gyms will be more geared toward utilizing your Ditto. There'll be Dragon and Ghost gyms, and Fire/Electric/Water gyms that have Pokemon that have Flash Fire/Volt Absorb/Water Absorb.

We've tested it and had friends test it, and it really hasn't been too bad, but if need be, we can try to give the Ditto some advantage. It's just that after using it myself, it wasn't as bad as I thought either. XD

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Aside from mapping, which I won't go into after everyone else has, this hack looks like it may indeed be funny. And that, in my opinion, will always be the most important thing for anything. Ever. So basically, I'm saying - keep going.

As for Ditto - I love playing with Ditto (because it's invariably a hilarious experience). I'm the sort of person who catches a Lv. 15 Ditto in Gold and uses it to kill Morty's Lv. 25 Gengar in a single hit. Thus, Ditto vs. Gastly? Not really a problem in my eyes.

So, to summarise: despite the mapping errors, which I still won't go into, this looks like it has the potential to at least be interesting, and interesting is good.

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
Thanks to everyone looking forward to Pink Jelly. We're excited as well. XD

@Cutlerine: Finally someone thinks Ditto is fine! I thought we were gonna end up alone in that.

Update: So Ortolan and Route 601 have been edited, so here's the replacement screenshots, taken in the same spot as they were before...
ortolanedit2.png
601edit.png

I s'pose that Ortolan doesn't appear all that different... but it is. If necessary, I can I take another screenshot.

Additionally, I'll be adding "sneak peeks" at our various Fakemon.
So here's Tokemyk itself...

Spoiler:

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years

@Cutlerine: Finally someone thinks Ditto is fine! I thought we were gonna end up alone in that.

Update: So Ortolan and Route 601 have been edited, so here's the replacement screenshots, taken in the same spot as they were before...
ortolanedit2.png
601edit.png

I s'pose that Ortolan doesn't appear all that different... but it is. If necessary, I can I take another screenshot.

Spoiler:

I said I wouldn't do it, but... Waterfalls really do need at least two tiles of height to work properly, and preferably three. This is a massive improvement on what you had before, but it still looks like the water just randomly foams up for some reason. Also, you tend to get rock terrain on top of rocks, rather than grass.

Wait. Scratch that. I've just thought of numerous examples of when grass terrain has been found on top of rocks. Still, it might be worth trying to smooth the transition from rock to grass over a little bit. Like with the edge tiles for that path that looks like dirt, if I remember my FireRed tilesets correctly.

Now, if I remember how to do this right, you're always meant to give praise as well when you criticise people, so here goes:

Go Ditto! :P

Last edited:

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years

ortolanedit2.png
601edit.png

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I want the jigglypuff/hulk mix.That is awesome.I am looking forward to this hack.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013

ortolanedit2.png
601edit.png

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I see what you tried to do there with the 3 mini waterfall things. It looks liek a mini rapid type thing if i was to attempt to surf down it but it still could looks smoother. Great concept, just wasn't executed properly i guess. As far as the fakemon? I'm not a fan of fakemon myself so i don't have much crit to give about those.

yufang

Brain-Damaged Kid
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016

Spoiler:

GO HULK! I WANT THAT FAKEMON NOW! (looks awesome)

I don't see a problem about your waterfalls. If I remember correctly, there was one waterfall like that on one of the sevii islands...

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
Nice presentation of your hack in the first post ;).
The story sounds unique, I hope you can script the story that way because then the hack is gonna be cool =). Good work!

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
Thanks, everyone, for the support~

Both of us have several little projects going on at once and thus haven't done too much editing of the hack, but I really wanted to just say thanks. Ha. I actually have no idea what we're doing with the waterfalls. I believe we will end up leaving them as is. I guess it does look more awkward as a screenshot than in motion. I don't know.

To make this post not as useless:
Here's the intro ("Are you a boy or girl?") sprite for the male hero. (He's intentionally taller than the FR hero)
bigherospritefinished.png

And... here's another random screenshot?
herneedle.png

We actually had other plans for this old woman, but those plans were deemed inappropriate for a G rating. Unfortunately. XD I'll just leave it at that.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Here's the intro ("Are you a boy or girl?") sprite for the male hero. (He's intentionally taller than the FR hero)
bigherospritefinished.png

And... here's another random screenshot?
herneedle.png

We actually had other plans for this old woman, but those plans were deemed inappropriate for a G rating. Unfortunately. XD I'll just leave it at that.
Well, I love the sprite. Plus, you seem to have mastered scripting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back