• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

zel's Home-made Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
for a remake of yallow what do i need to make Pikachu follow me around and have the reactions that it had on GBC Yellow, expect I wanna make Thunder Yellow using the FireRed version

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Hey Zel.
For some reason Hex editor wont pick up my values for the battle sprite palette.
I noticed that in shiny gold beta4 you palette edited your battle sprite a bit.
So can you help me because i seem to be able to palette edit everything but the battle sprite!

shadowboy166

Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Hey Zel.
For some reason Hex editor wont pick up my values for the battle sprite palette.
So can you help me because i seem to be able to palette edit everything but the battle sprite!

I am talking about when you throw the pokeball just so you know

Years
First of all, as far as I know, people don't have to answer any question asked, people answer questions because only if they want to help. Second, I think your asking this in the wrong thread. There is nothing to do with your question in this tutorial. Finally, have you ever thought that, maybe, people don't know the answer to your question.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
all i asked was where do i find those tools on the list that i need, and if no one knows the answer, someone could just post,'I don't know.' don't act like i didn't even make a post at all

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, I think I'll ask for this thread to get closed, at least till I find something else to add a tutorial for. But, anyway, I'll try to answer some of the posts.

zell I need your help once again so here it goes:
1- when I use UNLZ-GBA when im going to change the hero making import it says image not indexed. Can you help me?

2-Can you tell me which hex editor you use?

You can index images with something called InfraView, I think. Probably the images editor you used did something to your edited picture and then UNLZ didn't understand it (as the tutorial says, I used Paint Shop Pro and didn't have any problems)

The hex editor I use is called Thingy (and I have a second hex-editor called Hex Workshop, which is a bit more friendly, but it's a trial version)

sorry zel about ur thread being dead and all but can u explain how to insert pokemon diamond hero sprites in pokemon fire red game?

Most likely they must be resized because D/P use bigger sprites than FR (an images editor will be needed then) For the rest, I think there's a guide for inserting Pokémon (you may also want to check the spanish guides at www.wah.studiopokemon.com)

Do u know how to edit the palattes for the firered sprites?

I think Hackmew keeps improving his Advanced Palette Editor, so you should consider that tool for your palette changing needs.

Hey Zel do you have a list of the items and their hex codes for Fire Red? Eg Oak's Parcel is 0x???. Thanks.

Spoiler:

Hey Zel.

Well, for editing that part I used the Hex Workshop. But probably Hackmew's APE will be easier.

all i asked was where do i find those tools on the list that i need, and if no one knows the answer, someone could just post,'I don't know.' don't act like i didn't even make a post at all

Since we still don't know how to make the rat follow you (and I don't have the need for that, so I really don't care), that's why we can't give you any tool for doing all that stuff specifically.

Though if you manage to learn ASM language, seems anything is possible (But that's way out of my league)

shadowboy166

Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Ok thanks Zel I'll learn how to use APE.
Thanks again.

Edit: Thanks Zel finnaly did it!

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Zel, you should write a tutorial on changing Overworlds(Minis) in Tilemolester or any other Graphics tool, since Overworld Ed does not have all the Overworlds

flameboy8106

an uchiha legend
Years
some help plz?

well i need help on the part of the paint shop pro thing to change it i dont get wat u mean by anylizing the colors

Years
Hey zel, I have a question about the intro I tried to change the hero of fire red in to the one of diamond and pearl but the colors don't match too perfectly I did every thing you said.
I can't show you cuz I'm new and i can't post an image yet ( I have to have posted at least 15 comments)but as I said I'm new,oh can somone help me I can't find the trainer sprites in ememarld does anybody know thanks in advance

Last edited:

Morrissey

"Amor Fati" - Love your Fate
Years
Pokemon Ruby Intro

I've looked around for the past few days and I cannot find any help on editing Prof. Birch's intro...(the one where he asks your name.)

I also cannot seem to figure out how to stop your mother from forcing you into the house to set your clock after you exit the truck.
How do I edit these to events? or at least delete or remove the latter from the game.

I greatly appreciate all the help I've received thus far-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back