• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Adventurers in Training - D&D: Icewind Dale [OOC/SU][T]

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
SU has been updated and is now finished.

And most of the time when I played D&D, we just rolled a d20 and dealt with the numbers we got. Usually had two re-rolls. I may fiddle with her stats a bit and boost intelligence and/or wisdom. I have to see what would make sense given her history.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
SU has been updated and is now finished.

And most of the time when I played D&D, we just rolled a d20 and dealt with the numbers we got. Usually had two re-rolls. I may fiddle with her stats a bit and boost intelligence and/or wisdom. I have to see what would make sense given her history.

Ah, yeah, I think Icewind Dale used a 3D6 base for stats rather than a D20. And then you just had as many re-rolls as your sense of boredom could take, which is kind of cheaty, but eh. I think there were minimum and maximum rolls, though, I think around 75 to 95.

Considering that stats are a background thing (and not really kept track of), I'll allow you level 6, because of the history of mercenary work - no further than that though. BG1 had slow levelling, admittedly, but that capped at around level 8, and you could probably finish the main story by level 5. +1s are common enough, so I'll allow that for your weapon.

Looks like there are a few little oopsies in there, like one word in a sentence randomly missed out, but it's a minor error, and I can see that you can write well otherwise, so you are Accepted.

Also, I don't mind anyone fiddling with their stats at all, so long as the total doesn't exceed 90. By all means, fiddle away.

@heretostay123 - Heheh, I don't do faces :P Tel just wants to be ever-ready and is frankly a little shy, Turnip is just lazy, and if his modern/IRL form (i.e. sig Turnip) is taken, then he's unable to actually take his helmet off. Tel actually has a face, though, and will lift his visor from time to time. He's been the victim of enough random bandit attacks to know the benefit of living in your equipment.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Sweet. Glad to be accepted. Yeah, for the history, I was copy/pasting from an older history and was converting it real quick last night when I went on a RP binge. So errors were bound to happen. Thanks though xD

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
@Raikiri - Totally understandable :) You're very welcome, glad to have you.

@heretostay123

I believe I've finished. Could you check it out for me?

As a side note, I apologize for the history. I rushed it a bit.

Pshhh, check your SU? Why would I do that? GMs don't need to check SUs - they just look, and they know. Oh, wait, it just occurred to me that that's ENTIRELY BLOODY WRONG. Checking :P

he donned a short bow, some light leather armor, and a short bow.

Uhhh... dual-wielding short bows, or something? Heheh - yeah, there are a few silly errors like that around, I'd appreciate it if you just had a look through and fixed the little things. Proofreading's a valuable skill. Also, your history could probably do with a bit of fleshing out - I mean, does he know why he was the only person in his village who didn't get taken? Does he wonder about it, at all - or, hell, does he just not really think about it enough? Does he perhaps have a particular dislike of spiders, now, considering what happened? It just seems like it happened and he moved on, though there's no real confirmation on that. Apart from that, you're pretty much there. Just a little bit of fleshing out, and Vash is good to go.

Also, with the spider hate thing - considering that the games have you implement a Racial Enemy for Ranger classes (i.e. a kind of monster you do double-damage against) it's actually pretty appropriate XD
Of course, it won't be calculated, but it can be taken into effect somewhat. But yeah, just some moderate fleshing out and you're there ^^

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
...I don't suppose you could dual wield bows? There must be SOME way to do that...Perhaps notching it with feet? xD I just noticed that. I'll flesh it out. I'll let you know when I'm finished :)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
I've added things. And removed things. Most of which is based off of your earlier evaluation. But change has occurred. Change is a good thing, you know ;)

Didn't actually think that was possible xD Can I please do a Dodecaarrow storm?

Eyyyyy, you're Accepted! Welcome to the RP, your majesty, king of the glorious page 2.

As for Dodecarrow storm, Vash would need to have a Dexterity stat of 25 to hold the bows and a Strength stat of 25 for his neck to cope :S

But yeah, with 4 characters now in the mix, I'ma go ahead and submit the IC thread in a bit.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Lo and behold, guys, the IC thread HAS ARRIVED!

Posting there can begin pretty much whenever, though it might be a little more courteous to wait a little in case others want to get their SUs done before it begins. I personally have no problems with it, though.

Just for reference, everyone's in present day Winter's Cradle in Easthaven - though you can include a little of Easthaven tourism before coming into the tavern if you wish. Just for reference, the conversation in the INTRODUCTION section of the main post is what took place as soon as the Adventurers in Training gathered. Or, you know, you can be late if you feel like it. Whatever. Other players who are late to sign-up are late to that introduction as well - Demevir will simply put them into the simulation as they are.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Yeah, sorry. Things have been crazy and I have only been able to post in the one RP that I am GMing because I have help. I will try to get a post up in the next few days if I can find the time. Graduate school is starting up again too. It'll be difficult, but I have a rough idea of a post in my head at least.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
As an avid and still-active D&D player (3.5, only pringuses play 4e I mean what), I'm just dropping by to say hi - I'd be tempted to join if it were based on 3.x, but iirc Icewind Dale is based on 2e AD&D (a cool ruleset that I've never actually played with). FR games are always fun and pretty great, though; enjoy!

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
As an avid and still-active D&D player (3.5, only pringuses play 4e I mean what), I'm just dropping by to say hi - I'd be tempted to join if it were based on 3.x, but iirc Icewind Dale is based on 2e AD&D (a cool ruleset that I've never actually played with). FR games are always fun and pretty great, though; enjoy!

I'm pretty sure IWD did run on 2e AD&D, yeah. Strictly speaking, though, this RP doesn't run on a specific ruleset at all. Certain stats are used as a medium to describe the characters, but in terms of the actual RPing it's all just prose - no rolling, rules and the like. Some of the restrictions are there, but in general I try to be lax about them. So it's not 3.x, but it's not anything else either. :)

Back