• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: New Legends [OOC] [1 Spot: Earthbender]

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Oh man! This looks great and I really hope I make it in! And I am willing to be our metal bender (Who knows, maybe I'll make Avatar and not be so limited =P) I see a lot of unexplored possibilities with being a metal bender. So jealous Bastion but I bet you'll do great.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
NAME: Angelique Everett. She doesn't like any shortenings of her name - call her Angelique, or else.
ELEMENT: Fire

ADDITIONAL WEAPON: A pack of weaponized playing cards. I'm not kidding. Moderately weighted, incredibly sharp, durable under most circumstances, and can be lit on fire for approx. 3 minutes without disintegrating. Only downfall? Somewhat easy to avoid, unless thrown in multiples. They're pretty avoidable if you know how they work. Also, you can't really play cards with them. These are generally bad when used in close range, although can be much more difficult to dodge depending on the distance between.

APPEARANCE: Rough, tough, and completely badass - you gotta be those things to be a Firebender, Angelique is no exception to this rule. She really enjoys the color black, extensively, so her entire outfit is made of nothing but black clothes and dark-colored accessories. Yep. Starting from top to bottom, she prefers to were a form-fitting black tank top, which not only allows for ample and limber movement in battle (allowing her to perform difficult evasive moves like a spinning side jump with a bit more ease), but also accentuates curves excellently (she'll argue that she has none to accentuate). To add in to her flexibility, she adds in a pair of almost-knee-length yoga shorts with a circle skirt overtop. And to top it all off, she wears some snazzy combat boots with camoflauge lining. Oddly enough, although the outfit in theory sounds extreme bizarre and mismatching, it seems to work effectively.

Accessories aren't a major concern in her fashion sense, but that doesn't go to say that she doesn't use them. On her wrist, she'll wear various assorted bands of dark colors, most of which fit fine (there are a few loose, saggy ones that's she's too lazy to fix). She also carries around her favorite black messenger bag, which contains assorted items that she probably won't really reveal. The only confirmed things inside it are extra packs of weaponized playing cards (they gotta run out eventually), some emergency snacks, and two bottles of water that she drinks intermittently, as well as some money stored inside an inner pocket on the left side, for easy access. She may pick up random trinkets she discovers on her adventure and put them inside, which seems to be the case as the bag is halfway full and retains some detectable weight. (General reference for outfit; missing a few things, like actual wristbands and yoga shorts)

Now, to her physical appearance. With all her black clothes, one would suspect her to have black hair; but nope, you are mistaken. She actually has dirty blonde hair... but with black highlights. Under normal circumstances, she'll keep her hair in a disheveled ponytail, with her bangs pulled back. On a rare occasion where she lets her hair down, she'll style it up with some fancy curls that look real quirky, I'll say. (Reference for ponytail; for curly; just imagine black highlights plz). She has some striking green eyes, piercing as a jaguar's in the jungle night. She's got a decently defined chin and jaw, and maintains a moderate tan; honestly, it's slightly less than one that a person who deals with fire would have, but it's good enough. She's of very, eh, lackluster build, although she's more acrobatic in her moves as opposed to powerful, so it works out for her somewhat. She weighs in at an acceptable 165 lbs.

PERSONALITY: Ah, where to begin... well, Angelique, for lack of better words, just straight up doesn't give a ****. She's very carefree and independent, and rarely stops to worry about anyone other than herself. She maintains a very close circle of friends, and isn't keen to making any new ones. Although she's usually easygoing, socializing with her is just... well, difficult, and nearly impossible. She doesn't take to anyone easily, and is heavily judgemental, to the point where she'll outright refuse to associate with someone if they don't meet at least one of her standards. She won't really make friends outside of those who are similar in fashion and tastes, so don't expect her to be warm and inviting.

In addition to being carefree, she is also very passionate in whatever she does; be it travelling, fighting, or even defending something she takes to strongly, she will do it with the highest extent her emotional psyche will allow. Her passion is also her downfall, however, as it can make her extremely angry in the midst of battle, or negatively resentful of someone she's arguing with. Her fury often dulls her abilities and what few social skills she manages to retain, and when that happens, she just gets more upset. She does her best to keep it under control, but many situations will reveal that she's an amateur at a faux persona.

BRIEF HISTORY: Angelique didn't live too bad of a life, honestly. Although her dad died before she was born (he died a hero, mind you), her mother did an okay job of raising her. Perhaps the only thing her mom didn't realize was that she was so afraid of Angelique growing up wrong that she didn't let her go and play with the other kids. Angelique was left to a life of playing alone and not really getting to know many of the kids around her town, making her extremely antisocial. She learned to deal with and eventually savor the silence and solitude, becoming the usual shut-in shy girl who wouldn't speak to anyone.

And then came the fateful day, her fifth birthday, where she was taken from her home to become an Avatar. Well, more to be tested if she was an avatar. Her mother, although fearful that something would happen to Angelique while she was gone, did give her up under the premise that her daughter "had better return exactly how she left, with not a scrape on her knee or a tear in her eye." Angelique was 100% opposed to the idea, since she didn't want to go halfway across the world to do a whole bunch of work (she might be shy, but she's still lazy as all hell), but since she couldn't exactly overpower the guards who took her and really had no say as a five-year-old, she went along.

At the camp, she immediately stood out as the worst bender, because she just didn't really want to learn how to bend. She thought that it was pointless, and generally unnecessary to bend when everything where she lived was peaceful (she obviously hasn't visited Republic City at this point lol). She actually went through three different mentors - the first two were entirely too fed up with having to work with her stubbornness, so the camp advisers had no choice but to give Angelique a mentor who was equally as stubborn: Marilynn.

With Marilynn instructing her, Angelique became somewhat interested in bending, but the "worst bender" problem still presented itself because Angelique truly had no talent in bending. The usual long-distance style of attacking wasn't working very well for her, so Marilynn had to create a new style of firebending that dealt with mostly close range attacks. The style involves a combination of physical hits, such as punching or kicking, alongside the use of fire; basically, Angelique does actual fighting, but utilizes fire in her attack to give them more oomph. She can also use projectile attacks like small fireballs at close-range. Angelique can still do most of the long-distance attacks that come with the usual Firebending style, but the only one she's actually good at is the Fire Breath.

One might think that this style is terrible, but few benders are actually prepared for close-range fighting. Most bending-styles specializes mostly in long-range attacks, with few close combat moves available to each element. This gives Angelique a one-up since her opponents usually aren't adept at defending themselves when she's right in their face.

However, Angelique still lacked in long-distance abilities, and Marilynn had no clue how she was supposed to help this child when she couldn't use her abilities to hit far-away foes. However, the solution appeared the day that the camp introduced weapons to the children. Each child was permitted a weapon, should they desire one, and while most kids immediately requested a sword or some other sharp object, Anelique was fascinated immediately by something rather obscure - fighting cards.

At first, Marilynn discouraged the idea, since they were a rather... well, useless in a sense. However, she realized that they would do well enough to cover Angelique's long-distance issues, so she issued them to Angelique immediately. She showed promise in using them, doing rather well with target practice on both the boards and the fighting dummies. They officially became Angelique's weapon of choice.

At the end of the camp's days, Angelique was not picked as the avatar, which didn't surprise her because she still sucked at bending. She was finally glad to be sent home, but not soon after, her mother made plans to move to Republic City. Although the idea of a huge, bustling city scared both of them, Angelique had a new-found confidence in both her bending abilities and just generally becoming confident through socializing with the kids at the camp, and her mother knew it would be better for both of them, so they both packed up their stuff and headed out.

Throughout the rest of Angelique's childhood, her mother worked very measly jobs that just barely got them by, so Angelique had to stay with relatives in Republic City most of the time. These relatives introduced Angelique to Pro-Bending tournaments, taking her to see them often. Angelique fell in love with the tournaments, enjoying all the bending and excitement that came from them. Upon turning 16, she attempted to enter one of the tournaments but was denied because she showed very little bending ability, and the operators of the tournament didn't want any of the teams to have an extremely weak link.

However, Angelique still went to all the matches just to watch, and her mother actually managed to land a job as an accountant for Republic City's Pro-Bending corporation, which pays for her's and Angelique's tickets to see the matches. Angelique still hopes to join in one eventually, but she knows that her skills are gonna hold her back if she manages to get in. If only there was something she could do to get in...

SAMPLE ROLEPLAY:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
Oh man! This looks great and I really hope I make it in! And I am willing to be our metal bender (Who knows, maybe I'll make Avatar and not be so limited =P) I see a lot of unexplored possibilities with being a metal bender. So jealous Bastion but I bet you'll do great.

Well I've got a metalbender SU in the works, so it's you vs. me, Lord Sephear!

Sephear

Years
Well I've got a metalbender SU in the works, so it's you vs. me, Lord Sephear!

Hmmm...I don't like those odds....but oh well every once in a while I'm creative! Alright it's ON Geras! Here's hoping we earn the honor of roleplaying together again, but hey Challenge is one of the spices of life!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh my god, so many different characters, such personalities and stories! And such -great SUs-! Good lord, you people think you have it hard with only a couple of you being picked. I have to do the picking! Good grief.

Swifty's sleeping, the lazy bugger, and it's like, 5 AM here because I just want to read all of your amazing stories XD But I -am- going to bed soon, and Swifty and I'll start discussing the different SUs that's already come in, and the ones that come in running.

There's no date or amount of SUs or anything like it that determines when we'll stop the 'casting', if you could call it that. We'll just surprise you at some point :P Don't expect us to ask you to fix too much. We'll of course help your character fit the setting and so on, but... just make sure the SU is as good as you can make it and we'll sort out the rest :) Thank you again for taking such great interest in this!

You guys are da bomb.

P.S. It'd be nice if you guys could write a little extra note in your SUs, regarding whether or not you would want to be The Avatar or not. I've opted out of it, and I know at least one or two others who would rather 'just' be a singular bender. So yeah, just a little heads up :3

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm done! And so far, I'm the only Earth Bender. Having no competition is kinda nice in a way :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Alright I have edited mine in the SU. My character won't be the avatar if that is alright.

/merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
@JNathan. I wouldn't be so sure on that :o
... Nathan and Caesar will be brawling to the death for the same spot once I'm done :p

@SB. Will edit in soon :D

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
@EB : Well, it was good while it lasted. Pick metal bending!
@SB : I will edit it soon.

Chalifoux

Years
@JN. Haha, lol xD Metal bending looks scary. Metal is scary :o

@SB & MF. Done, I think! :D

Chalifoux

Years
Another question, how old is everyone supposed to be? It says that the training to become an Avatar was over a decade ago while being aged five, so I'm taking all characters are 15+ since they share the same birthdate? :o

Sephear

Years
(Here goes, I hope it's good enough that Geras doesn't murder Davian just by the pure awesomeness of his SU)

Name: Davian Krotesse

Element: Metal

Additional weapon: Omni Orbs

Explanation:
Spoiler:

Appearance: Davian is fairly muscular thanks to the fact that he's been handling metal consistently since he was a kid, and he likes to train anyways. He's about 6'1, fairly thin despite his musculature and has straight shoulder length black hair with occasional bright blond highlights. He swears he didn't put highlights in his hair and have no idea why they showed up, but they remain nonetheless. His skin is pretty pale thanks to all the time he's spent underground and in dank slums and his eyes are a strange silver, he always seems to be scrutinizing whatever he looks at so combined with their strange color his eyes can unnerve people sometimes. He tends to wear loose black pants, brown steel-toed boots and a long green sleeveless shirt with yellow trim over a white undershirt, but he is working on a suit of armor for himself and sometimes has bits and baubles for/from it on his person.

Davian's face is nothing special besides his eyes, it has a masculine look to it with a bit of a pronounced chin and leanness to the cheeks. He has a scar going diagonally down and to the left on his right cheek and a small one going right down over the middle of his left eyebrow from the only two times he's ever made serious mistakes dealing with various metal tools over the years. Although his armor is nowhere near finished Davian has completed two spiked titanium bracelets which he wears all the time, and two greaves of the same titanium combination he puts on whenever he knows he's going to be fighting soon. He plans to add more pieces to most of his repertoire over time since he can use bending to alleviate the weight and stay mobile. Davian has two medium leather bags that hold his Omni-Orbs (about the size of bowling balls) hanging precisely from a leather and steel belt that has been heavily reinforced to handle their weight, the pouches have little iron braces on the draw strings so he can open and close them with his bending. He never trains with weights because of how heavy the Orbs are since he ALWAYS has them.

Personality: Davian is in some ways a complex individual...but then again, aren't we all? He is, like most people, ultimately kindhearted. But he is extremely lazy, he doesn't put energy into anything unless something stirs his passion. He also seems to WANT people to think he's a jerk for some reason, saying things he doesn't mean that piss people off, hiding his feelings and acting selfish even though he's not. He's very smart and has a quick wit, but he's not really knowledgeable, just intelligent and intuitive. He's not really one to offer help much, and if he does he usually masks it as thinking the other person wouldn't do it well enough. But if something important happens he understands. And though Davian is a realist and knows you can't help everyone he will NEVER just watch someone suffer in front of him.

Despite his outer demeanor Davian isn't very prideful and doesn't think he's got much of anything special to offer, he just refuses to do anything short of the best he can, even though he thinks his best isn't much. He is determined to make the world a better place at some point...he just has no idea how, and he has a chronic listening problem, he will remember everything people say, but has a hard time following advice. He is pretty analytical and can tell most of the time if someone knows something better than him, he just won't admit it, but he will keep it in mind. As far as girls go, Davian has no thoughts on them, he just sees them as people...softer, prettier people with more pleasant voices and...well basically he's never had a crush or really any romantic thoughts, which is good for making friends...but sometimes it causes him to miss serious context in how people act towards each other and him.

Brief History:
Davian grew up in a moderate home in Republic City with his parents, not much to tell about his early life, he was a typical kid who had never even heard of bending until the fifth anniversary of his birth. On Davian's fifth birthday some rather ornately dressed people showed up and spoke to his parents for what seemed to him like a very long time. After the discussion was over his Parents told him that the robed people were from the "Order of the White Lotus" And that he might be someone very special. His parents had never told him that his father was an Earth Bender and they didn't really know how to tell him right then either, so they just talked to him reassuringly until he believed that the lotus people were nice. For a long while after he was taken to the Avatar Training Camp Davian accomplished nothing, they were trying to teach him Earth Bending, little did they know his affinity missed a step and was a bit different from his father's. It wasn't until the day that Davian was angry at being woken up early to train and reflexively bent one of the legs of his bed, crashing himself to the ground and crushing one of the monks' feet that they realized he was in fact a Metal Bender.

Once he was receiving the proper branch of training Davian began to make progress in leaps and bounds, but not in making friends, the only other kid he spoke to the whole time was the only Air Bender there, and that was only once. Once he returned from the training camp Davian became much less reclusive and threw himself into life and training with a vigor that was completely alien to his parents perception of him before, after a while he even had a stroke of genius and two other benders helped him make impressive weapons. (Of course he never told his parents of the Omni-Orbs) For the next 7 years Davian continued his normal life, only different from before in that he had passion, a hobby (training) and began to actually make friends. The day after Davian turned 13 his mother came to his room to wake him up with a nice breakfast only to find he was gone, leaving behind only a note that said he'd be back and he was sorry.

Four years and eleven months after his unexpected departure Davian returned to Republic City taller, with new scars, and as a different person. Some people were impressed at how confident and precise he had become in his bending and the fact that he wasn't skittish anymore. His parents, on the other hand, were crushed at how their little boy had become such a grim and apparently uncaring man, he was distant, didn't have a nice word for anyone, and worst of all he wouldn't ask out any girls! They wanted grandkids eventually dammit! Most people, even those who had been his friends merely said that whatever he did while he was gone made him a jerk, and good riddance if he left again. After a month of wandering around, getting into trouble and refusing to tell anyone even his parents a single detail about his trip Davian decided it had been too long since he saw anything like fighting, and went to see a pro-bending show, nobody has any idea where he got the money for it but he got a ticket and went, to a great surprise: He recognized one of the pro benders from the Avatar Training Camp! Even after all these years he could tell it was him.

Sample Roleplay: "No! I don't want to go! I wanna stay with mommy and daddy!" Davian continued to protest as if he were being abused, even though in realty the kind bender was only gently nudging him forward when he stopped. He entered into a large place, he knew it was inside because he couldn't see the sky but...he wanted to go back to mommy and daddy, ride on daddy's shoulders and eat mommy's delicious food...But they had told him everything would be okay, the people he was going with were nice and he would see his parents again soon but...why did he have to go? What could they need a little boy like him before.

Lies...he couldn't believe his parents had told him those people were nice...they made him punch wooden doll things...and stare at hunks of metal until his head hurt! They weren't nice...they were big mean jerks...he had seen some of the other kids with floating water, or shooting fire out of their hands...or throwing big rocks, he even saw a kid who could make wind or something but him...he couldn't do anything, why was he here?

Amazing...He did it! He really did it! He had made the metal box move...and when he did the adults praised him more than usual, and for once he felt he deserved it! None of the other kids seemed to care but...he had finally done something special.

He had talked to the kid with the wind today, the boy had been fairly quiet like him...but then one of those fire kids talked to him and they went away quickly to do something and he was alone again...but not fully alone, there were other people with talents like his here...he was even told he might be someone great...some sort of...aviator? Could he fly? He couldn't remember what word they told all the kids.

Now he could move the metal box easily, they gave him a bigger one, that was made up of lots of metal sticks...pipes he thought they were called. The second box was a lot harder to move, it fell apart when he tried to lift it. After days of trying and failing he managed to lift the box and then put the first one inside of it, he hoped the other kids thought he was good, he felt like he had just gotten lucky.

He had gotten to use one of the pipe things today...a pole...a...staff? For some reason his was made of metal with soft pad thingies on the ends even though everybody else had wood, they put him with another kid and told them to try to hit each other...the other kid had hit him and he cried. About a week later he was sent on another sparring session (he learned yesterday that's what they are called) and now he knows how to use his staff, he had blocked the other boy a few times and then after the boy hit him real hard in the chest he swung low to the ground and pushed the boys legs out from under him. The boy cried louder than he had the first time and he found out what he had done was a called a 'leg sweep', and all the adults scolded him instead of praising him for winning like when he moved the boxes...he didn't understand what he did wrong.

Books...so interesting, who would have thought something that required you to sit still could be so fun! The monks had given him and the other students books that talked about someone called "Aang" and then someone named "Korra" they were great heroes who saved the world, and they had powers like him and the other kids...they were...oh yeah! Avatars! And apparently him and all the other kids might be Avatar's too...although secretly he knew it must be one of the other kids, he wasn't the smartest, the nicest, the strongest, and he didn't have the best control over his bending...nice to finally understand what bending was though.

He waved goodbye to the other kids as they left one by one, but the only one he said goodbye too was that Airbender boy, he hoped he would meet him and maybe some of the others again, they were the only kids he had really been around so far. They put him in some sort of machine with no windows to take him back to his parents, apparently the place they had been was a big secret...Not like it mattered, he wasn't smart enough to memorize whatever path they took. He thought it would be nice to see Mother and Father again...if only to not have to eat such simple tasteless food anymore.

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I just edited my Su to make it look a little more fancy, to stand a chance against Genieve's.

(Darnit why are water-benders always girls that's so cliché)

Sephear

Years
At least you don't have to compete with Geras, Swift and my dear buddy Bastion might keep both of you, me and Geras will probably have to fight to the death...and I'm not very confident of winning XD

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ohmegawd an avatar RP!

I wanted to join but then I saw how many SU's you guys got already and I don't think I'll stand a chance xD

Good luck on this anyways! :3 I will follow it closely.

Chalifoux

Years
@Geras o.o;;
And I ended asking even though it was already specified x3 Silly me.

Back