• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2010
It would be more impressive if I couldn't tell that you cheated :P
For example, two of your Pokémon know Return, which is unobtainable in 1.0 and 1.1. Nice job on finding the bugs, though :)

Haha, I taught them Return to test if 'Happiness' was implemented in the game. I wanted to make sure Happiness was programmed so I wouldn't waste time/money evolving Budew and Rhydon. :P

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
If you read the guide I made (will be working on that after I do some work on my English midterm) you'd find out there's a lady who can tell you your happiness in Daystraits Port .

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Just translated the braille screenie into this

Spoiler:

Bolded what I thought was wrong, and pretty certain I translated right :D
Looks good, not had much time to play the original so I figure I'll wait for EX to be released to play :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
okay as Raptor EX will be out sometime soon and i haven't made any advance on my walkthrough, should I wait till Raptor EX comes out and restart the walkthrough so I can get anything that's changed, or should I continue it?
The main game is the same; the only difference is the Arceus event.
Haha, I taught them Return to test if 'Happiness' was implemented in the game. I wanted to make sure Happiness was programmed so I wouldn't waste time/money evolving Budew and Rhydon. :P
Others of your Pokémon know unobtainable TMs, too :P
i just want to ask is EX going to be an update or a completly new game??
It's an update to Raptor, with several new features and areas.
Just translated the braille screenie into this

Spoiler:

Bolded what I thought was wrong, and pretty certain I translated right :D
Looks good, not had much time to play the original so I figure I'll wait for EX to be released to play :)
You're right, the last word has a mistake in it. However, the other 'mistake' is the correct symbol; are you sure you translated it correctly?
Wait..is raptor ex the diff version from raptor ?
As I said above, EX is an upgraded version of Raptor, with new areas and features.

I just want to warn you that due to a lot of changes being made to the systems of the game, save files from 1.0 and 1.1 won't be compatible with EX. However, I'm working on a feature that lets you import your Pokémon from the old versions. Here's a chance for you to have a say in the production of EX: where/when should this take place, and what conditions should be met for the save file to be able to be imported?
The options for when you can import are:
When you start a new game in EX / somewhere in-game / after you finish the story
And the conditions in the original file:
No special conditions / finished the story / defeated Gaia Wings again

Finally, should the Pokémon replace the ones you have in EX, or be added to the boxes?

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
You're right, the last word has a mistake in it. However, the other 'mistake' is the correct symbol; are you sure you translated it correctly?

Yeh pretty certain, I used this image and just checked it against the other below it;
http://www.dblnj.org/images/braille_chart2.gif
http://www.quido.cz/objevy/Braille.gif

So an S should be

oo
oo
oo

From what I see you've done

oo
oo
oo

Your image so you dont have to look for it;
exscreen4.png

Perhaps you could make lvl limits
Say when you beat the 1st Gym, you can transfer Pokémon up to lvl 10 over, raise the limit by 10 every Gym and lift Limit totally after beating E4.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeh pretty certain, I used this image and just checked it against the other below it;
http://www.dblnj.org/images/braille_chart2.gif
http://www.quido.cz/objevy/Braille.gif

So an S should be

oo
oo
oo

From what I see you've done

oo
oo
oo

Your image so you dont have to look for it;
exscreen4.png

Perhaps you could make lvl limits
Say when you beat the 1st Gym, you can transfer Pokémon up to lvl 10 over, raise the limit by 10 every Gym and lift Limit totally after beating E4.

That's a pretty good idea. It might be quite complex to code, but I think it's possible.

The charts you're using don't include punctuation other than full stops, which would explain why you think that's an error ;)

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
okay if you have to replay everything anyway, i'll just finish the walkthrough so everyone can use that to go through the game if they need any help, then just amend it for EX.

Anyways my vote is for after you become a member of GAIA WINGS, that way you can explain it as a perk of being a GAIA WINGS member, and they should go into the PC.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
okay everyone the 50 page Raptor Walk-through is Finished it's attached bellow. If anyone wants to create a list of legendary locations and PM me them I'll add them to the guide.

The guide follows the journey from the start to finish and includes everything from trainers, to wild Pokemon.

If someone who cheats (looks at the files via vista) sends me a wild Pokemon list I'll add those to the guide as well.

I'm also going to say that I beat the entire game pretty much with just my starting Pokemon (minus HM Pokemon, and shield Pokemon so i could use revives).

Total time spent playing the game to finish this around 36 hours.

I will add more for EX version though so look forward to that.

Years
I just want to warn you that due to a lot of changes being made to the systems of the game, save files from 1.0 and 1.1 won't be compatible with EX. However, I'm working on a feature that lets you import your Pokémon from the old versions. Here's a chance for you to have a say in the production of EX: where/when should this take place, and what conditions should be met for the save file to be able to be imported?
The options for when you can import are:
When you start a new game in EX / somewhere in-game / after you finish the story
And the conditions in the original file:
No special conditions / finished the story / defeated Gaia Wings again

Finally, should the Pokémon replace the ones you have in EX, or be added to the boxes?

What about making it similar to Pokemon DPP, Pal Park I mean. So you would have to defeat the E4, then you will get access to Pokemon Raptors own version of Pal Park. You don't have to necessarily catch the Pokemon because that would probably be a bit hard to script, but just have an NPC that looks for the save file then asks if you would like to transfer the Pokemon from that save file into your Boxes.
Heck, that could probably be used for other fan Games that don't have fakemon as well. With the owners of such fan games permission of course.

Another idea to add. How about making the NPC search for a folder called "Save" then the NPC can list the Saves in that folder and you can select which save you would like to transfer Pokemon from. Idk how hard that would be to script though >.>. But knowing you Wichu, you could probably figure something out.

Edit: I was thinking after the first gym or second as for the conditions in the save file your transferring from, but idk how that would work IF you could transfer from other fan games.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
I agree with Soul.//Sillver.
That's a good idea of having the idea of Pal Park.

Btw, updated the thread, more HoF added.
There is only 1 more slot.

Added Monkeyboi's walkthrough.
I'm glad wichu is having a great progress on EX.
Hopefully it can be done soon~

qtraven666

Pokémon Raptor EX:Supporter
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
why do all the attaks look like fire balls? are they supposed to?

Last edited:

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
Years
i'm having problems downloading the game.
When i go to the 2shared site i dont know how to download it.

EDIT: never mind. stupid download button is so small.. Are there going to be any major editions to raptor EX? or is it going to be like platinum for d/p? oh and theres a minor error in 1.1 When talking to professor oak for the first time hes like "young man" even if you choose the girl. also the honey trees say "it is special compare to other trees instead of compare

Last edited:

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
I was just playing, and I battled an old man just south of Duskduke Town when he sent out a Nuzleaf, and the sprite looked wrong. Is it supposed to be like this?

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I was just playing, and I battled an old man just south of Duskduke Town when he sent out a Nuzleaf, and the sprite looked wrong. Is it supposed to be like this?

Yes, that means the Pokemon is Shiny

Back