• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you sleep with the TV on?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Do you sleep with the TV on or off?

I had this discussion today, and I can't sleep with the TV on. I can't even sleep at night unless it's pitch black. Which is weird because I've fallen asleep playing video games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Not intentionally, but if I'm dozing off I often fall asleep with the TV/laptop on. Less so TV since I don't watch it much, but I do fall asleep while watching YouTube videos a lot.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 5, 2018
I can't do it. I just end up watching tv. I can't sleep with the tv on, if it's left on it wakes me up........

Years
Whenever I sleep in the living room I'll have the TV on, and very rarely in my room. If I put the TV on in my room it's usually on a Music Choice channel with the volume set to 1 and that provides enough volume.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Ahhhh so much wasted electricity!!

I have never had the TV on while asleep. I prefer the my room (or wherever I'm sleeping) to be as dark as possible.

Background noise doesnt bother me as much though, as I grew up next to some druggies who blasted reggaeton all night like all drug gang members do.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I turn it off before I go to sleep, and feel embarrassed on those rare occasions where I doze off before turning it off.

Years
I can't sleep without something to focus my brain on, otherwise it's like trying to sleep with a tornado in my head. So yeah, I tend to sleep with the tv on.

string555

Banned
Years
I did when I was around 15-16, but only because I stayed up all night prior to that almost every night. I don't think I could now, it's bad enough to have to hear my parent's tv blasting until around midnight every night. I keep my door shut, and their room is all the way down the hall, but there's nothing to do about it short of wearing earplugs.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I used to sleep with it on for no real reason. Mostly put basketball or some other random thing that was quiet on then I would wake up when Angel and Charmed came on real early in the morning. I dont do it anymore but I could.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I dont have a TV in my room, but I can fall asleep with the TV/Computer on. I enjoy listening to music as I fall asleep. Something calming.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Not TV, as I don't have one in my bedroom, but I regularly fall asleep with my tablet on, usually whilst listening to a podcast or something on YouTube.

Years
I'm able to take naps while it's on. At night...nope. While I don't need total darkness and I sleep better with a bit of noise going on, the TV is just too much of both at that time.

At least it's not an older TV - I definitely couldn't sleep with those on, the whine the TV itself made would keep me up.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Not really, it is in the living room and I sleep in my bedroom so I wouldn't really notice it anyways. And back when I lived in a tiny apartment with everything in the same room, I don't think I did either. I can understand it though, falling asleep in a nap in front of the TV is strangely calming.

Back