• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well congrats zel, it's obvious that you've been working hard.

And that screenie looks awesome. It's amazing how the leader of a fighting type gym can lift a huge bolder without his hands XD

Keep it up man, good work.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
sorry about the sprite issuses zel :(

anyways nice updates

but i think it would be a better idea for your mum to give you the vs seeker instead of the pokegear(saves time and creates less hassle)

and in fire red their were some unanwered questions like what happened to loleri,agatha, what happened to the TR admins etc, so maybe you could answers those questions, like for example the female admin became one of the elite four,but the male continued team rocket.

loleri returned to four and if you followed this maybe the first elite four member would say along the lines of

"hi I am will of the elite four"
"as you can see I am new and the prevous elite four member left and returned to her island to protect the laprasthat was attacked 2 years ago"(then he countinus with how good he is)

And maybe you could correct the mistakes of GF and mention that after lance was defeated him restarted his training and thats why his pokemon levels are low.

And i think it would be good to link Lance to dragon clan because in FR one book in the Pokemon leauge said that lances grandfarther was the leader of the dragon clan and claire is his cousin.

I just think by adding these it would be an accruate GSC remake in the current storyline and fill aot of plotholes.

well thats my 2 cents

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Well Razzy, it could happen - just depends if Zel will do anything about it or not! :P

Here's a n00by thought: why not have Giovanni make a cameo in the game, as well as characters from Hoenn. I mean, it would be nice if some characters from Hoenn were at least mentioned by various characters, right? :nervous:

I guess it's not an important factor (to be concerned at the moment for you at the moment Zelly), but why not give the gymleaders their unique sprite? That screenshot of Chuck 'throwing' the boulder is cool, however if only he looked like him...however, it's as close as it can get to the original thing, so congrats (once again) to you Zel. You're really dedicated to this hack...and turns out to be the best GSC remake hack in my opinion! ;) (No offense to anyone out there - you's can be good, but Zel's one's just closest to being the real thing, that's all!)

If only Cerulean Cave was present in GSC...that place could be made more of, with a bunch of legendaries, but then it wouldn't be a remake, would it not? :embarrass And obviously the Seevii Islands will be manipulated into the Johto region herself...unless if you have some free space on the map left, you could always add in an island with the Battle Tower and/or more legendaries, but that too would go against the fact that SHiny gold is a GSC remake...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
Since Gold take place some years after RBY/FRLG and RSE
there are lots of change like a connecting route to Johto.
How about (save this for later) adding Team Magma and Aqua then make a huge story involving the three teams (since Hoenn is the only place TR can't get through)
or maybe something like "start all over again" thing.
If you need storyline writers for new ideas, you can ask for help since Kanto is a big region and it's storyless
(just a suggestion...again)

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Since Gold take place some years after RBY/FRLG and RSE
there are lots of change like a connecting route to Johto.
How about (save this for later) adding Team Magma and Aqua then make a huge story involving the three teams (since Hoenn is the only place TR can't get through)
or maybe something like "start all over again" thing.
If you need storyline writers for new ideas, you can ask for help since Kanto is a big region and it's storyless
(just a suggestion...again)

I don't think that there should be any "huge stories" if its meant to be (in principle) a Gold remake. By that I mean that the story should be nowhere near as big as the "blue Orb, Red Orb" story in sapphire and Ruby., To be honest I don't think its a good idea to have team magma/Aqua in a Gold remake. Personally I thought it would be good if he added Jessie and James (to be honest, I think they would be better than the couple in love, but since its not my game its not my place to decide).

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm taking note of some of your suggestions, don't expect anything, though.

CAS+ (don't want to write full name), you're pointing out something that I've never thought of: if this is a Remake of Gold, which is the continuation of Pokemon "Red", or if this is a Remake of Gold, which "should" be the continuation of Pokemon "Fire Red"... That's quite interesting... Hmmm...

Oscuridad, I don't know how to change the sound of the Charizard at the beggining (and the Nidoran at Oak's intro, by the way). If anyone knows, I'd be grateful!

Goku Goku, first, I don't think a single place should have a lot of legendaries. So, they'll be scattered through the map, in islands, or something like that. Even some will have their own story going around them.
Then, I don't know about characters from Hoenn being mentioned, perhaps...
And, about changing sprites, we'll see once I can decide which sprites I'm not going to use (I want to retain the sprites for the G.L in Kanto)

itsaplanet & cgnius, definitely Team Magma & Aqua won't be in the game (it requires A LOT of new sprites, so forget about it), kinda similar about Jesse/James. Besides, I think Carlos fills their role, by constantly annoying the player :P

And, that's about it. But, I have an announcement, and a question (it should go to a poll, but...)

Finally I put the Headbutt Trees, and they're working! Only thing that confuses me a bit is the Poke that fall off the tree, because guides in gamefaqs say that only in "mountain" areas you'll find Aipoms, then I go, in Gold, to Route29, and an Aipom falls, so, anyone knows a more reliable source of information?.
Anyway, I'm faced with two options, since I can't make a TM (EDIT: nor a Move Tutor :() teach you the move "Headbutt", you could learn the move "Mega Punch" from the person in Illex, like it is at the moment in the game, then you use M.P. to shake trees. Or... you could get a Pokemon that knows the move "Headbutt" from the same person, then you use Headbutt to shake trees.
Both options means that you're stuck with only one pokemon available to use the move right away, and the only way to make another one is by breeding (or, for the second option, getting another pokemon that knows Headbutt).

Which of the two you like more?

EDIT: Oh, I made a quick video, if you want to see it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F2Y28WkiC8

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
well, maybe you could make the guy in ilex forest make a pokemon learn headbutt,because in the original he kinda did the same(but he gave you a tm)

also Aipoms appear outside new bark town.

but if you to find out more just pm me

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Great work so far, zel. You've been working really hard.

About the Headbutt thing, I think you should change some pkmn so that they can learn headbutt in early levels and make a list of them. Don't change it to Mega Punch (mega punching a tree would make it most likely fall down :P).

Well, that's my suggestion, can't wait for more updates.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Elm doesn't exactly jumps back when you show him the Egg (unless you speak with him from below)
(maybe you should check the script in the original gold to see how it was done)
Avoid getting into a double battle with only one Pokemon and the Egg...
(there was script in Ruby that preents you from double battling even if you have 1 pokemon andone egg)

Item-Finder doesn't have a purpose...
(I think you should remove it)

Just a few suggestions

Years
Zel, if you make it so that you can mega punch a tree, you should make Mega kick also work to knock pokemon out of a tree, like, for example, The scenario with the Mega Puncher and the Mega Kicker after Mt.Moon, make them in Ilex Forest standing next to a tree, and when you come along, you notice them arguing, and you come in, and learn the moves from each of them, or at any time you want, (only once though) or something like that. I don't know if you should do that though, as it has been done in FR/LG, and you dont want to be redundant, but it is an idea, xD

[Edit] Okay, I got another idea, but no one posted so I had to edit.. anyway, you know the regis? Well, if you can, you should put in the brail feature in Kanto so you have more to do in Kanto, (just a suggestion) because of the fact that ruins of Alpha have Unknowns on the wall in Johto, the brail feature should be on walls in Kanto, and, they should give you clues as to the wherabouts of the regis, and how to get to them, eheh, just thought of that idea, xD

[Edit #2] Okay, still no one has posted yet, but I got an idea for the GS ball, (or some important item), The trading system! Okay, you probably think, "trade with other people?", Not exactly,I mean trade with NPCs. Let's say you should get an item in the beginning, (lets say... the Itemfinder(usless anyway right?)) and while your playing the game, you talk to people, and one person will trade you something for the itemfinder, then someone later on in the game wants that "something" and will trade you a different something for it, and this chain goes on until the end of the Johto Region, and at the end, (lets say you trade with the rival in the dragons den) he will trade the GS ball (or some important item) that he stole for what you last traded with, becasue your rival becomes good, (or so he says), and you bring that GS ball to kurt, and he does who knows what to it, and whala! Celebi is in the game! and it would make a great starter for when you start the Kanto region, (because you need to train it somewhere, and not somewhere redundant right? *cough Elite four *cough) Anyhoo, I just hope you take my ideas into consideration! Thanx.

[Edit #3] Come on people, reply! Well, I got an idea for my idea! The items you can trade, should be the key items you dont use, like some key items from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. Like, Go-Goggles, Acro Bike, Deepseascale, Deepseatooth, Devon Goods, Devon Scope, Itemfinder, Letter(maybe you deliver it to steven? If you want him to make a cameo appearance), Meteorite, Red Orb/Blue Orb, Scanner, Soot Sack, Wailmer Pail and Contest Pass. Because there are lots of space for blank items, you should make some items to go with this, I mean, a trading mini game that lasts throughout the game is really fun! (Got this idea from Papre Mario (N64) and the chain letter thing) and it was really fun, and challenging, anyhoo, hope you take into consideration of these ideas, thanx, and good luck!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Well Razmazter, and anyone else who has suggested a bunch of ideas .... I personally think that they are too much of a bother to implement. I would rather see a pure Gold remake (as pure as zel wants it to be), instead of of one with a bunch of annoying little extras everywhere.

But yeah, it's your choice zel.

Someone has already brought up the GS ball Raz ... zel said he's already gonna implement it (I think :/)

About Christos' idea: Don't change movesets, it'll just confuse everyone, and it will still leave you with a limited number of pokemon with Headbutt. I'm sure you'll find another way around this zel.

And nice video zel, I can't wait to see more.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Sorry, Razmaster, I'm gonna read your ideas tonight, I just have something quick to post.

Well, I'm just starting the Berry Trees scripts, they're gonna be a bunch, but they're really easy to edit (I just need to copy/paste, and change the item, and point to the offset to the text I've created for each berry/apricorn).

There's a good point and a bad point about the trees. The bad point is that they'll be somehow "connected", which means that you pick a berry, and then you can't pick another one, not only in that tree, but also in every other tree... The good point is, that you only need to wait a few minutes and the trees refill (compared to a whole day, is much better than before). I won't change the way they work, I like it, it teaches the player to be more selective when deciding which berries he or she'll pick. That's my personal opinion.

Oh, and I may post an idea I just had about a very important item, that everyone always cheats to get... :) (You won't need to cheat anymore!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Sorry, Razmaster, I'm gonna read your ideas tonight, I just have something quick to post.

Well, I'm just starting the Berry Trees scripts, they're gonna be a bunch, but they're really easy to edit (I just need to copy/paste, and change the item, and point to the offset to the text I've created for each berry/apricorn).

There's a good point and a bad point about the trees. The bad point is that they'll be somehow "connected", which means that you pick a berry, and then you can't pick another one, not only in that tree, but also in every other tree... The good point is, that you only need to wait a few minutes and the trees refill (compared to a whole day, is much better than before). I won't change the way they work, I like it, it teaches the player to be more selective when deciding which berries he or she'll pick. That's my personal opinion.

Oh, and I may post an idea I just had about a very important item, that everyone always cheats to get... :) (You won't need to cheat anymore!)

event tickets I presume(I had to cheat to get them)

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
Years
itsaplanet & cgnius, definitely Team Magma & Aqua won't be in the game (it requires A LOT of new sprites, so forget about it), kinda similar about Jesse/James. Besides, I think Carlos fills their role, by constantly annoying the player :P
Most R/S/E sprites are already in the game (E4, Gym Leaders, Aqua/Magma) but I'm not sure about the overworlds.

Personally I don't like Aqua/Magma though :)

Nice Headbutt trees man! You seem to be able to do ANYTHING to these simple FR Roms!

Snrub

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
u kno what i was just thinking right now

since gold is after red and before ruby

why dont you put a little cameo, nothin major, of the hero of R/S/E in a town in johto

and when you talk to him, he will say "I'm moving to Hoeen in a couple of months, I'm going to miss Johto, and the Miltank Milk"

EDIT: here, i made a screenshot of my idea

herodn6.gif

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
fliboi has a pretty good idea and i kinda like the little item minigame idea... zel the new screenshot of the gymleader throwing the rock is pretty kool seems u can do anythin lol

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
OK, there are a few ideas that I doubt I could be able to implement, some that I wont like to implement, and some that seem interesting, so, to avoid spoiling anything, I won't reveal which ideas... (But, I doubt about the trading mini-game, even though it sounds good, overused, but good)

I'm sorry flipboi, but I've replaced Ruby's male hero with Silver, so say goodbye to your idea (sorry, I'd need a new sprite for him again, which I don't think adds anything, so I wont put him). And, the overworlds are the whole deal here, Mr.Snrub, I can't add new OW sprites, so I need to replace sprites, and I'm never sure of what I'll use and what not, so for now, you'll keep on seeing common OW sprites in the next betas, till I can decide.

Another thing is the Braille, I don't remember if FR had such feature, if it doesn't I won't put it (You don't expect that I put that kind of thing, right?)

And, about MegaPunch vs Headbutt, I've decided that (at least temporary, till someone, or I, even though I failed when I tried, can come up with a way to edit the moves taught by a TM) I'll make that NPC give you a pokemon with the move, if you want another catch one, or start to breed (this way breeding becomes more useful, by the way...)

Finally, about the idea I mentioned before, you are wrong CAS+, I was talking about the Master Ball. You get one through the normal game, but now (well, after the whole thing is implemented) Kurt is gonna be able to make you Master Balls. However making a Master Ball is obviously not an easy task, here's why:

A Master Ball will be formed by giving Kurt three different objects:
1 Mystery Scent - This makes the ball irresistible for the target pokemon - You may buy this from a Berry Shop, supposed to be in Kanto. However, since it's a rare item, expect it to be REALLY expensive.
1 Mystery Apricorn - This is a more powerful Apricorn than any other, capable of holding a pokemon of any level - You get, as its name suggests, from a Berry Tree, however, the Berry Trees grows only in the most dangerous places, but if you pick one in one place, you have to find the next one in other dangerous place, till the thing makes a cycle.
1 Mystery Device - A machine that makes the captured pokemon unable to escape from the ball - The hardest to get, I plan to make this item only available as an attachment for some pokemon (I hope this can be done)

So once you get the three, Kurt will notice you have'em and start making the Master Ball (if he wasn't doing anything before, of course).

I think that doing this, I could test if the player is worth enough of getting an extra Master Ball, 'couse he'd need to be wise with his money, strong enough to face dangerous dungeons, and with a good patience to get the Device. Sounds really good to me!
Well, even though I can't really make this thing right now, so don't expect this for a while. Just I decided to let you know a bit of what I'm planning to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back