• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Theme of give and take. (spoilers)

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Every pokemon game has quite a bit of themes, usually pretty simple or obvious, but one thing I haven't seen discussed at all really is the theme X and Y have of give and take. Tipping is what really drew me to the conclusion.
Tipping essentially serves no purpose, it is selfless giving for the sake of it, while the main villain seeks to take everything. In fact, his motivation for taking is that people and pokemon will be forced to steal because of the lack of resources. Personally I had a hard time fighting against his argument, but that's a whole different discussion.
Anyway, the villain seeks to take everything using a machine used to give life to a pokemon without, then made into a machine to destro(take) all life in the region. Destruction verses creation in the two legendary pokemon used to power the machine.
Now that in combination with tipping, and the introduction of mechanics within the game such as wonder trade, give something up and get something in return at random.
Perhaps I'm just in marvel of these games too much, but just listening to all the characters I feel like this hasn't been pointed out by the community for discussion.
Have you seen any other instances of blind giving or taking? Do you think this is all coincidence, or just so obvious no one thought to call attention to it?

Years
ive have heard that tipping increases chances of Shiny Encounters....

Funny is because as i was talking with this to my friends last night on skype i tipped somone (i always do) and i walked out into the grass to hunt more scythers and i found a shiny urasing.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
I've heard rumors of tipping do everything from increase "style" to increasing IV chances of being perfect. I have yet to see or hear any concrete evidence that it does anything, because increased shiny chance rumors have been just as common as how to get mew in almost every game. ;) I'd be very happy if tipping did nothing.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I have to agree with the original poster, I have seem no evidence that tipping actually does anything. All we have are rumors. Shiny chances appear to have been increased regardless of whether you tip or not. I know people that never tip finding Shinies and I always tip, haven't run into one.

Tipping has nothing to do with style as you can find the guide on style and it tells you how to max it out with no mention of tipping. As of right now there is no evidence that tipping does anything but spend your money.

Molts

Novice Breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 13, 2013
Which is wonderful, as it should mimic real life. Tipping doesn't benefit you but is for the good of the whole, just like in game. It is just a selfless pointless act of kindness to a nondescript code entity. It's wonderful!

Back