• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
The time isn't changing now, it's gotten too late to do so. Also, be sure to have a PC OU team made; you'll need it for what I am planning. ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Well, that was pretty successful. Probably the worst Community Night that worked, but it's a start.

Anyway, what about 11 AM EST as a time for the next CN? Nica said she usually sleeps at around 1-2 AM, so it's convenient for her (CN would start at 11 PM for her) without being too early in the day. 4 PM for Elf and 5-6 PM for Yoh, so it's pretty good for them too. We could alternate between 7-9 PM and 11 AM as the times for each CN if the 11 AM one is successful.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
It was actually quite fun. Most fun ive had in along time. PC OU is an epic hell tier js lol.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
[a id]canyouseeme[/a id]Gonna bump this yo. Nica suggested to make the next CN happen on the American launch date for B2W2 (Sunday, October 7th); sort of like a celebration for when the newest Pokémon games are released. I agreed, but we still need to figure out the time for when it starts. So, I ask everyone...

Is 8 PM (GMT -5 / EST) a good time for when Community Night starts?

And everyone is fine with October 7th being used as the date, right?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think I might be asleep at 8pm EST lmao. Wait hmmm that's Monday for me, no I'll be awake, just that I'll have uni in three hours after that, so as long as comm night is like, three hours I'll be all good! n___n;

JUST DON'T FORGET THE NOTICE!!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, we're having issues with time zones as usual. There simply isn't a time that everyone is available at (sans 10 AM EST, which is a bit early for some). So, I proposed on the server that we hold the CN the entire day. This effectively removes the time zone issues, but now we will likely have problems retaining activity throughout the day. That problem might be minimized with the help of a forum notice however. We also need more events to do during the CN, since we have much more time to work with now. Post in this thread if you have any ideas! Stuff like trivia quizzes and mafia games could work.

It's now possible to hold individual tournaments for all tiers. There's a total of 14 tiers on PS, which should take roughly 14 hours total for them to be completed (depending on the participants and if people have their teams ready). I'm going to take out some tiers that are probably unnecessary:

Spoiler:

As for the other ideas discussed on the server... We could have one introduction to competitive Pokémon at a certain time during CN. I see this as more of a tournament we could do, in which regulars can give advice during battles. Nothing too major. Nica should probably comment on this since it's her idea. Another event idea is having a Community Create-A-Team. If you don't know, it's where the entire community creates a team (discuss the process, decide what to use, etc.), but in the case on the server. This might spark some interest in CCATs and we could host more on the forum later.

Thoughts? Do you guys have any event ideas? ddit: Events related to B2W2 would be cool as well.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
We could have one introduction to competitive Pokémon at a certain time during CN. I see this as more of a tournament we could do, in which regulars can give advice during battles. Nothing too major. Nica should probably comment on this since it's her idea.

(Everyone else should comment too!)

But yeah, I like the tournament idea of it, but at first just cover the basics of what to expect, and if you're expanding on it, the members could watch some of the regulars battle, then they have a go making a team, and then battle each other then time for the advice stage as they battle each other? idk shouldn't take too long and I'm sure many will benefit from it that way rather than just making their own team and not knowing anything at all.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Hmm well we don't really need anymore events now that I think about it. The two extra events (intro to battling and CCAT) should be enough. Not to mention that we'll probably be hosting tournaments through the day (almost) nonstop.

I'm slightly concerning about holding the CN on the B2W2 launch date, since some people might be busy getting the game or playing it. I suppose we'll be fine in the end.

So yeah, we should be good to go. I'll update the first post soon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Uhh change of plans guys. I'll be out celebrating a friend's birthday on Sunday. As a result, we might have to move the date to Saturday. However, that doesn't give us much time to get the forum notice up, plan the two events, and get everyone to create teams in time. I suggest delaying it another week. Saturday, October 13th might be good since that's one day after the B2W2 launch in Europe. Also, Saturday is better for the CN because Sunday comes after, so staying up later in the night becomes more convenient.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Uhh change of plans guys. I'll be out celebrating a friend's birthday on Sunday. As a result, we might have to move the date to Saturday. However, that doesn't give us much time to get the forum notice up, plan the two events, and get everyone to create teams in time. I suggest delaying it another week. Saturday, October 13th might be good since that's one day after the B2W2 launch in Europe. Also, Saturday is better for the CN because Sunday comes after, so staying up later in the night becomes more convenient.

This is why you should be anti-social. ;( But yes that does work out better and give a good gap between the PCX tourney and this, so it does work out well in the end.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, so everything looks good now. I'm going to see if I can get a forum notice up for this. Also, we need times for when the intro to battling and CCAT will start. For the intro, I'm thinking around 10-11 AM EST, while 5-8 PM for CCAT.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The times for intro work good for me.

Also dropping this here to do with intro:

&skylight: oooooh
&skylight: i have an idea
&skylight: a really good idea for comm day
&skylight: !!
molamaxi: That's true, I mean Gardevoir to me is one of my favourites
&skylight: it is p good
&skylight: uhh okay so my idea was
&skylight: to introduce people
&skylight: two regs face off with their teams
&skylight: then one leaves the battle
&skylight: so a new member joins it
&skylight: and the same for hte other side
&skylight: therefore they're battling with the regs teams
molamaxi: ok and at one point would one leave
&skylight: the regs must cheer them on to win
&skylight: yeah
&skylight: and the regs need to support them/help them
&skylight: so it'
gunbladeoriginal left
&skylight: s like a hands on experience
&skylight: easier than just giving them your teams to work with lmao
molamaxi: seems like a good idea to me. I think you'd be saving time as well
&skylight: that's if we can get enough new people
&skylight: XD;

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
So...by leaving a battle you can let someone else take your place? That's neat, but can't you just give them your team...? Then they'll have more time to look over the team and get adjusted to it. I think using a PS glitch (?) complicates things anyway. It's pretty easy to send someone a pastebin link, then import it to the teambuilder, so I don't really see the point. Am I missing something?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So...by leaving a battle you can let someone else take your place? That's neat, but can't you just give them your team...? Then they'll have more time to look over the team and get adjusted to it. I think using a PS glitch (?) complicates things anyway. It's pretty easy to send someone a pastebin link, then import it to the teambuilder, so I don't really see the point. Am I missing something?

Well I just figured it'd save a little bit of time for those that are confused about teambuilder and really wanna get into it, but whichever works easiest!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Okay, I've been thinking about reducing the amount of tournament themes to around 5. The tournaments will just be repeated throughout the day (perhaps with little twists to existing rules to keep them interesting). I doubt anyone will be interested in all of the themes. I'm changing it to this if no one any objections.

1. OU
2. NU
3. Random Battle
4. Ubers
5. UU
6. 1v1

Well I just figured it'd save a little bit of time for those that are confused about teambuilder and really wanna get into it, but whichever works easiest!
If they find that more convenient, then sure, whichever works best for them. PS is isn't very complex though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back