• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Shawn Williams - Raikou Dorm - Pokemon Center

Shawn smiled and blushed a little himself, hearing both Amy and Kayla referred to him as Kayla's boyfriend. He watched as she was talking to Amy on her Xtransciever before noticing that Gastly was in the corner, looking like he was guilty about something. Maybe it felt responsible for what happened to him. Maybe he could cheer it up somehow.

Shawn slowly approached the Gastly with Pyra floating beside him. He knelt down to where they'd be eye level and spoke softly, "Please don't feel bad about what happened, ok? If I hadn't intruded, none of it would've happened. I don't hold anyone or any pokemon responsible for my injuries. I'll be ok, really. Ok?" He smiled at the sulking ghost before returning with Pyra to Kayla's side, wondering what they were talking about now.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"The main thing we need to focus on for Cubone is his confidence, so I thought a couple of easy wins would be a good start. You saw what happened, he got too scared in battle and just started using Endure so he wouldn't get hurt too badly."
"Cu..." Cubone lowered his head.
"But I know he can be a great battler. We just need to keep working at it until he believes in himself a bit more, y'know? Shuppet is... fine, I guess. I only just caught him and he's kinda weird, but he listens to me and does what I say, so he just needs more general training and more experience in battles. They're my focus right now, at least until I help them get a bit stronger or catch another Pokemon that needs my help just as much. If you've got any ideas though, I'm all ears. I haven't been a trainer for very long so I'm still tryin' to figure out the best way to do things."

It stung to admit that she might benefit from help, but these were early days. Once she had a few more wins under her belt she could stand on her own two feet more, but the most important thing right now was helping Cubone.​

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"Yeah I remember. Hmm... in terms of Shuppet, its normal if he's kind of weird. Ghost Types love to make their own rules and be little rebels. Snype here always liked to run off on his own whenever I was asleep. I tried keeping an eye on him but couldn't last through the night to keep up. Eventually I got adjusted and started playing his little games. We started to bond much better that way." Mark said, looking over the Snype who nodded in agreement.

"For Cubone... well... fighting Caterpies is one thing to get his confidence up... but if he lost after all of that, it would be pretty devastating toward Cubone I'd think. Um... what moves can Cubone use? I might be able to help him get over his shyness of fighting..." He said.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
217434_364632540309071_2067233548_n.jpg
Oerba Dia Vanille

"alright now that we've seen a demonstration from everyone who wants to be a coordinator we're going to move on to the last part of the lesson. This is your chance to ask any questions you'd like about Pokemon Coordination." Juan smiled at all the students before calling on a boy with brown hair.

"Juan what is the difference between a trainer and a coordinator." he asked putting his hand down.

"There isn't much of a difference, trainers and coordinators train their Pokemon in a similar way, though coordinators put an emphasis on beauty and appearance that trainers do not. Both do focus on battles but trainers focus on training enough to beat the gyms, coordinators focus on having powerful yet beautiful moves" Juan said before calling on a black haired girl.

"Why do they focus on beauty and power?"

"the second round is a battle tournament." Juan answered and called on another boy.

"Is there anything specific you need to participate in contests?"

"In order to participate in a contest you need a contest pass from the region the contests are in, similar to the Pokemon license you need to have Pokemon" Juan said before spotting Vanille's hand up.

"Juan what do you have to do to be part of the Grand Festival in one of the regions?" Vanille asked.

"Good question, in order to be part of a regions Grand Festival you have to earn five contests ribbons from that region. The winner of the Grand Festival receives the Ribbon Cup and the title of Top Coordinator" Juan smiled at all of them. "that's all for today, class is dismissed but feel free to come find me at any time if you have any questions"

Vanille stood up and waved at Juan before turning to Merida and Prince. "Come on let's head to Oak town I want to get some TM's" she said though she couldn't understand her Pokemon she was just so used to talking about everything to Merida. Gonna buy some TM's then probably come back here to get something to eat.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"I guess so. Shuppet doesn't do anything wrong, just... floats there. And stares at me. Doesn't even say anything, so I don't really know how to start bonding. And Cubone, well right now we don't really know what he would be capable of since I've never actually seen him fight with his all. And his moves? Uh..."

She furrowed her brow as she tried to remember what they told her at the Pokemon Centre. She really ought to have written all this down...

"Well, Bone Club, since he's a Cubone. And we obviously know he can use Endure. Growl and Tail Whip too. Oh, and Headbutt! He knows Headbutt - and Leer. He knows Leer as well. I'm pretty sure Leer and Tail Whip do the same thing though, so I dunno how much that helps. And I've only ever actually seen him use Bone Club and Endure. So... yeah."

Sammy shrugged, at a loss to how any of those moves could help with Cubone's confidence problems. He just seemed to panic so badly whenever confronted, growling or leering at the enemy wasn't going to do much to help that.​

Years
Kayla Makihatayama

Kayla smiled and grabbed Shawn's hand. She turned back to her Xtransciever and pouted. "No," she said angrily. Amy's face stared back at her with a frown. "Satoshi's really sorry, Kayla. Accept his apology already!" She groaned when she was pushed aside. Kayla blinked and sighed at the blonde man on the screen. "Not you too, Chase," she said sadly. "Why should I forgive him? He's mean..." Chase rolled his eyes. "He said that he's sorry. Can't you forgive and forget already? This is really eating at him..." Chase looked down at the ground and sighed. Kayla pouted. "Why are you guys bugging me about this?" she asked. "It's so stupid..."

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded at the Cubones moves. "Good set of moves to start with. Cubone looks like he would be very good at close combat. Getting him better at that sort of thing might help him out. Hey maybe you could try teaching him something similar to what you taught me? Teach him a good stance and such. I'm sure that would help him in battle! He'd feel alot more confident going into a battle like that I'm sure. And it'd be a unique training exercise! Just a suggestion anyways." Mark said. He thought about how he could improve Cubone's abilities a bit more.

"Hmm... I know! I actually still have a TM on me that should help Cubone a ton!" Mark said. He pulled out an orange colored TM out of his bag. He used it on Len awhile back but this was one of those expensive reusable TMs. It contained Brick Break.

"It's a fighting type move. You can break through barriers like Light Screen with it. It'd be really handy for Cubone if you'd like to teach him!" Mark said.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Mark had a point. She'd never considered training Cubone in any of the fighting styles she knew because he wasn't a Fighting type Pokemon. But he could still benefit from it, so why not? There were plenty of exercises she knew for focusing yourself and preparing for a fight - teaching them to Cubone should have been the first thing she thought of. She was going to have to completely change the way she approached her training methods.

As for Brick Break, it was a lovely offer, and it couldn't hurt Cubone to know a more useful move even if he couldn't use it until his confidence problems were solved. Then again, maybe knowing a high powered move like that would help Cubone's confidence.

"What do you think Cubone? It has to be your decision buddy."

Cubone looked from the TM disk up to Sammy, his expression unreadable behind the skull he wore on his head. Looking back to the disk he nodded - just once, but firmly. "Cubone!"

"Then yeah Mark, that'd be awesome if you don't mind. Guess I'll really owe you one now, huh?"​

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded and handed Sammy the TM. He was glad Cubone was willing to learn a new move like this. It was really handy and worked well for Len! Mark had a few more TMs but probably nothing Cubone would be able to make use of. He didn't want to feed Cubone too much powerful moves after all... point is, this would be a good method to boost the little guys confidence.

"Here you go. Just place it lightly on his head and he'll quickly learn the move. He'll have to forget one of his other moves of course. Once your finished, lets test it out! Give him something to smash apart with his new attack!" Mark said confidently. Brick Break did give a quick burst of power when used. It'd make Cubone feel really strong when he used it! Mark thought so anyways.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy knelt down beside Cubone and touched the disk lightly to his head, hoping that it would work through the skull he wore. Nothing really seemed to happen, no flash of light or little jingle, but a look of understanding did come into Cubone's eyes.

"Uh, did it work?"
"Cu cubone!" The Lonely Pokemon exclaimed excitedly.
"Oh awesome! Thanks Mark! So, try using Brick Break Cubone!"

Cubone swung his bone club through the air a few times, warming up. Looking around he spotted a large rock a small way off from the berry patch and ran towards it, holding his club out to one side. Raising the club above his head he brought it crashing down onto the rock. At first nothing seemed to happen, but then a hair thin crack zigzagged its way down the rock. Once the crack touched the earth the rock split in two, falling to either side. It wasn't the strongest Brick Break in the world, but it was a step in the right direction.

Sammy jumped up into the air and pumped her fists, whooping in celebration. "That - was - AWESOME! You're the man Cubone!"

Cubone turned around from the split rock, looking a little dazed by what he'd accomplished.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark clapped at Cubones performance. That was Brick Break alright! Cubone seemed to have the hang of it. This would be a step in the right direction for the two no doubt. Mark wished his supply of TMs were bigger... he'd teach his Pokemon all sorts of moves. But of course, they were really expensive. Still, Mark was happy to help however he could.

"That was sweet! Cubone might be able to take Len on with that kind of force!" Mark said hoping to raise Cubone's spirits. He took the TM disc back and placed it into its proper pouch in the TM compartment of his backpack. Mark sat down against one of the trees and dug through his bag a bit.

"Hey since we're on the topic, want to see the rest of my team? I know one of them could use a bit of fresh air." Mark said. He pulled out Commodore's ball and let the Porygon 2 out of its ball. The digital Pokemon looked around the forest curiously.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Oh wow," Sammy breathed, walking closer to Commodore. "Is that a Porygon 2? I've never even seen a normal Porygon before, not even on the TV. They're meant to be super rare, aren't they? Where did you find one of these?" She asked before remembering her manners. "Hi there. I'm Sammy." She waved to Commodore, unsure if a digital Pokemon would behave the same way as a regular one. If Mark had one of these one his team she didn't have the first idea of how she would deal with it in a battle, she knew almost nothing about them.

Cubone took another look at the rock he'd split in half before trotting over to join Sammy. He looked up at Commodore uncertainly, he'd never seen a Pokemon like it before.​

Megaman765

Years
Commodore turned over to Sammy and blinked a moment. The expressions on his eyes weren't as two dimensional as expected from a program. It looked very lifelike even though it was programmed that way. Porygon 2 were much more advanced from their older counterparts. But again, Porygon were extremely rare Pokemon. Mark didn't know a single person in the Academy that owned a Porygon. He teneded to keep him in his Pokeball because for all he knew, he'd be getting some absurd trades from a ton of students.

"Oh, him? He's another Pokemon I've owned ever since I was a kid. My dad gave it to me as a gift..." Mark said. He was a bit nervous to explain the exact means he acquired it from. Mark never did have the best connection with his dad.

Commodore looked over to Cubone curiously and bobbed his head up and down to him to give a nod. For fun, he used Conversion 2 to change his type to something that would resist the Cubone. His color Palate went from Red and Blue, to orange and white to represent a flying type.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

She whistled when Mark told her how he got Commodore. "That's some gift. I'm pretty sure you can't catch them in the wild, right? They're like... made... or something. Must've cost him a bomb. Totally gives you an edge as a trainer though."

Cubone nodded back slowly, tilting his head to the side as Commodore used Conversion to become a Flying type.

"Oh, that's cool. He's like a Kecleon, changing his colours and stuff. So you've got a Sableye, a Poliwrath and a Porygon 2... you've got really good coverage there," she admitted. He had five different types across three pokemon, while she had four across three. And he was bound to have other Pokemon too.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark shrugged. "Eh... well it sort of did. See... Commodore here was actually the result of some huge Jackpot my Dad received while playing in the Game Corner down in Celedon. Somehow he ended up winning big and with his coins he ended up receiving a Porygon. This was before the whole thing with Team Rocket was discovered in the Game Corner though so he had no idea where it came from. In the end though, he gave the Pokemon to me as a gift. I'm still not on great terms with my dad but Commodore here has been a heck of a Team Player." He said with a smile.

Commodore floated a little closer to Cubone and circled around him curiously with a happy expression on his eyes.

"Oh! I got a few more... um... you aren't squeamish around bug types are you? This ones a quick little bugger and I know a few people who can't stand them.

The figure the was watching Mark kept a close eye on Commodore. He seemed to be a primary Target.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Bug types? I don't really mind them either way. I'm not going to scream and climb a tree if that's what you're worried about. We didn't get many of them on the ships, so I guess I never learned to be scared of them like other girls are."

So a Bug type as well... with Mark showing off more of his team she wondered if she should let Corphish out for a little while. She'd see what Pokemon Mark sent out first, if it was something big like a Galvantula she might leave it so they didn't get too crowded. That and he'd probably try to pick a fight.

Cubone tried to spin in a circle to follow Commodore, but just got dizzy and fell onto his backside. He didn't seem upset by the fall, just kept trying to watch Commodore go around and round.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark nodded. "Well don't say I didn't warn you." Mark said. He opened up his Pokeball and let Able out of her Pokeball. She quickly zipped around the forest to get used to her surroundings and looked at the two trainers. She knew that she had this training exercise that she still needed to do... she had to listen to Mark no matter what. She had a feeling she would hate it and for that Ninjask's sake, he had better have been right.

"This here is Able. Fastest Pokemon on my team and probobly the Fastest Pokemon in the world." Mark said with a grin. Able quickly flew up to Sammy's face and stared her down. She then quickly flew around the girl and observed her a moment. She didn't have an opinion on her just yet... but so far she looked alright. He glanced over the Mark and looked at the other Pokemon. Able flew over to Commodore.

"Is Mark trying to be a showoff again? He's trying way too hard to impress people." Able asked Commodore. The program Pokemon simply nodded. He didn't mind it really. Mark could do whatever he liked. If he wanted to impress other trainers then so be it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

Sammy leaned back a little as Able flew right up to her face, the speed the Pokemon approached her at was what caused her to move more than anything. Mark wasn't kidding around about her speed, that was for sure! "Faster than any Pokemon I have by a long way, I can tell you that."

Cubone was now trying to follow both Commodore's movements and Able's, which was just impossible. Keeping track of all the movement seemed to be distressing the young Pokemon, so Sammy held out his pokeball.

"Come on buddy, time for a rest. You've been fantastic." She recalled the Cubone, clipping his pokeball back onto her belt. "Well, I've only got one Pokemon you haven't met yet. Feel like saying hello?" She asked Mark. Hopefully Corphish would behave himself at least a little bit, but there was never a guarantee with him.​

Megaman765

Years
Mark smiled and nodded. "Sure! I'd love to! Lets see who you got!" Mark said. He was curious of what Sammy's team was like. He could throw more pointers that way. The two of them were learning an awful lot today! Heck Sammy was turning out to be a really cool friend too. She was cute on top of that... but Mark didn't let something like that get in his head. He already had a really bad experience with a girl earlier. No need to throw that on someone he just met.

Able was still zipping around the forest, eventually flying up to Snype. "Hey! Gremlin dude! What are we doing out here?" Able asked.

Snype grined. "It's Snype. Mark gathered a bit more berries and now we're just chatting it up with a friend we just met." He said. Able gave off a groan.

"Ugh... boring! I wanna fight something... but I'm not supposed to! This training is supposed to help me connect with my trainer more... maaannn... if that Ninjask wasn't as cool as he was I'd have ignored him..." She continued.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Samantha Felicity Cooper

"Alright then, come on out Corphish." Sammy unclipped Corphish's pokeball from her belt and released the red and white crustacean. He took a look around the clearing, narrowing his eyes at Commodore, Able, Snype and Mark. He snapped his claws at them as a warning before he backed up, placing himself in front of Sammy.

"Corphish, don't be rude. It takes him a little while to warm up to new people or Pokemon..."
"Back off, back off, y'hear me? I got my eye on yah, got both my eyes, on the lot of yah, the lot of yah y'hear me? Don't be messin' with The Coop, don't be messin', I'm tellin' yah!"
Sammy watched her Pokemon let out a string of "Corphish Cor's" with a degree of suspicion. "I hope he's being nice. I don't think he is, but I hope it..."

Back