• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2014
guys can anyone give me link to working rom i tried so many they do not work

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
o-o I'm using No$Gba 2.6a with No$Zoomer and I can play the game fine, but it freezes if I try to view the summary. I've tried Desmume, but my laptop can't handle it. Anyone know any fixes?
Well... the fix is DeSmuME but if your laptop does not handle it, it's kinda problematic...
Try to shut down every possible program and try again wit DeS.

guys can anyone give me link to working rom i tried so many they do not work
Distributing the ROMs is against the rules.

Raj

Pokemon Master
Years
Hey guys not sure if this is the proper place to ask but I decided to go for it. Do you guys know anyway I can play Pokemon conquest on my r4 keep in mind it is a clone.

Adonis_x

Umbreon Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 25, 2013
Des still runs a bit slow, but I guess I'll play on it since I want to view my pokemon summary lol.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
Im playing the pokemon black ROM on my MAC and i beat the game and i want a hack tool or something to let me get pokemon u can only get by trade such as mew.
i need help finding one that will work on a mac computer for pokemon black :D

Years
Im playing the pokemon black ROM on my MAC and i beat the game and i want a hack tool or something to let me get pokemon u can only get by trade such as mew.
i need help finding one that will work on a mac computer for pokemon black :D

Use gameshark codes. Would be a lot easier then trying to give yourself Pokemon through a hacking program.

can someone help me? whenever i enter the flowershop for my hack, it goes to the surf position.

This question would be best placed at the Script Help section on this forum.
You're bound to get help there.

Hey guys.

I suppose this where you ask for help right?

My a-text editor used to work fine on windows vista, now that I have W7 I get a wierd error.

I've alredy fixed the error with the COMCTL32.OCX and COMDLG32.OCX files.
But now when I go to edit the text I'm not able to see the text correctly.

It always shows things like this:

And this was on pokemon firered.

The same error appears in other pokemon games, such as Ruby.

Please Help?

Please refer this question to the ROM Hacking > Simple Questions part of the forum.

This thread is for emulation help.

Last edited:
Years

Seriously? Hacking Pokémon is a lot easier than using GameShark.

It depends on what you're doing.
If you just want to give yourself a Pokemon, you just enter the gameshark code, find the Pokemon in the wild, and catch it. Done.
And seeing as George Rush was asking about it for Pokemon Black, I believe that's the only option as scripting can't be done for the game yet (As far as I know about it).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Hey guys, my problem isn't major.....but I made the mistake of going underground in pokemon pearl using the desmume v.1.9.8 and.....sprung a firetrap. How exactly can I remove this annoying problem? Thanks in advice n.n

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

It depends on what you're doing.
If you just want to give yourself a Pokemon, you just enter the gameshark code, find the Pokemon in the wild, and catch it. Done.
And seeing as George Rush was asking about it for Pokemon Black, I believe that's the only option as scripting can't be done for the game yet (As far as I know about it).
Well... if it's Black then it's throughout Action Replay, not Gameshark ;)

Hey guys, my problem isn't major.....but I made the mistake of going underground in pokemon pearl using the desmume v.1.9.8 and.....sprung a firetrap. How exactly can I remove this annoying problem? Thanks in advice n.n
Ouch... it's done by air in micro in a real game but I believe it cannot be done on emulator :/

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
can someone help me? whenever i enter the flowershop in my hack, its like im surfing. Im on top of a pokemon and the music is the surf music. Also whenever i go to a new place it doesnt show the name.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Des still runs a bit slow, but I guess I'll play on it since I want to view my pokemon summary lol.

Have you tried going to Config/Frame Skip and unchecking "Limit Framerate" and then checking the "9" at the bottom of the list. That works for me but remember to close the emulator then re-open it for the changes to work.

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
can someone help me? whenever i enter the flowershop in my hack, its like im surfing. Im on top of a pokemon and the music is the surf music. Also whenever i go to a new place it doesnt show the name.

Check your map settings in the Header tab, chances are it might say that your map type is underwater or something when you check Map Options > Type. Also, make sure the movement permissions aren't set to 4 for everything.

Years
  • Seen Sep 20, 2013
Hi, I have read through the previous posts however if i missed this already I apologise. I am using a R4 cart with Wood R4 v1.51. when I try to put the ROM onto the micro sd from my laptop an error occurs and says Invalid MS-DOS Function. Has anyone else had this problem?

Any Help will be much appriciated

Thanks and sorry for any spelling mistakes

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2012
How do I make Liquid Crystal speed up to 5000% on VBA?

In the original Crystal I can do this using the speed button, but on LC it only goes to 475%

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
GBA games and hacks tend not to speed up as quickly as GB games, probably due to the amount of processing is needed for the 2.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
I suggest you re download the ROM, using a different site/method, and don't use a download manager of any kind and stick with your browsers built in one. Backup any games you have to your computer, then search for "Panasonic SD formatter" download it, and install, insert your microSD card and run the tool. click format and once done you can redownload the wood firmware. if you don't have a program to manage .zip files then get 7zip and use it to extract the ROM and the Wood firmware. Copy over the games and the newly downloaded wood firmware, eject the SD card and go test to see if it works.

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2012
I'm using TGB Dual. I pressed file>save state>0 and it saved a time stamp, but it's not in file>load state, so I have to start over. Did I do something wrong? How do you save on TGB?

Back