• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Ruby Ultra

Should I add new areas? Ruby CAN be a little bit dull after the aftergame...

• No, don't.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Wanted to try my hand at these "386" and "Hard mode" patches. That and it'll help me practice hacking. *cough*scripting*cough* Yes I'm aware there are many of these, I'm jumping onto the bandwagon, yada yada yada...

...ahem! Without further ado I give you...
POKéMON RUBY ULTRA

A 386 and more difficult version of Ruby

Information:t001:
ROM used: 0907 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (v1.0) -- Patch the patches to this rom for an optimal experience. Google is your friend!

Author: Final Destination

Current version: Beta 1 ~ -- Up to the second gym! See below for the content in this beta!
Introduction:t004:
Hello! I'm Final Destination. I was a hacker, but I really didn't do anything beyond changing text. But now, I'm ready to experiment, and this sideshow hack is the test subject! ^_^

So, as I've typed before, this is a Catch-em-all and harder version of Pokémon Ruby. However, there will be more features. Check the features section for more information. I hope you enjoy this hack! Also the story is the same.

Features :t007:(Bolded = implemented into the latest beta, not bolded = not implemented :P)
~Some new areas! (See the poll for more details)
~Meet Pokémon never seen in Hoenn before!
~Harder/New teams for Gym Leaders, trainers, and your friend and rival Brendan/May! No I didn't forget Wally!
~Catch every Pokémon if you really wanted to! (not yet but we're already getting there)
~(Possibly) More battles with Brendan/May & Wally! (see below~)
~Run indoors! Now you can speed through those gym puzzles!
~Items, abilities and Pokémon names don't shout at you anymore!

Media:t152:
What you've all been waiting for!
Beta 1
Spoiler:

Current Beta Info:t155:
Beta 1 has and lets you...
~Catch at least 60+ Pokemon
~Catch one Starter (Treecko in Petalburg Woods)
~Beat Roxanne and Brawly
~Doesn't have Wild Pokemon Data documents, Special Encounter Location documents, nor Trainer and Gym Leader data documents.

Polling and I want you!:t158:

As this is my first time doing one of these, I'll need help with difficulty tuning. As I've gotten me and 2 friends to beta test, I'll still want suggestions on difficulty. Is it too hard? Too easy? Have I put in enough out-of-region Pokemon in areas? Make a post with your feedback! In the future, I'll also want two more beta testers. Thanks.

I also want some opinions right now. Since I can't post multiple questions, besides the question in the poll, I want to know...
~Should you battle Brendan/May and Wally more? I don't want to stray away from Ruby too much...
~Want to see Hoenn with a new design (i.e. new tiles?)

Fin:t252:
Thanks for looking at this! If I do any more of these mods, I'll be using this thread. The beta is attached, when you're finished, leave some feedback. Thank you!

~Final Destination

...oh wait, the credits and tools used? Fine >_>

Credits:t255:
HackMew
LU-HO
Swampert Tools
agentgeo
Gamer2020
Me
Wichu

Tools used

AdvanceMap
XSE
R/S/E Starter Editor
Advance Trainer
My scripting knowledge

Last edited:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
hmm .. I tried the beta and I must say that is not bad ...
Good luck with the project, I hope to soon see the new beta

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So another upgrading-style hack?
Not bad... but it's too early to say something more =)
The only thing is the catchable Treecko...
Don't you think it actually kills the point of having Treecko as starter? =D

Skystrike

Years
So another upgrading-style hack?
Not bad... but it's too early to say something more =)
The only thing is the catchable Treecko...
Don't you think it actually kills the point of having Treecko as starter? =D
Yeah it does, LOL
I was thinking of changing the starters, guess I'll do that in the next beta. :) Though then again, if I'm making all of the starters catchable, that makes the point of having ANY starter Pokemon as the starter.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hmm, a ruby hack, well, i'm looking foward to see a final version, since, for some reasons i like more pokemon sapphire/ruby than emerald, LOL, well, maybe because the main reason, is steven as a champion?, and in emerald he doesn't get his champion theme and gets the rival theme instead?, and steven is NOT the champion? ,well i would modify those by myself, but, i am not that much into hacking, so good luck my friend
EDIT: oh, and i have a suggestion, if you are ever going to finish this hack, i suggest you to add an area where you can catch rare pokemon, or where pokemon are high leveled, and at some point, there is red waitng there to battle you, how about this idea eh?

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This looks alright.
I'm not really one to comment or look at 386's/Harder hacks.
But, Good Luck with this project, I'll give it a shot.

Years

Yeah it does, LOL
I was thinking of changing the starters, guess I'll do that in the next beta. :) Though then again, if I'm making all of the starters catchable, that makes the point of having ANY starter Pokemon as the starter.

It depends on where you put them. Petalburg Woods is one of the firsts places in the game, so if Treecko is catchable that soon, it's not worthy being a starter. You can change the starters, or add another starter there.

Skystrike

Years
It depends on where you put them. Petalburg Woods is one of the firsts places in the game, so if Treecko is catchable that soon, it's not worthy being a starter. You can change the starters, or add another starter there.
It's after you get the first badge, actually.
You must have Cut to cut down the trees to go to a small area to get to it.

Anyways, I've been procrastinating lately, mainly because I have to modify the Wally Event in Mauville...which means putting it into a new offset. I'll work on it this weekend, though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back