• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
My turn! And Elite Killer I think you can join.

Ellie (Eevee) Level 18- Tackle, Shadow Ball, Dig, Flail, Iron Tail

Is it alright at level 20 I evolve her?

Rama (Zorua) Level 20- Scratch, Pursuit, Dark Pulse, Return, Fury Swipes, Faint Attack

Volca (Larvesta) Level 22-Take Down, Wild Charge, Acrobatics, Flamethrower, String Shot, Psychic

Pala (Cubchoo) Level 17- Powder Snow, Growl, Bide, Icy Wind, Fury Swipes (still can't talk.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Yes, you can join, Elite Killer. c: Entei Dorm appears to be the only dorm with an open spot currently, though I get the feeling some of those spots may be inactives. You can also play a teacher if you really want to...

Also of course you can evolve her at level 20, Fuyu c:

Edit: Updated your character profiles~ I'm apparently coming down with something, but it doesn't feel like it should get in the way of me doing stuff. *Goes to add new locations and pokemon*

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Okay, could you reserve me a spot? I'll start working on a SU.

Dawn

Years
Sure thing... Reserved for three days. c: If you need more time, just say so before the fourth day and I'll reset my mental timer. This is just to prevent the last spot from being reserved for too long incase someone reserves and just forgets the roleplay exists.

Edit: UPDATE: Added in the Swamplands and another new area I call The Dead Forest. It's called that because it's a small section of The Forest in which almost all of the trees are dead. The swamplands are dangerous because of the high rate of disease and how easy it is for pokemon to sneak up on you through the murky water.

The Dead Forest has some background to it. If one of our characters goes asking around, you can have them get told about said background, as it's public knowledge.

The reason the trees are dead is a mystery. They just are, as far as anyone knows. More interestingly, Occasionally people go missing in that part of the forest, never to be seen again. Rumor has it that a murderer might be hiding there. Supporting this rumor is occasional police activity in the area. Also interestingly, ghost pokemon seem to be attracted to that section of the forest, and have driven all other type of pokemon out. The forest is described as having a disturbing aura about it.

Staff are obligated to advise students not to go The Dead Forest, but a student can enter anyways if they wish.

(The Dead Forest has a random encounter boss in it, which is a term I'm using to describe especially strong pokemon / trainers now. You must ask if you want that encounter.)

Edit: UPDATE: The rules have been updated, especially regarding leveling and whatnot. Readzor!

Also, I prettied up the page whoo hoo!

Also, I fixed up the Available Classes section as it didn't make sense to me to list the teachers and have the actual classes in spoilers instead of the other way around.

Edit: That would appear to be all the major updates for now. I'm still thinking of more locations and or wild pokemon though, so I'll let you guys know if I actually think of anything.

Last edited:

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Nice updates. And this Dead Forest sounds like the kind of place Mark and Bri would look into on the road to discovering what the heck is going on at the Academy, wouldn't you say Megaman?

Nideous

Years
Yes. Yellow already upped the level of them to 15. Also, pokemon that you caught can add 5 more levels to them. But only if they are lower than level 15.

HunterZero

Maverick Hunting til the end
Years
Oh didn't notice that sweet though. Updating my teams.

Vincent Xackford Luna:

005.png

Blitz lvl 33 (Male)
Moves: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Flame Burst, Dragon Rage, Dragon Claw, Smokescreen

595.png

Wattage lvl 21 (Male)
Moves: Thunder bolt, Poison Jab, X-scissor, Volt Switch, Thunder wave, Electroweb, Cross Poison

347.png

Scissors lvl 15 (Male)
Moves: Scratch, Harden, Mud Sport, Water Gun

633.png

Dyno lvl 20 (Male)
Moves: Dark Pulse, Earth Power, Dragon Rage, Head butt, Dragonbreath, Screech

529.png

Terra lvl 22 (Male)
Moves: Hone Claws, Rapid Spin, Metal Claw, Dig

570.png

Shade lvl 17 (Male)
Moves: Faint Attack, Furry Swipes, Leer, Pursuit

Calnith Sol NeverWind:

444.png

Shinryu lvl 27 (Male)
Moves: Dig, Dual Chop, Outrage, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Sandstorm

375.png

Colossus lvl 26 (Gender less Male to Calnith)
Moves: Psychic, Iron head, Flash cannon, Psyshock, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam

229.png

Cerberus lvl 27 (Male)
Moves: Flamethrower, Thunder Fang, Shadow ball, Bite, Double Team, Sludge Bomb

524.png

RoadBlock lvl 15 (Male)
Moves: Rock Blast, Harden, Headbutt, Sand-Attack

098.png

KingClaw lvl 19 (Male)
Moves: Scald, Harden, Vice grip, X-scissor

453.png

Kento lvl 15 (Male)
Moves: Pursuit, Taunt, Poison Sting, Mud-slap

Dawn

Years
Lower than or equal to level 15*

But yeah, thanks for giving an update on your team. c: If you have any ideas you want to throw out there, I'm listening.

Me and Selene are currently working on a joint post battle. Hopefully that will be done soon enough. If things continue the way they have, it should only take one more post from each of us to finish the battle. We're not quite ready for a time skip to the morning though. Just throwing that out there.

Lower than or equal to level 15*

But yeah, thanks for giving an update on your team. c: If you have any ideas you want to throw out there, I'm listening.

Me and Selene are currently working on a joint post battle. Hopefully that will be done soon enough. If things continue the way they have, it should only take one more post from each of us to finish the battle. We're not quite ready for a time skip to the morning though. Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Hmmmm. I think it's a bit harsh to say that after level 45 NO levels are gained from battling wild pokemon...

Perhaps just up the number of wild pokemon that need to be defeated to gain a level? That would be more realistic I think.

Otherwise, I am liking these changes! :) especially the introduction of Prof G.Oak and other canon characters - that's a fab idea.

Dawn

Years
I think I'll have to make two seperate rules for wild pokemon. Gimme a moment.

Edit: I now have two separate rules for leveling against wild pokemon. The level 45 limit only applies to catchable pokemon now. (Because they're level 15.)

If you want to gain levels after 45, you can, but you need to pick on the stronger wild pokemon that can't be caught. All that means is you should consider facing a pokemon's evolved form or simply stating that it's stronger in your post. There are no restrictions on when you can find evolved forms. The rule's just in place so that level 80 Charizards aren't grinding levels by pinching random Ratattas to death. xD

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Nice updates. And this Dead Forest sounds like the kind of place Mark and Bri would look into on the road to discovering what the heck is going on at the Academy, wouldn't you say Megaman?

Yeah for sure :3 I'm really happy that the RP has been alive for so long :D

Nideous

Years
Aww... But I like having my level eighty Charizard pinch random Rattatas to death. :(

And I'm happy this is still going too. This was my first RP, and it's lasted longer than half the other RPs I've been in. :D

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
It's lasted long all right. I like writing for this one.

Dawn

Years
Me too. This roleplay has a rather humble concept, but it's played very well and I've grown to love it so much that I didn't mind offering to GM it when the time came. |D

Also, you guys can feel free to go into dead forest. If you want that random boss encounter, you have to ask though. As a matter of fact... I'm going to have MacKenzie conveniently stumble upon the forest as she's heading back, just so I can show you guys what the forest is like in more depth. ;D

I guess you could say that I've put some... considerable thought into it.

pikakip

The original DarkHeart
Years
=_=
Hi everybody
Sorry 've been away so long...

Working on a post, but it might not be up for a while...

Dawn

Years
Hey could I have Vincent fight Lt. Surge seeing as the two got off on a bad start. I would love the two to fight.

You can fight teachers at your own will, as long as you keep in mind that they have level 40'ish pokemon generally, making that a virtually hopeless fight without some more training. Given, your entire party would earn 3 levels each if you lost under the new rules, which say that pokemon earn one level for fainting during a battle /on top/ of whatever else they earned.

SelenaStar

Who says you're not perfect?
Years
Could I request a Selene/Brock battle? Selene is somewhat of a Brock-fangirl on the quiet and it would be most enjoyable and probably relatively humourous (if I can find the energy to do humour...humour takes a sharp mind...at the moment, I do not possess this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back