• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

find her yet? ✜ HOMESTUCK fanclub

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I guess I can't hate on Vriska after all. She's probably the best character. I might regret saying this at some point. Not that I like her the most, but she's just a great character.

Rose carrying Roxy might be the cutest thing ever. Mother daughter feels.

Also heart powers, whoa. Pretty much what I expected them to do, but I thought he would use them on Jane or Jade first. So the ghost selves are really the souls?

I'm not spoiling this because it's been a day since the update happened :D at least it looks that way on my computer.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I feel so confused reading updates these days. Things are just so messy. Maybe Homestuck was always like that though? I read most of it (acts 1-5) from the archive so maybe things didn't seem as messed up because of that.

Crystalanachrony

ℱ a e r i e . ℚ u e e n
Years
Gigapause... ;~;

Actually I've been having the same issue as Rika, it does feel like Homestuck has gotten massively disjointed and the quality of the writing has gone way down. Then again, I'm also not a fan of the periodic-updates plan, so maybe reading the whole thing over again will make it mesh nicer in my head.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ah, well. As long as he actually makes a decent number of pages in the end and doesn't hurry the last acts and subacts unnecessarily. And also I really want the last flash to be special in the likes of Cascade. And the ending must be satisfactory. I loved the ending of Problem Sleuth, it was so nicely peaceful yet exciting. Please tell me you haven't lost your touch, Hussie.

For a topic, for those who feel like they have any idea about it, haha:
What music track would you want for an epic final flash? Extra: if Homestuck had rolling credits/epilogue, what music would you want there?

For me, I would love to see Another Chance as epilogue/credits music. That and Walk-Stab-Walk are two of my favorite tracks. That's not saying much though, as I have about 100 favorite tracks on that bandcamp, haha. Or Song of Skaia! It's a bit too beautiful and should rather be used in some kind of epilogue flash than for the actual credits roll imo.

And for the final showdown flash, Dogfight is a big too epic to never be used. Don't you agree? :D

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I'm totes expecting Song of Skaia to be there and a rendition of the Homestuck theme since the final HS should have the HS anthem... XD

I'm also expecting a real song cover like How Do I Live or I Don't Want to Miss a Thing to be there too.. and A RENDITION OF DOCTOR! IT'S IMPEREATIVE THAT THERE WOULD BE A DOCTOR RENDITION :3

I'm getting a funny feeling we are getting another album :33

Now, I'm getting a good feeling Huss would release the final acts and the ENDING on Christmas or the 5 Year Mark (aka 4/13/14) since those days are ample for Huss to complete everything and the occasions are perfect.... But I think Huss would more likely to end HS on the 5 Year Mark....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Half a year of gigapause. I don't think I'll live ;;

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Actually I've been having the same issue as Rika, it does feel like Homestuck has gotten massively disjointed and the quality of the writing has gone way down. Then again, I'm also not a fan of the periodic-updates plan, so maybe reading the whole thing over again will make it mesh nicer in my head.

This.

I think there isn't enough text anymore. Now it's dialogue-log based, and I guess that's whats bothered people. Like, back when it started, it was all about the narration. Now Homestuck has almost no narration, but that's probably because of periodic updating and trying to please the readers. Hence why Hussie would create a gigapause imo.

Ah, well. As long as he actually makes a decent number of pages in the end and doesn't hurry the last acts and subacts unnecessarily. And also I really want the last flash to be special in the likes of Cascade. And the ending must be satisfactory. I loved the ending of Problem Sleuth, it was so nicely peaceful yet exciting. Please tell me you haven't lost your touch, Hussie.

Did I just split a quote in half? Yes. Yes I did.

Anyways, if he commenced a gigapause, I expect him not to rush it. But I hope he isn't pressured by the fandom, either ;-;

For a topic, for those who feel like they have any idea about it, haha:
What music track would you want for an epic final flash? Extra: if Homestuck had rolling credits/epilogue, what music would you want there?

For me, I would love to see Another Chance as epilogue/credits music. That and Walk-Stab-Walk are two of my favorite tracks. That's not saying much though, as I have about 100 favorite tracks on that bandcamp, haha. Or Song of Skaia! It's a bit too beautiful and should rather be used in some kind of epilogue flash than for the actual credits roll imo.

And for the final showdown flash, Dogfight is a big too epic to never be used. Don't you agree? :D

Dogfight is one of my favorite songs from Vol. 9, to be honest. I love it so much but I rarely see it show up. So it makes me happy you mentioned it. The only thing I have against Dogfight is that it's a little short.

As for the flash's music, I'm expecting a medley of different music, as well as it having some of it's own. Another Chance I could see for credits/epilogue, but I could just as much see Song of Skaia as it as well. In fact, I'm really hoping Song of Skaia is being played at the end.

Personally, I'm rooting for anything that I like. Which is everything. So instead, maybe something from each act? A bit of Sburban, some Dogfight, who knows?

I'm also expecting a real song cover like How Do I Live or I Don't Want to Miss a Thing to be there too.. and A RENDITION OF DOCTOR! IT'S IMPEREATIVE THAT THERE WOULD BE A DOCTOR RENDITION :3

I'm getting a funny feeling we are getting another album :33

REALSONGCOVERSAMG. Maybe. I dunno, really; I haven't listened to many things that I see likely to fall into Homestuck lately. And I'd be surprised if there wasn't a rendition of Doctor.

Considering that we are supposed to be getting a lot of stuff in WhatPumpkin this fall, I'm pretty sure a new album would be one of them.

On another note, I need to mess around with this talk-sprite a bit more.

arachnidsGrip

♥ lalalalove you~
Years
arachnidsGrip [AG] began trolling The Homestuck Fanclub

AG: oh my gooooooood you guys
AG: stop 8eing such cry8a8ies on the gigapause and start reminiscing
AG: we should like do something while we w8 for the final upd8
AG: like a pir8 hunt or something
AG: ::::)
AG: arrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Haha, true, that's the spirit! Hey, maybe we could do a reread of all the acts together? Like, starting tomorrow we have one week to read Act 1 + Act 2 (because they are rather short, but we want to give people time to not just rush through it) and we could discuss characters and individual panels or scenes or chatlogs as we go. And nobody can rush ahead and begin the next act before the appropriate week! Because that ruins the fun ^^

Who's in? :3

Also, I think I'll revamp the sign up sheet and member list of this club a bit. We should all get unique (more or less) chumhandles! State your preferred chumhandle in a post and I'll add it to the list :D

Hmpf, I still have to log in on the other account to edit the first post... What a bother, haha.

Salzorrah

Years
ooooo you can name me classyArachnid coz thats my handle on twitter x3

speaking of which, today is my wriggling day <3 and about the reread, i *might* not do it coz sem break is almost over for us and i wouldnt have the time BUT i will try to catch up ;3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well one or two weeks is pretty long time for the short first acts you know :3 I'll add your chumhandle though! Also ooh your wriggling day? *scuttles over to profile*

Salzorrah

Years
anyways, we should have a new topic:

What was your favorite Homestuck memory?

and btw, i got to john and dave's 1st pesterlog ;3 on the reread x3

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@Rika. Hmm... Reread the whole thing? I can do that if I'm not lazing around.
Problem is I'm ALWAYS lazing around xD I will try to, nonetheless :P

Oh, and chum handles, yes, it makes things funnier if we call each other them instead of names/usernames :D Maybe we could even type as if we were doing a pester log (or memo, if you'd like to see it that way) because yes :DD

Anyways, I'd like to be listed as SpicyTaco [ST] :3

I remember the death of Rose's Mom and Dave's dad. Even though the scene itself could not be considered as touching as several others, I did get a huge liking of simple fedora-loving Dad Egbert and charming alcoholic Mom Lalonde, so seeing them die was like, feeling-breaking for me :<

Oh, and Vriska's looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong confessions to John after killing Tavros? Yeah, that made me feel empathy for her... slightly, I can't really relate with someone who feeds a spider lusus with other trolls that well xD

And, well, Cascade is a major one. Like, hot damn, so many things happened that one time. The peregrine mendicant, Jade ascending to God Tier, breaking the friggin fourth wall and omg. Then there's Lord English's arrival, which left me all :OOOOOOOOOOOOO And also, the page hosted in new grounds and just everything about the flash animation.

Such amaze. Such feels. Wow.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
When I feel like logging in on RHCP, I'll add your chumhandles, mates :p

My favorite Homestuck memory, hmmm.... What comes to mind is when I first reached the beginning of Act 2 and got to run around with John and realized that Homestuck was much bigger and cooler than I thought. I actually thought at first that Homestuck was really a game and that the comic up until then had just been the prologue xD And the beginning of Act 4. Gosh, I love Act 4. Act 4 is amazing.

Also when Lord English came out in Begin Intermission 2. So creepy. Heard that HOOONK late at night and was seriously freaked out.

Funny thing is that I don't remember Wake at all from the first readthrough. I must have missed it for some reason, because I never understood how Aradia's ascension and stuff worked until I reread it xD

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years

This isn't my favorite, but one that sticks out in my mind is when troll romantics were explained. Because ohmygod that was complicated.

But my favorite was probably Cascade, as well as when John first entered the game. Because how couldn't you love Cascade? It was put on an obscure hour to prevent Newgrounds from going down, and it still KO'd it. And it was 14 minutes of pure awesome. And John entering the game was amazing.

Then Unite Synchronization was pretty good... and I still remember this too well: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002022

And, "Yeah, this is a pretty s**ty disguise."

And... there's too much to remember! ;-;

Nyeh, I'm in for a reread. But I'll probably do it on my weekends. As for chum handles... I'd like to be listed as immaculateTypist [IT] s'il vous plait. Ignore the irony of the initials, it just happened to come out that way. xD

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years

When Nepeta was introduced. T_T All of my love by Led Zepplin. I want to reread that whole entire page where she's introduced. I miss Nepeta omg. T_T

Salzorrah

Years

The quadrant lecture. Nothing gets better than that <3

Also, I loved how Nepeta is sooo making KatNep a thing <3

And that short JohnVris and Tavris kerfuffle~

Back