• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ooh... might wanna get a Burn Heal for that!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I've scolded my tongue a couple of times from rushing with coffee. Aside from that, only thing that comes to mind is a moment when I was around 5 and touched an iron while it was plug in. Genius move on my part.

I also burned part of the carpet away in my old house, but that's a different story.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I once burned my arm while I spilled a cup of tea on it that was very hot. The burn is long healed at this point and wasnt that bad, but the spot has a mark so I rememer where it is. Nothing too major though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A couple of weeks ago, I was cooking lasagna for dinner...and being so clumsy myself, I opened the aluminum covering and the vapor from the lasagna quickly reached my hand and it felt like I've dipped my hand in a bowl of boiling hot water. It hurt like oh mah gawd. I didn't had an ice pack at the time, so I used a frozen ground beef pack to cool the burn. >_>

Years
I work at a pizza place, so I've burned myself multiple times there. It's usually the oven, but one of my first burns there was from a heat lamp. The steamer we have is also super hot, I could probably hurt myself with that too.

Sometimes I burn myself at home, too, on the stove. There's a healing scar on my middle finger of my right hand from where I hit a rack in the oven. I'm clumsy so it wasn't a surprise.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When I was living in the US, I burned my finger when I touched the inside of a toaster oven. The skin just below the fingernail peeled off and bled and I had to use a band-aid for a few weeks.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I've burnt myself a few times throughout my life for sure. The one I remember the most clearly was grabbing my desk lamp and burning the whole of my hand due to the accumulate heat of the light/bulb. Standing in front of my kitchen sink running icy cold water on it for about half an hour was quite annoying, but it soothed the pain nonetheless! :D

Years
I remember getting sunburned a lot. It really hurts and I often have to run cold water over myself, which is not fun given I have fair skin.

Also, I remember burning myself with a light bulb when I was younger.

Z_Z

Zzz
Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2012
In highschool doing metalwork. I just welded 2 pieces of metal together and then tried to pick it up with my hands*. Pretty much melted my skin. Looks more like a deep cut than a burn until it blistered over.

*lol. the reason I picked it up was to take it over to the water sink to cool it down. Why did it need cooling down if I thought it was OK to grab? Guess I wasn't thinking haha

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Not often that it happens to me, but last bonfire night I got hit by a firework when one went wrong. My dad kept going on that it could of hit his grandson(which it didn't). It hit me and ruined my jacket.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I get burnt pretty often cause I can be pretty clumsy at times though it's usually just small burns that heal after several hours or a day or two. Just recently I was helping my dad cook french fries and some of the oil splashed on my hand by accident.
My worst causes of sunburn happened when I was around 14 or 15. My family went the pool one day and I thought I'd lay out in the sun a bit and tan. I completely forgot sunscreen and got blisters all over my back and arms for weeks , some pretty big too. Hurt like heck to sleep on.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Only once I remember getting really burned. Back when I was around 11 years old. I warmed up a Rice-Crispy treat in the microwave, a little too long, when I was about to bite it a chunk fell off, and one portion landed on my right lower part of my lip. Grandma said I got a blister

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
When I was seven years old, I decided to test whether lightbulbs were hot. Turns out, lightbulbs are hot :P

Years
Yeh, I have been burnt many times but nothing too serious; just things from cigarette ash (back in the day) to picking up hot pants or oven burns.​

Years
Hm the only time I remember being burned really badly was 5 years ago or so when I burnt my hand badly on a toaster oven and got a huge blister. Other times I get burned are from picking up/eating hot food, hot glue gun burns, oven burns etc.

Years
My mother burned me with a cigarette once. Not like in a child abuse kind of way. It was an accident, but it was on the back of my hand where people could see it so I'm sure people wondered.

Oh! and once on the Fourth of July I was playing with a sparkler and a spark landed on my head and burned part of my scalp and hair. That one hurt a lot. Burning hair smells really bad, too.

Years
My mother burned me with a cigarette once. Not like in a child abuse kind of way. It was an accident, but it was on the back of my hand where people could see it so I'm sure people wondered.

One of the only two times I can remember being burnt was when this exact same situation happened to me (also on the back of my hand).

The other time was actually earlier this year, when I was boiling water on the stove, and it started over flowing and spat up at my arm. I turned the element off right away and ran my arm under cold water for a good 20 minutes or so. Luckily it didn't leave any permanent marks, but it did hurt pretty bad for nearly a week.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I've scalded my tongue countless times, but the main burn was when I was using hot oil for cooking and spilled it all over my hands - that hurt like hell ;; It didn't leave much of a scar which was incredibly lucky, some of my fingers are a little odd as a result though haha.

Back