• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Borderlands - This ain't no place for no hero

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Eh, we like playing the slots. Like I said, we really have nothing better to spend the money on. But have any of you actually gotten it before?

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I finally downloaded the first Borderlands on my PC. So but me down for that o 3o. Too bad there isn't anyone else with it on PC so far.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@OokamiReki: If low ammo is a problem, you should try to farm the Bunker for The Sham shield. It has a high absorb ammo chance.

@Razor Leaf: My Slag CC is about level 31. I got it from The Warrior. I passed down my CC to my Siren, who still sucks a bit, haha. I got a Bee through a trade giveaway. The Bee is not quite as epic now since the nerf.

I was playing with Olli and saw Pimon/Tumbaa. One of them dropped the Transformer, eee! I let him have it though, since I am swimming in legendary weapons now... I have like, 30. I got 8 through helping someone farm a rare spawn for the Challenge Trophy. The rest were dumped on the ground and the player left. They're likely cloned guns, but I appreciate having them. I got: Infinity, Baby Maker, Madhous, B--ch, Shredifier, uhh, several Norfleets, more Conference Calls, the Leech grenade mods... All very cool legendaries!

While playing with another friend, KnuckleDragger dropped a legendary too. I think it's the Hornet. I had that too in my bank, so I let her have it. I've also been playing in random lobbies. Half of the time, the random matchmaking says I lack the DLC or the group is incredibly incompetent. D:

I did find a second Badaboom on my own! It must think I'm its soul mate or something!

I don't have a level 50 Rubi yet. It's something I still need to farm. D:

@NecrumWarrior: No vault symbols in slots here. :( On a good day, I get one purple and one blue. I've hit Eridium jackpot several times. The loot is wayyyy better in the slots than in the vending machine. I hardly buy guns.

@Tabor: Finally added you to the list. I really want to replay BL1 now, but BL2 is just too amazing.

We apparently get a Valentines Day special/code, so tune in tomorrow! These things tend to expire in a few days!

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
It sure is lonely playing BL on PC on my own lol. My friend gave it to me on the condition that I played 2 hours a week with him. But now I'm the one asking him to play with me :P

I really want BL2, how long did it take for the GOTY for BL to come out? Cuz I want to buy the GOTY to get all the DLC and the game for cheaper (cuz I'm a cheap guy)

TwilightBlade

Years
Borderlands debuted on October 2009. I know I bought the GOTY edition in July 2012. You may have quite a wait, Tabor. :P

I couldn't wait for BL2. The DLC is kinda expensive right now for the few hours of campaign it offers.

Years
Borderlands GOTY came out on October 12, 2010 which is not even a full year since the first game was released on October 20, 2009. I am also waiting on a GOTY edition as well. Hopefully, there is some information about it once they release all the DLC later this year.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I couldn't wait for BL2. The DLC is kinda expensive right now for the few hours of campaign it offers.

Agreed, the DLC has been pretty disappointing to be honest. The Tourge one was absolutely incredible; the story was great, Tourge was hilarious and the gameplay was insane. Unfortunately Captain Scarlet and Sir Hammerlock couldn't follow this trend as they were both very disappointing imo. The pirate DLC certainly wasn't bad, but it was incredibly average considering how much it costs and I was hoping for a lot more from it. It does have some quirky characters and the reward at the end is wonderful, but I don't think it's worth paying much for. Hammerlock on the other hand I didn't enjoy at all - it feels like the story was put together by throwing darts at a board and the whole DLC just lowered the whole standard of the game. The new enemies were all very inventive and great fun to fight, but unfortunately you only get to fight most of them once or twice so that was a big let down. I guess I was just expecting more of an actual "Big Game Hunter" theme rather than some random scientist guy's story haha.

Years
I'm playing Borderlands 2 on PC as well.Just finished my first playthrough at Level 34. Axton Defensive Build. If anyone wants to play multi with me, my Steam link is in my postbit/profile/sig on here.

I'm not in any hurry to buy the DLC, I'll wait until it goes on special during one of the sales and I have the cash to throw at it. :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
I've been playing Borderlands since a few days after the original came out. I played that game for at least 200 hours, beat all the DLC with each character, and farmed Craw and Knoxx's Armory more times than I can possibly count.

When Borderlands 2 was announced I immediately pre-ordered the edition that came with an actual loot chest. I actually skipped my first class of the day with Alexial so we could head over to GameStop to pick it up. I've played as much Borderlands 2 as I can handle, but I still pick it up every now and again for a few minutes.

I originally played on the 360, but recently got a laptop that can handle most current-gen games very well, so I've been playing on Steam. I've got a level 50 Salvador and a level 36-37 Zero, both with plenty of legendary guns/shields/grenades/mods. If you'd like to play or trade, PM or VM me and I'll try to figure out how to play online through Steam (I'm not much for multiplayer games).

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
What I've been finding weird about BL2 lately is how, every time I do a new playthrough, it's so much more enjoyable than the last. I had a great time playing as Zer0, an amazing time being Maya, and now I'm playing as Axton and good luck dragging me away from him! I've just found that there are so many ways you can play it even though you've only got four distinct characters playing the same story every time. The replayability factor in this game's just gigantic. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 5, 2014
What I've been finding weird about BL2 lately is how, every time I do a new playthrough, it's so much more enjoyable than the last. I had a great time playing as Zer0, an amazing time being Maya, and now I'm playing as Axton and good luck dragging me away from him! I've just found that there are so many ways you can play it even though you've only got four distinct characters playing the same story every time. The replayability factor in this game's just gigantic. What do you guys think?

I couldn't agree more! I had more fun playing Salvador than I did Axton or Zer0, but they're all fun! I find the best thing to do once you've gotten through the game, farmed until your eyes are bleeding, and have exhausted all value from beating challenging enemies is to grab a version of WillowTree and just mod your guns until they're perfect.

I've been playing around with an Unkempt Harold that shoots 47 shots at once! Combined with The Bee (even the new one), I was able to take down Hyperius in 4 shots! Unfair as anything, but once you've beaten the raid bosses so many times it feel fantastic to just tank them immediately.

TwilightBlade

Years
I got the Season Pass! My twin brother paid for $20 and I paid the difference, $10. I downloaded and installed it, but I haven't played it much. I am saving it for Friday, as I start Spring Break then!

I did start the first mission in the Torgue DLC, and the opening cinematic was hilarious. I'm going to play that one first, and then eventually Scarlet and Hammerlock's DLC.

I finally got my third character, Zero, to level 50. All's left is Axton if Ozzy would play with me! I didn't quite enjoy playing as the Assassin because I'm so clumsy as I'd lose more health trying to melee to regain health, haha. The replayability factor is incredibly there, though. Also, I've entered random lobbies or added friends from the official Gearbox forums and I have a ton of legendary items now. This makes me want to collect the rest of them, too! I have farmed for The Sham, Quasar, and Bonus Package. I was unsuccessful in finding the Nukem and Black Hole, but someone cloned and given those to me now. In the next upcoming days, I'll be hunting for DLC-exclusive weapons. :)

Here's some golden keys for ya if you're needing some good loot, too.

Mar 10 from Randy Pitchford's Twitter

PC: KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
PS3: C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
Xbox 5BCJB-WBZS5-XZRTF-CF3BJ-B6BB6

Also, who's heard about the 6th Vault Hunter?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Also, who's heard about the 6th Vault Hunter?
Oh wow, I had no idea they were releasing a 6th vault hunter! I'm kind of disappointed since it was seeming like the reamining 8 (including Gaige) could've made up the playable characters for any future games, but I guess that's not so likely if there's 9. Ah well haha. The new character looks very interesting, I'm expecting some kind of Brick beat-down style of fighting? Blade assures me the CEO of the company said that won't be it, but I'm pretending she didn't say that and assuming he'll be mutant Brick! Very exciting indeed <3

TwilightBlade

Years
Here's some more Borderlands 2 News.

Gearbox is releasing a new free playthrough, called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, on April 2. Gearbox is also releasing a Level Cap Raise pack (to level 61), which includes Pearlescent weapons (free for Season Pass holders and $4.99 for every one else).

In May, Gearbox is releasing the 6th Vault Hunter, Krieg the Psycho, for $9.99. Gameplay footage.

In June, Gearbox is releasing the 4th DLC, which is included in the season pass.

I. am. stoked!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm playing the pirate dlc with Blade and it's lots of fun because, self-quoted, she is "p amazing right n_n". When I first saw the whole Captain Scarlet storyline I wasn't thrilled, but I'm loving this play-through much more than expected. Maybe it's just because Blade lets me hit her with cars all the time and stare at Axton's butt, or maybe it's just because Captain Scarlet is a wonderful tease and makes me want to live on her ship forever eating bandit meat, but either way the story has been incredibly enjoyable so far and I can't wait to get further! I hear there's some amazing loot to come so we'll keep updates posted <3

TwilightBlade

Years
Yeah I didn't know the Pirate DLC would be so much fun. The oasis environment was very pretty too. :) Captain Scarlet is more quirky than I expected. I thought she would be very serious, having built a pirate empire and all. I really like the hovercraft boat too. Ozzy and I are often fighting taking turns driving it. I can't wait to beat the Leviathan!

Get your golden keys while they're hot!

Shift Keys Posted 3/31/2013
PC/Mac: K3CBT-CT56C-ZC6TT-3BTTT-WJTRS
PS3: CT5JB-XJ3X3-CCCWT-ZJKJJ-KJ9KB
Xbox: C3CB3-FRHRR-JB9TR-W6TJB-CK3JF

Shift Keys Posted 3/29/2013
PC/Mac - KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ
PS3 - C35BB-SJFJS-WCZTR-KR3T3-BWZBW
Xbox - KTWBB-XBRT9-WWZ3R-WXTT3-S3SX9

Here's some more news. I'm very excited about the increase in backpack space and the ability to reset overall mission progress!

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
- New items in the Black Market:
- One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
- Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
- Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
- Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
- Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
- Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
- Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlescent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Krieg the Psycho's Details
Action Skill: Buzz Axe Rampage
Skill Trees: Hellborn, Mania, and Bloodlust
6 minutes of gameplay footage

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Oh wow, considering how long it's been since I last played, it seems there'll be a lot to return to. I haven't even gotten thatfar in the game yet, but considering a lot of it is DLC, I guess I'll have to let go of some money for the enchanced experience. Sounds like some of it is a load of fun though, so I'm guessing it'll be the money well-spent. But yeah, guess I'll have to get back to playing it soon, especially since free-time probably won't be an issue

TwilightBlade

Years
@Olli: Yeah you do need to get back into the swings of things. :D You still need to reach level 50!

Enjoy your new golden keys!
Shift Keys Posted 4/1/2013
PC/Mac: W3WBT-FJ5R5-HKX3J-TJT3T-KWB3S
PS3: 53KTT-STJF3-C5KK3-HJK3B-65ZRC
XBox: K35T3-9R9FR-3B9TF-CRTJT-6WXS9

Here is the full list of details concerning tomorrow's massive update.

I'm bummed out about how they're gonna fix the bug where you could exploit power ups from the Evil Smasher. Noooooo just how will I be able to get through ultimate vault hunter mode? My gear is kinda lousy. I'll have to throw out all of my cool purple weapons. D:

I'll either use my Gunzerker if playing alone or my nurse Siren if playing this online. I'm still not good at playing as the Assassin, and my Commando is level 36-ish.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
hey! I play BL2 sometimes, I'm not very high level though but it's fun~ I play on the PC :D

my favorite character is the engineer guy. I love my turret!

"say hello to the missus!"

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Sooooo I got the DLC! And it's brutal omg. The Volcano takes about 2-3 crits just tokill a Bullymong Brat when I'm playing as a Siren right now. This is gonna take a loooooong time, but it'll be worth it for the kinda rewards I'm expecting! i hope

Back