• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Brutal Hit?

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I was in the Battle Subway and I sent out my Nidoking, opponent sends out his Porygon2. I get off an Earth Power and deal about 60ish percent. I eat a Psychic and lose about 60. My SDef drops. I kill it with another Earth Power. He then sends in a Porygon-Z. I Earth Power and it deals 90 percent damage. The Porygon-Z then fires off a Adaptability Hyper Beam at my weakened, SDef dropped Nidoking. I cringed at the sight of its demise.

What are some of the brutal hits you remember dealing or being on the receiving end?

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
Flare Blitz + Maxed Attack + Attack EV's + Rhyperior = Absolute Rape.

I know it's a Rock/Ground type, but that move/status combination absolutely decimated him. He was only like 4 levels below me too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Given: Absol: Swords Dance → Swords Dance → Superpower → Sucker Punch everything else.
I don't recall what I've taken.

#isthenumbersign
Years
I love boosting with Quiver Dance and then using Petal Dance or some other move (with Liligant). By itself there's not much power, but I can easily take out even like Flying or Fire types with it.

I seem to recall getting hit by a lot of Fire Blasts from Hydreigon, which killed my team.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Here is the most brutal attack i have given to double, triple opponents:

Typhlosion's Eruption at Full Health(150) + STAB(*1.5) + Fire Gem(*1.5) + Sun Weather Boost(*1.5) + Cherrim's Flower Gift(*1.5) + Cherrim's Helping Hand(*1.5) = Magma Apocalypse!!!! (1139.0625 Total Base Power)

The Boosts could increase it's power to an extent that it will knock out all that receive it and send a max Hp Blissy to critical health in one hit. That is pure devastation.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Here is the most brutal attack i have given to double, triple opponents:

Typhlosion's Eruption at Full Health(150) + STAB(*1.5) + Fire Gem(*1.5) + Sun Weather Boost(*1.5) + Cherrim's Flower Gift(*1.5) + Cherrim's Helping Hand(*1.5) = Magma Apocalypse!!!! (1139.0625 Total Base Power)

The Boosts could increase it's power to an extent that it will knock out all that receive it and send a max Hp Blissy to critical health in one hit. That is pure devastation.

Yes, this is the kind of post I was looking for, lol.
That is sick.
inb4,

"Although the circumstances would be nearly impossible, a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Huge Power or Pure Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal over 210,000,000 damage."

which is still awesome in its own right, but I'm looking for real situations ppl actually went through.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
It's worth noting that Flower Gift increases attack, while Eruption is a special move.

Oh...well...that was a fail for me, but power is still high enough.

Before you mentioned this, I had no idea about it. I'll be changing my sun team's format soon.

Years
Wild Audino using Double-Edge always seems to take away a huge chunk of my HP, even fainting my Pokemon in some cases unless if I'm using something resistant to Normal.

Not to mention STAB makes it more threatening when I'm fighting those pink nurses.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Volcarona after few Quiver Dances is deadly.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Adaptability Hyper Beam from Porygon-Z is most lethal attack I know of.

I just trained a Modest Volcarona with 2/21/31/31/31/31 IVs and EV trained. Depending on the enemies first pokemon, Volcarona sets up 1-3 Quiver Dances, and then Chesto-Rests off the damage to start a full-health sweep.

Back