• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the Video Game Music Above You

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
2/10

It's average but I gave it a low rating cos I've seen way too many Sonic music in this thread, it's getting boring for me.

Instead of posting a piece of music from Black & White, I decided to do one from Pokemon Platinum. This is the Giratina battle theme in the Distortion World.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
...UHm Hikari, if I follow your logic, shouldn't I be giving the song you posted a low rating as well? You aren't making much sense you know...

Anyway, 5/10, never liked this theme, the lake trio's and Cynthia's are way better IMO.

Definitely one of the best games out of made,you can expect me posting more songs from FFTA.

Years
2/10

I didn't really like it.

More Crash Bandicoot music - this is the "Cortex Power" theme music from the first game.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Wow, I never played the game, but it really does remind me of all the old adventure-platformers I used to play. Still it wasn't that special, so 5/10

Probably the most badass battle music ever made.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
6.5/10

Eh, Touhou is overrated and its music is too.

AND NOW, A SONG FROM THE MOST SOPHISTICATED GAME IN HISTORY.

If it doesn't work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbnoowg-7qU

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
7/10, and not because it's funny. It was part of the force when Western Gaming music was catchy and memorable. It doesn't show as much in the seventh generation, but there is some good music, even if minimal.

But I'd disagree about the Touhou bit. It's really popular as a Doujin, but it pales in comparison to the popularity of other indie games (or games in general), and is sadly still considered a niche game due to it's being a doujin (and a bullet hell).

Also, moving from Touhou to Ace Attorney

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
Well, it was upbeat and the tune was pleasant. Not too bad for a (short) French inspired song, but the low quality instruments brought down the rating for me. 6/10

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
5/10, though I don't have much to say about the song itself other than the fact that I was caught off guard by the singing, it contrasted with the instruments quite a bit, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Say what you will about the game, but I love this battle theme. I have a thing for fully orchestrated soundtracks (or songs in general), but avoiding bias, it detaches itself from the FF battle theme norm without going down the wrong track. It's somber at the beginning, but rises in action until it gets to the point where, if the battle has lasted this long, it truly reflects the feel of the battle itself.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
7/10 Didn't like the intro, but it's fairly good.

The main theme of Wario Land 4, I always liked the music from Wario games.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
7/10
I like it okay. I fits for a final boss theme, but it lacks spectacle.

A boss tune from a very popular indie game, its the Fast Track to Browntown! It plays when you're having a race to the death with the result of Dr Fetus fetal waste! Its Brownie!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eURdUjrhyAs

God I post alot of themes that have things to do with poo...

Years
Need to keep this from dying...

5/10

Not exactly keen on Sonic, since I don't play most of the games.

This is the music that plays when a Gym Leader is down to their last Pokemon in Pokemon Black & White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back