• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Lol, me being rude? Yeah, maybe I was, but it's only because you yourself was being rude to people who can't seem to get the patch you linked working and even calling them ignorant people... :P

You want to know where those parts are... well, here they are, edit if you want but the Mods can still see through your edits...

Why the hell do you keep calling them ignorant people when the problem is not the patch you gave but rather something else that keeps freezing or crashing their ROMs and as much as they try to explain it, you still keep on insisting the Clean ROMs, hmm?
---

And wtf are you talking about when it comes to Action Replays? no$GBA has its own cheats window where you can put your AR codes on, and majority of the people who uses flashcarts will eventually set up the AR codes in their own carts, so you're still going to use them eventually.

Criticize eh? Well if you didn't seem so rude when it comes to answering people's complaints, you'd probably never gotten anything from me in the first place... and possibly the reason why no one posted that patch you gave is probably because the one that first came out works for people who already tried it, don't you agree?

Oh yeah, your PM to me was amusing, you thought I was having problems with my game when clearly I wasn't. Stop assuming something that isn't true, okay?

You can keep on talking but all im trying to do is help ok? now leave me alone! Im only trying to help these people, and sorry if im not very good at it but you keep on looking at the bad stuff and look at the good stuff, and your telling me off for accusing things! You didnt even check if the patches were the same, again im only trying to help. I guess ill call you ignorent as well! Now bug off im only trying to help, i was even seeing if you needed help, sorry if you didnt but i was just trying to be helpful... lets come back to assuming things shall we?
You want to know where those parts are... well, here they are, edit if you want but the Mods can still see through your edits...
Now your assuming things XD and yes your being rude "wtf"? im not swaring at you!
You can ask mod if ive done any edits... that will prove you wrong and lets put this over our shoulders and leave each toher alone, then we will both be happy!
Edit:
Here are the comfirmed emulators and flash acrts that work this the patches i posted!:
Confirmed working (not freezing) flashcarts:
Acekard 2/2i [AKAIO]
MMD
R4DS
EZFlash V/Vi
EDGE
M3 Sakura [Touchpod firmware? I don't know, I don't have an M3]
DSTT/i
CycloDS
--
NO$GBA [Go to options, then go to Emulation Setup. Change the NDS Cartridge Backup Media to either FLASH 512kbytes or EEPROM 64kbytes.]
YSMenu
I hope that helps you lot!

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
^ The guy above ya must have meant wrong thread. This is solely for the discussion of HGSS Emulation, not for other games. But if you're having problems with other games, its best to make a thread so that people can possibly help you from there... xD;
Coincidences are part of the fabrics of the universe.

Funny I should mention it, because that is just the thing I did.
However, you need to show posts longer that 2 days ago...
Also, an answer would be nice?

EcoReck

Just that guy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2015
PLG's Translation Links are outdated. Magius' Translations/Patches are much more efficient and do not freeze, and they are also more recently updated.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
o.o I don't think it's possible however, you can remove those Platinum items that you added by modifying them and deleting them?

Did you back up your save file just in case, cause if you didn't you're going to have a lot of problems there. Either you restart or wait for a new version of Pokesav for HGSS to come out. I actually only use Pokesav for editing the stats of my Pokemon and giving me those items that can either be sold or discarded... I don't like messing with the Key Items since that Pokesav uses the engine D/P/Pt originally uses... DX

Um... the problem is, I don't know how to delete them, and even if I do, I won't have any key items! That's even worse than having the Platinum ones. :x

I don't think I did, but I'll check (most probably not). I guess I'll have to wait, but it's not that bad. At least the 'universal' key items (like the Bicycle) work on HGSS.

Yeah, maybe that's why. I can't even edit Pokemon with the HGSS Pokesav, since it's all in some weird font that's not even Japanese. :( When I saw the 'All Key Items' option, I automatically assumed they meant all key items for HGSS, so I ticked it.

I want to complain. What a misleading option, especially since it's the HGSS Pokesav! Not even any warnings, or anything! >:0

Melxodier

Still thinking of a betta line
Years
Interesting Info

Hey, for all of you using flash-carts:

I have an EDGE. (They recently went out of production :( )
HeartGold and SoulSilver both work fine, you can save, battle Pokemon and Trainers and possible even complete the game, but it still will freeze!!

Examples:
Accessing the Menu*
After Battles*
Entering/Exiting Buildings*
Randomly as you walk*
After Talking to People*
etc.
* = Only Sometimes, not always.

I haven't tried to test them in an emulator though.
Also are we allowed to say where we got our roms from without actually linking to the roms?? If so I have a speedy little download for you...

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
You can keep on talking but all im trying to do is help ok? now leave me alone! Im only trying to help these people, and sorry if im not very good at it but you keep on looking at the bad stuff and look at the good stuff, and your telling me off for accusing things! You didnt even check if the patches were the same, again im only trying to help. I guess ill call you ignorent as well! Now bug off im only trying to help, i was even seeing if you needed help, sorry if you didnt but i was just trying to be helpful... lets come back to assuming things shall we?

Now your assuming things XD and yes your being rude "wtf"? im not swaring at you!
You can ask mod if ive done any edits... that will prove you wrong and lets put this over our shoulders and leave each toher alone, then we will both be happy!

Lawlz, I just find you amusing for even calling me "ignorent". Lawlz. Oh yeah, I knew it was a different version, so does it still matter? Besides, some people here say your "found" patches are too outdated now. Also, next time you want to insult someone or anyone for that matter, check your spellings first. Chances are, you'll just be laughed at and possibly trolled rather than left alone.

Um... the problem is, I don't know how to delete them, and even if I do, I won't have any key items! That's even worse than having the Platinum ones. :x

I don't think I did, but I'll check (most probably not). I guess I'll have to wait, but it's not that bad. At least the 'universal' key items (like the Bicycle) work on HGSS.

Yeah, maybe that's why. I can't even edit Pokemon with the HGSS Pokesav, since it's all in some weird font that's not even Japanese. :( When I saw the 'All Key Items' option, I automatically assumed they meant all key items for HGSS, so I ticked it.

I want to complain. What a misleading option, especially since it's the HGSS Pokesav! Not even any warnings, or anything! >:0

Now that's a problem there... DX I suppose it is best to wait for a new version... or start a new game and transfer all the Pokemon you already have in your current party into your new save (also, the HGSS Pokesav, my last use of it, can only edit your current Party Pokemon, the box edit option seems to be disabled)... but as for the Japanese fonts giving out weird symbols, maybe you should get AppLocale (you can Google it and run Pokesav from there, unless you're working on Vista, then you can just set your Regional and Languages option to Japanese, you can do this on XP but you need to restart, so it's a hassle) and install some Japanese fonts into your computer so you can see the Japanese text better... and so that it won't mess up your save file after you're done messing with the new save... xD;;

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
The issue (in case it hasn't been answered yet; I haven't read the whole thread) is that you have the sound on your emulator to "off", "mute", or something similar. 4th generation games depend on the sound to be produced for the game to proceed. I believe this was considered to be one of Nintendo's anti-piracy measures with Diamond/Pearl.
Holy crap dude, it worked. Thanks man. I had the sound turned off so no$gba will run better, so i just turned itt o the middle option, muted it cuz the sound is annoying when its running fast or running slow, and it worked! I ****ed up a pidgey for the first time, thanks to you :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Can there be a FAQ at the start post of this thread? . I wonder what the minimum requirements are to get a hgss rom running on at least 100% speed?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Avegaille:Wow, you realy suck. Yeah your realy clever, they are out dated now but people when i posted them they weren't out dated. Yeah well i may have a few spelling mistakes but seriously... in only 13 XD You can keep on arguing but i have no idea why? Plus i wasent trying to insult i was trying to point out the key points to my post... Plus you never knew it was a new version otherwise you wouldn't have made that stupid worthless post... As i keep on trying to point out, and your to stubborn to realise that, is that i was only trying to help alot of people who were having problems.... -.-"

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I know this has been answered, but when i go to save ma game it freezes, how do i go about fixing that?>

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Avegaille:Wow, you realy suck. Yeah your realy clever, they are out dated now but people when i posted them they weren't out dated. Yeah well i may have a few spelling mistakes but seriously... in only 13 XD You can keep on arguing but i have no idea why? Plus i wasent trying to insult i was trying to point out the key points to my post... Plus you never knew it was a new version otherwise you wouldn't have made that stupid worthless post... As i keep on trying to point out, and your to stubborn to realise that, is that i was only trying to help alot of people who were having problems.... -.-"

:P Really now? Then you suck even more for even bothering arguing with me. :) So what if you're 13... you know what, an eleven-year-old can spell even better than you, and what's even worse, they don't even live in the US and English is their second language. How about that?

And I like to argue, because you plainly keep on insulting without you even realizing it. It just makes me laugh that you can't swallow you own pride and admit that you were wrong on some parts. Yes, I did made some mistakes here and there... does that make you happy? :) How about you, who just keeps on telling people they suck because you think you're so damn better than everyone else... hmm?

If you're really helping them, then you shouldn't really call them stupid or ignorant, now would you? Instead, you will be patient in helping them, asking them questions on what their problem is, so that other people viewing this thread can jump in and help, even if you didn't make that damn patch you were directing to.

If you want me to stop, then I suggest you stop insulting people, and if you do insult them, make sure it's worth reading and not worth laughing at, okay?

---

Editman: I need to know the following before I can help you with your problem, dude:
- What patch are you using, if any? If none, you should try looking for Magius' patch in the Progressive Hacks section.
- The emulator you're using (if it's NO$GBA, what version)?

If you can go mess around your emulator settings, try changing the save type to 512KB... that might help.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
I have Xenophobia's Pokemon heart Gold and Soul Silver, however when i patch both games the image doesn't come up, The game just crashes. I don't really care for The translation I justr want it to save. I tried the patch avegaille, but it didn't work. I'm going to download the newest NO$gba, and see if that works.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
I have Xenophobia's Pokemon heart Gold and Soul Silver, however when i patch both games the image doesn't come up, The game just crashes. I don't really care for The translation I justr want it to save. I tried the patch avegaille, but it didn't work. I'm going to download the newest NO$gba, and see if that works.

Yep, you should get the latest, which is 2.6a, though you have to google it since the main site itself asks for donation to get the program... which btw, I heard the donation thing isn't working...

So how exactly did you do the patch...?

There were two methods in Maguis/KazoWAR's patch, if I recall correctly, if you can't run the program itself, you could use the alternative batch method included in the rar/zip file which uses the good old Command Prompt to execute it, have you tried editing that .bat file in notepad (also, I recommend renaming and shortening the file name of the clean rom to at least 7 letters just in case)?

Maybe more details on how you tried doing the patch... and we might figure out how to work it for ya... (also, back-up that Xenophobia rom you downloaded, make sure it's untouched so you can experiment with the patch until it works...)

DoodleZ

Wild Trainer Appeared!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 13, 2015
I followed the instructions on both patchers but... i get nothing. with the batch one, i follow everything and a temp folder shows up... but the moment the black screen closes, telling me patching is complete, the folder disappears and leaves nothing ... no patched rom nothing... the gui one just does nothing at all... i load the patch file and the rom file... the clean one and when i hit apply patch it just doesnt react

I'll be happy for some help

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
For everyone trying to play HG/SS on No$GBA:

Save yourself a headache by deleting the roms and all the stuff for it off of your computer. Seriously, the game will not let you save your game/load a save past Ecruteak after beating Morty and from all the searching I've done for any possible fix for this I've found nothing. So that's it, just save up some money for the actual games and bear with the lack of a speed up tool.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Ugh. For some reason, the game keeps crashing on me when I put my DS in Sleep Mode. I'm in Kanto right now, and I have patched my game. Is there a new patch available to stop this? Because after I beat Sabrina and went to Cerulean, the game crashed when I closed my DS. DD: And I had to restart all over. Not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back