• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres?

Uno, Dos, Tres...?!

• [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen4/overworld/front/144.png[/img]

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen4/overworld/front/145.png[/img]

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • [img]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen4/overworld/front/146.png[/img]

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_1y_144.png
Spr_1y_145.png
Spr_1y_146.png

The original legendary trio. Which one of these legendary birds do you prefer? Articuno, the bird of ice? Zapdos, of lightning? Or Moltres, of fire? Listen to me try to make them sound majestic lol. All three of them starred in the second Pokemon movie, The Power of One, alongside Lugia. So I think if you've seen that movie, it might help sway your decision.

I personally think they're all fantastic, though I think I'll go with Articuno for this one. It's so graceful and elegant and I just think it's great. I loved its cry in the movie as well, and I had a little plastic card from Burger King and if you pulled the wing, it made its cry. So cool. Wish I still had it. :( Gen I had the best toys from BK and the like, ya know? Like those gold cards. I'm getting off track now, haha. But yeah, which one do you like best?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I was always fond of Zapdos as a kid, playing RBY, and even though I've chopped and changed on who I like the most over theyears, I've got to say that the one I really like the most out of the three, is Zapdos.

It's sassy, sharp and its short temper makes it one heck of a pokemon not to mess with!

Years
Over time, my favorite of the three has slowly become Articuno, but since we're talking about the first gen games, my favorite was Zapdos. On Yellow, it basically took over the role of Pikachu on my team (I was bored of it following me anyway), whereas I already had a good Fire type on my team in Charizard, and a Water/Ice type in Lapras. Plus, I think it's one of the only Legendary Pokemon I've ever had on my team while challenging the Elite Four.

Sirfetch’d

I found Zapdos a LONG time before discovering the others, and It grew on me, but Articuno is my favorite. She is so useful and just one of the best ice types.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
I don't think anyone likes Moltres, really. It's a tie between Zapdos and Articuno for me. I love Ice Types and Articuno, but Zapdos has a cooler design and is much more useful than the other two birds.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I liked Zapdos the most for a long time, but my favourite is Moltres. Fire is one of my favourite types and Moltres is a bird... On fire! I also liked it's cry in the second movie as well. It also has a cool name, imo.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Articuno's my favorite design wise by far and it helped me KO Lance's Dragonite when it would have otherwise given me hell so Articuno for me.

Years
ARTICUNO BECAUSE IT'S SO ELEGANT AND MAGICAL. KINDA LIKE A UNICORN.

But I gotta admit, I thought Zapdos was awesome as a kid as well because it looked B.A. It still does, but I've grown to love Articuno with its design and erthang.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Articuno has a lovely design which always appealed to me c: And the idea of a Pokemon that learns Mind Reader and Sheer Cold has kept it my favorite of the bird trio after all these years! xD

Years
I picked Articuno solely cos of its design, blue is like one of the best colors for Legendaries.

And its Mind Reader + Sheer Cold combo can be deadly.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Articuno for me, as well. I liked using Ice types before. It also helped me to kill those Hyper Beaming Dragonites.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I really like all three, but im going to go with Articuno. The design is amazing, and ice types are pretty awesome. Also, its the first of the three birds I ever had in my games.

BLOOOD-La-ti-

This is the place to try!
Years
ZAPDOS!

cuz he is just so cool,by just looking at him(even tho his face is ugly)
And he is the strongest out of the three in my opinion.
It's appearance represents my personality.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I have always <3 <3 <3'd Articuno. It's so awesome. I used to like Zapdos a lot too when I was little.

Pvt Tamama

Chii!
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
i would have to day zapdos he looks the coolest to me and i'm a fan of electric types

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Articuno was my absolute favorite, with Zapdos coming a close second. Moltres never really appealed to me, but it was very cool catching it too.
I really wish they could somehow improve Articuno for competitive battling, but I'll love it anyways.
Zapdos is already badass, all they need to do is release his DW already!!!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I really like them all for nostalgic reasons, but I think Articuno has been my favorite for a while now.

Back