• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] idea dump

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
So, I don't do so well with details. After working my tail off on the latest art battle, I was this close
Spoiler:

to submitting my entry when I realized that I was participating in the wrong contest. The rules were to create Chespin's evolutionary line, and for whatever ridiculous reason I believed for a whole week we were to create Fennekin's evolutionary line. I even read the rules multiple times to ensure I made no mistakes. How could I have been such a total idiot?

Needless to say, I've bailed out of the contest. Alexial and Fenneking and anyone who was looking forward to seeing the entries, I give you all permission to kick my ass in a dark alley. I sincerely apologize.

So since I worked so hard on my entries, I thought I might as well post them here. Enjoy.

❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿​

STAGE 1 EVOLUTION

NAME: Flixen

ARTWORK:
Spoiler:

TYPE: (Fire/Normal)

DESCRIPTION: Despite its cuddly appearance, this fox-like creature- known for its cunning behavior- can breathe fire and penetrate boulders with its howl. Spotting a Flixen alone is rare, for it resides in the most obscure caverns of volcanoes and hunts with small packs. However, its curiosity brings it to roam the forests with its kin. Flixen's large ears carry small, fiery stones that little is known about, but it is rumored that if the stones are taken, the Pokemon's growth is stunted.

***​

STAGE 2 EVOLUTION

NAME: Fokkaun

ARTWORK:
Spoiler:

TYPE: (Fire/Normal)

DESCRIPTION: Famous for its speed and grace, Fokkaun can be found racing through forests if one's eyes are quick enough to spot more than its fiery trails. Fokkaun's behavior undergoes massive change from its previous stage, Flixen. It exhibits the preference to wander alone and away from volcanoes, and is rather helpful and compassionate to Pokemon in need, although it doesn't stick around for praise. Studies have shown that Fokkaun's ears- unlike Flixen's- do not possess any stones, but mysterious glistening shards of everstone* have been found resting in its thick, white fur.

Last edited:

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
New piece up, one I really applied myself to. I only wish the quality would show for it. I call it "Bathing in Rue," it is based on everything I have been feeling this week. Enjoy!

beware: boobs. For mature audiences only.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey! I'm so happy to see even more from you! n_n;

I've got a lot to catch up on! So if it's okay.. I'm going to kind of run through them quickly.

This one
reminds me of Tingle. Idk why exactly... Maybe it's just the whimsical / dark nature or the distinctly symmetrical patterns. But this isn't the first time I've said that some of your work reminds me of Majora's Mask. You're art has this air about it lol.

Moving on! ARGH I'm glad you drew the wrong pokemon, cause you would have rocked that battle with this >;(However, I'm even more glad that you decided to push those blacks into that drawing because it really makes that color stand out. It's always worrisome to put blacks into a light piece but I believe you really pulled it off well in that one. There is so much believable texture in the abdomen. I'm absolutely in love with it.

Finally, I cannot even imagine how your week has been if it inspired this piece. :o I'm not sure if this picture is actually much bigger in person, but I like how you used very small pencil strokes to color in the greys. It makes it so much easier on the eyes when I'm not trying to take in foot long lines of varying intensity. Regardless, it's obvious that you've taken everyone's advice here are put equal amount of detail into every part of the anatomy and not just the face. That, right there, is clear and present improvement! You should be proud of that!

Once again, awesome updates, outfox! n_n;

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Great to see your new stuff.

Talking to the stars is a funny name just because of where it comes from. Haha, I love the stuff toddlers say. It's a nice piece. I guess the post afterwords from Alex was referring to that one. I think it's fine for what it is, but I'm not the best judge of realistic stuff (didn't I say this already? I swear I can't keep up with the things I write). It took me a while to notice the pattern was of planets, cresents and stars, though.

I like the fact that some of your "lame old doodles" look like cartoons from Fleischer Studios, and judging by Betty Boop in your avatar, I'd assume this is intentional. In fact, heh, it might explain a whole lot more about your artwork. Fleischer Studios's cartoons were anything but ordinary.

I also love your design for Flixen. It's so cute and cuddly looking, though it also kind of looks like it's got an old man beard, heh. You know, I wish what you've made here was the way the creature turned out officially. Even if by some sheer coincidence the official evolutions were dead ringers, I'd still prefer yours over Sugimori's, as yours has a lot more artistic flair. I feel like Sugimori's art just exists to get the point across and no more than that (but then again, that's promotional game art more often than not for you).

Bathing in Rue also looks pretty wonderful, but it really makes me wish you had a scanner. We should donate one to you. What? I hope everything you were feeling included some positive things, though.

Back