• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Johto's Cutest Pokemon

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Johto has the cutest Pokemon. Hands down. You really can't deny it.

Look at this for example:

174.png

How can you NOT want to cuddle it?? What about you guys what's the cutest to you? Note: it doesn't have to be baby Pokemon!

Years
First thing that comes to mind is Togepi. The anime made it a very cute and lovable Pokemon. It never even completely left its egg.

It even stays cute throughout all of its evolutions, so I always have one on my team in HGSS.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Togepi wasn't lovable to me, they tried to make it super cute as it was a baby but I honestly found it annoying. Ash's Cyndaquil was way cuter with being sleepy all the time or Cyndaquil in general.

Last edited:
Years
Togetic gets my vote.

I remember flicking through strategy guides for Pokemon Gold and Silver when the game was released and just being enchanted discovering the second stage of Togepi's evolution. It was the first Johto pokemon I vowed to add to my team, the second was Espeon. Togepi was a very mysterious pokemon, introduced in the first season of the anime before we knew anything of Johto. So it was a big deal to find out more about the foundling pokemon.

With togetic's long neck and the angelic little wings that sprouted on its back, its almost like there's a hint of some whimsical swan trying to come out of the egg. Second stage evolutions can be an awkward looking adolescent time for Pokemon, but I personally think togetic is the cutest of all 3 forms. I like the serenity Togetic's facial expression omits.

Togepi and his line hold a very special place in my heart because he was the first Pokemon I ever hatched from an egg, as well as the first pokemon I learned to evolve through friendship. Believe it or not this delicate creature battled its way through the elite four with me. Togepi is still my favorite baby Pokemon, Togetic is still my favorite happiness-based evolution and Togekiss is an all time favorite pokemon, one of the most reliable battleships that I have. I never say no to raising another togepi.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Igglybuff is pretty damn adorable. In fact, now that you mention it, it might actually be the cutest! Cleffa is pretty cute too. Personally, I think Bellossom is pretty high up there. She's really nice to look at :3

Also re: all the togepi discussion, I think Togetic is cuter somehow.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Definitely Forretress. Look that those beedy little eyes peeking out from that metallic shell. *squeals*

Haha just kidding. Of the baby Pokémon I think it's a contest between Pichu and Smoochum, but overall I'll be going with Bellossom. ^_^

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I will say Pichu. They took the already very cute Pikachu (Especially in his Gen 1 form) and gave him an adorable baby pre-evolution. The Pichu brothers were also very cute in the anime.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
help me, list is too long

When it comes to naming cute Pokemon I always struggle, because there are lots that I find really cute.
However for this one my nominations are: Pichu, Mareep, Totodile, Cyndaquil and obviously Espeon and Umbreon.

Years
I think the starters are all definitely cute, but other candidates here include Bellossom, Phanpy, Aipom, Teddiursa, Pichu, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Blissey, and of course the Togepi and Mareep lines.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You guys... there is one Pokemon I keep coming back to. Teddiursa. Something about how it has its paws, how it eats honey... it's just super cute lmao I find all Johto mons amazing but Teddiursa takes #1 for cute simply because it licks its paws.

Jonothon

~ Farrah Moan ~
Years
This is such a hard question since pretty much all of the Johto Pokemon are cute. :o

However, I would personally say Teddiursa, Mareep, Hoothoot, Sentret, Girafarig, Corsola, Togetic, Igglybuff, Cleffa, Smoochum, Magby, Marill, Misdreavus, Dunsparce, Yanma, Pichu, and Hoppip are all really cute, with even more Gen2 Pokemon also being cute.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
I think Johto Pokemon are pretty cute in general compared to some other regions'. But personally I think that Teddiursa, Phanpy, and Girafarig (or at least everything but the tail) are the cutest.

Last edited:
Back