• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Games of your Childhood?

Years
My childhood was built on Mario and Pokemon games; I played Pokemon hours on end, Mario was every other day kinda thing but I loved them both and I still play them.

I remember I played Pokemon like every car journey no matter where we went.

MelchiorFlyer

Flygon
Years
I grew up playing Crash Bandicoot. I also remember Twisted Metal, Spyro, and Crash Team Racing. When I was eight, I finally got my DS Lite. My very first game ever was Pokemon Mystrey Dungeons: Explorers of Time.

Last edited:

-

Call me Dash.
Years
Call me less oldschool, but the PSX was my first console, never had a PS2. I still have my original GameCube too, that was my favorite system. I was PC-trained with Age of Empires (1), Zoo Tycoon and Sim City. Those are the only ones I vividly remember (And still have/play). For GameCube The Sims was definitely my favorite as well as Pokemon spinoff games, Need for Speed Most Wanted(the original), Super Monkey Ball, and Medal of Honor (Rising Sun and European Assult. Never cared for Frontline); and for PSX....we had SO many games. Among the top were Spyro, Harvest Moon (I think?), some Crash Bandicoot game(dun remember which one :/) and Star Wars Ep 1. My PSX memory eludes me...

Years
The first games we ever owned were Pajama Sam, Sonic 3, a few Need for Speed games, and (later) the first two Harry Potter games, all for the computer. I got my GBA when I was eight or so and had Pokemon Crystal, Super Mario Bros. 3, some racing game whose name I can't remember, Shrek 2, SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom, Mario Pinball Land, and a couple more. My first "real" system was the GameCube, and after a couple of years of owning it I wasn't really a kid anymore.

I also remember playing Pokemon Blue at my cousins' house and, even earlier than that, seeing PS1s in stores and asking my dad to get us one but him refusing. I do own a PS1 now but didn't until a few years ago.

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Hmm...I was a much huger gamer as a kid than I am now. XD But I miss playing them...fun times.
N64: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario 64, Golden Eye, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, Yoshi's Story (I'm pretty sure that's what it was called...), Star Fox, and lots more that I can't remember at the moment. XD
GameCube: Super Smash Bros: Melee, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario, Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, Lego Star Wars...
PS1: Crash Bandicoot racing, or something like that. XD
PS2: Medal of Honor, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, Star Wars: BattleFront 1 and 2, and more that I can't recall. :P
Xbox: Crash Bandicoot series, some Star Wars game that I can't remember, and many many more. XD

Yeah...I played more games than I should have. XD

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Pokemon Snap! I tried playing it on the computer recently because I pawned my N64, but it's not the same without the hand-held controller. heh

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
One of my childhood games are:
(NES) Pocket Monsters (a bootleg one), Tetris, Track and Field
(PS1) Beyblade, Crash Team Racing, Digimon series, Evil Zone, One Piece Grand Battle 1 & 2, Power Rangers series (Gaorangers and Hurricanegers included), Pro Evolution Soccer (back then it was Winning Eleven in my area), and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4.
(N64) Pokémon Stadium 2, Super Smash Bros.
(GBA) Crash Nitro Kart, Kirby series, Pokémon series, Power Rangers series.

Last edited:

pokemanmdj

Random Passerby
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I usually stuck around Nintendo in my childhood (Basically a Gameboy and Nintendo 64). There was Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Yellow, Metroid, Starfox 64, Pokemon Snap and a whole ton more.

Oh, anyone remember Glover or Hey You, Pikachu for the N64? Freaking loved those 2 games.

I shared a PSone with my brother, and we'd play Final Fantasy, Spyro, MegaMan and Castlevania on it.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Games of my childhood... well, I have many, but I'll pick just a few which I most appreciate and like:

- Spyro: If I had to choose only one game, it would be Spyro. I spent days and days playing it! I remember that I started playing the second game (Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage) and I think it's the one I played the most. Then I tried "Spyro the Dragon" (the first one) and finally "Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon". 2 and 3 were my favs, though the first game was amazing too. In fact, I played again Spyro 2 (just to remember my childhood) two years ago and I liked it even more. It was lots of fun!

Spoiler:

- Crash: I played lots of Crash games: Crash Bandicoot 2 (don't know why I always started playing second games on PSX :P), Crash Bash and the one I liked the most, Crash Team Racing (CTR). I spent hours playing CTR with my friends and cousins.

Spoiler:

- Donkey Kong Country: It was the first game I got when I was bought a Game Boy Color. Maybe it's because it was my first game that I like it so much, anyway, I still think its BSO was amazing.

Spoiler:

And those are the games that if I were asked to play them again, I would never refuse to.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Legend of Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Tales, Xenogears, Elder Scrolls, etc...

I essentially played everything while home ill.

Years
For me, it was mostly the PSX, N64 and Dreamcast, I played SNES only a little bit since my uncle owned it.

PS1: Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 7, Papparapa the Rapper and Croc
N64: Mario games, Zelda Games, WWF attitude, Kinda generic well know N64 games
Dreamcast: Sonic games and Jet Set Radio.

Of course there are more, just can't think of them right now

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
The first actual console I had was a Nintendo 64 and I probably spent more time playing Donkey Kong 64 than anything else. I also had Banjo-Kazooie, but I couldn't bring myself to beat it after I played Banjo-Tooie because it just paled in comparison.

Come to think of it, I had a copy of Wario Land and I don't remember what happened to it.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
SimTower, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Starcraft 1, and Diablo 2 were probably the games that sucked the most time out of my childhood. Each of them is fantastic in its own special way.

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Final Fantasy: Tactics, Tactics Advance, 9 (never finished to this day), X, X-2, 12 (it's not that old, but it was the last game I purchased and I have yet to finish it)
Pokemon: Red, lost Blue, Yellow, Gold, Crystal, Sapphire was the last cartridge I ever bought, Snap, sold Hey You Pikachu, Stadium 2
Zelda OoT
Evil Zone, Bust a Groove 1 + 2 (borrowed from a cousin but now play on emulator), Soul Caliber 2, Legend of Mana, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, Crash Bandicoot Warped (gotta emulate it now, but controls via keyboard is ebdrbcechbdb), Shadow of Destiny, Sims in the City...

In short, I like games where it's more or less open and I can choose what I want to do even if the end result isn't all that different (i.e., I can make my team the way I want, choose the fighter I want, go to this or that world, etc.). Nothing brain numbingly linear where I have no choice in customization.

Years
For me it was Jak and Daxter, gran torismo 3 and 4, zoo tycoon, and tomb raider. I still play Jak and Daxter on the ps3 with the HD collection. I also played ratchet and clank deadlocked.

Sir Codin

A lot of old DOS games were games of my childhood, like Jazz Jackrabbit, One Must Fall, Tyrian, stuff like that.

I also grew up with Pokemon and Legend of Zelda, with OoT and Gold/Silver being my childhood favorites.

There's also another DOS game I played in my youth that if any here has heard of, I will instantly think you are awesome:

The_Dig_artwork.jpg

BEST. POINT-AND-CLICK ADVENTURE GAME. EVER.
And an AMAZING soundtrack to boot.

That intro doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

The game's available on Steam and D2D, so as far as I'm concerned you have no reason to not get it.

Last edited:

Gzomyndzor

Nature/Egg Move/IV Breeder
Years
Super Mario World on the SNES! My favourite game of all time :D Played it since I was like 6, love it so much and still provides a challenge for me today (star road).

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Spoiler:

The first game I can ever remember playing when I was about six (yep). Duke Nukem Forever was boring and bad but this one was WAY better.
My favourite level was and still is a tie between Babe Land and Duke Burger.

Back