• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Vanguard (199 Regional variants, Gen 9) (NEW UPDATE! 6/29/2023)

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon_Vanguard.png

"Even within all the darkness, you will always find the light."
By Ayrei

Life of a Pokemon Trainer, leave home at a young age, collect Gym Badges and Pokemon, and take on the Pokemon league. It was what everyone aspired to be at a young age, and with such ease, anyone could do it.

That was over 50 years ago...

Enter Ayrei, the first region to enter the Modern era.

In this time, Pokemon Trainers are tasked with protecting the lives of both innocent people and Pokemon across the world. One cannot become or act as a Pokemon trainer without the proper training licensing. Against them, are the Renegades, those who claim the title of a Pokemon Trainer, yet oppose these modern laws and ideas.

You are awoken within this region, no memories, no Pokemon, only a name. With nowhere else to go, you are invited to Vanguard Academy, a school with only one purpose, to train the next generation of Pokemon Trainers.

Features

120+ Regional variants currently available

Enter Ayrei, a region split into four separate quadrants each blooming with life.

With every Pokemon from Gen 1-9 planned to be Available, you'll have a plethora of Pokemon to build your team out of!

Enter a new and engaging story that steers more towards an untraditional Pokemon story as it progresses.

Weaker and unpopular Pokemon have been given new evolutions to push them to their full potential!

Take on leaders of the past and earn rewards by fighting "Super Fans" found all over the region!

Custom player models

One of the most epic and unique soundtracks you will encounter in a Pokemon fangame

Upgraded UI

Side quests

Three difficulty modes

In party move relearner (Like PLA)

The Pokewheel! Spend ingame money for a chance to get rare Pokemon!

Enhanced Gen 4 Graphics

30 Starters to choose from!

Nearly every available Pokemon has had a buff or change to their stats!

Screenshots

Blank_12_Grids_Collage_1.png

Download
Spreadsheet Guide

Current version ends at Chapter 21, around 17-18 hours of gameplay available

Credits
Spoiler:

The discord
https://discord.gg/sr24E8keRs
Why join the discord?
I'm not always online this site or others that I have this game posted on.
Joining the discord allows easy access to bug reporting, game patches, progress updates, beta testing, and more.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Looks really beautiful. Any ETAs on a demo release?

Thank you, I have all the maps and events completed up to the first gym just polishing up things such as Custom overworld sprites, Region map, Custom trainer sprites etc. I would expect a demo no later than 2 weeks from now but that could always change.

wkduffy

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Thank you, I have all the maps and events completed up to the first gym just polishing up things such as Custom overworld sprites, Region map, Custom trainer sprites etc. I would expect a demo no later than 2 weeks from now but that could always change.

Very nice. I'm definitely gonna check this out.
Any plans to include the PBS files? I'm giving my own hand a shot at development and I've learned a lot from peeking through PBS files on other fangames and comparing how they do similar things.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Very nice. I'm definitely gonna check this out.
Any plans to include the PBS files? I'm giving my own hand a shot at development and I've learned a lot from peeking through PBS files on other fangames and comparing how they do similar things.

Not entirely sure yet

wkduffy

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Not entirely sure yet

Well if my opinion matters for anything, I'd suggest leaving them in. Locking it all down and hiding the information from others goes against the spirit of Essentials. It's open source and developers should be open to sharing things with others in the community, not hiding things away out of fear that other people might benefit from it.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Well if my opinion matters for anything, I'd suggest leaving them in. Locking it all down and hiding the information from others goes against the spirit of Essentials. It's open source and developers should be open to sharing things with others in the community, not hiding things away out of fear that other people might benefit from it.

Not worried about people being able to see the PBS files just worried about people having the ability to go in and change things around.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
Why would that be an issue?

Changing things in the pbs files could screw with some things in the game which I guess wouldn't be a problem on my side but still just not entirely sure about it.

wkduffy

Banned
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Changing things in the pbs files could screw with some things in the game which I guess wouldn't be a problem on my side but still just not entirely sure about it.

I'm not seeing how or why that would be a problem though. Giving the players that would like to modify the game to further their own enjoyment the ability to do so at their leisure could only be a net gain, I'd imagine. The few people who want to edit things or study them are free to do so and the people who are interested in playing the game are free to do so. I can't see any reason to cut off the people who would like to mess around with it except for petty authoritarianism.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
I'm not seeing how or why that would be a problem though. Giving the players that would like to modify the game to further their own enjoyment the ability to do so at their leisure could only be a net gain, I'd imagine. The few people who want to edit things or study them are free to do so and the people who are interested in playing the game are free to do so. I can't see any reason to cut off the people who would like to mess around with it except for petty authoritarianism.

Yeah thats true

Years
Will there be any proper fonts installed or just this? This font has given me nightmare since forever. But still, can't wait to try this one out!

Bulky Ledian

Banned
Years
A mysterious organization terrorizing the continent.
A government that almost refuses to anything about it.
Is this political commentary?
It's rare to see such a thing in a fangame and rarer still to see it done well, I'll have to keep a keen eye on this.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
For those of you interested in playing the game I am just finishing up the first demo which I plan to release this coming weekend!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hmm. This looks highly intriguing. I am going to have to play this when it comes out. Good luck!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen yesterday
I have updated the games thread as I've made decent progress on it. I would however appreciate some help when it comes to Character art and overworld sprites. If you are interested in helping me please contact me on discord @Ayrei#5764 or on pokecommunity :)

Last edited:
Back