• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the water closet closet

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Anon 1848

An intoxicated 60 year old man crossed the double yellow lines directly into head on traffic on a busy highway. He was arrested for DUI, had an open bottle of wine, and over 100 prescription sleeping pills in the car. My fiance was cleared of any involvement in the incident, and our only saving grace is that this dude was insured. Apparently he lives in Florida, was driving a car registered in Kentucky, and ended up in New Jersey to pile drive us. The police report theorizes he was actually attempting suicide. :(

My fiance was pretty beat up. Not enough to be hospitalized long term, but enough that it's a problem and could present more in the future. Right now we're worried about and monitoring for nerve damage. All things considered though, he ****in' walked away from that wreck and that's a blessing on its own. <33

That's awful. Hope he makes a full recovery soon.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
Yeah that's really messed up and what a massively unfortunate turn of events that it ended up affecting your life. Also yeah nerve damage was my first thought of the worst potential problem at this point. I hope he makes a full recovery.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Thank you all. I will pass on your messages. They're very appreciated!

And things are slowly getting better, so no worries! The next big hurdle is buying a new car. ( ̄へ ̄)

Years
yeahhh that is just awful, fortunately it wasn't worse than it could have been and he's okay. @_@ all the best :heart:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

And things are slowly getting better, so no worries! The next big hurdle is buying a new car. ( ̄へ ̄)
I wish both of you all the best, Fairy! > <
<3

Years
Ah, thank you!

An intoxicated 60 year old man crossed the double yellow lines directly into head on traffic on a busy highway. He was arrested for DUI, had an open bottle of wine, and over 100 prescription sleeping pills in the car. My fiance was cleared of any involvement in the incident, and our only saving grace is that this dude was insured. Apparently he lives in Florida, was driving a car registered in Kentucky, and ended up in New Jersey to pile drive us. The police report theorizes he was actually attempting suicide. :(

My fiance was pretty beat up. Not enough to be hospitalized long term, but enough that it's a problem and could present more in the future. Right now we're worried about and monitoring for nerve damage. All things considered though, he fuckin' walked away from that wreck and that's a blessing on its own. <33
I'm glad he's ok! Wow, that's insane. :(

Oof, that's no picnic either. Do y'all have anything in mind?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ah, jeez, thank you so much for the kind words, everyone. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Oof, that's no picnic either. Do y'all have anything in mind?

We did, right up until the insurance company told us the car is worth about 2k less than we expected. :c Honestly though, probably just going to get some cute used Honda Civic or another Hyundai or something.

polymorphism

Years
Well at least they're giving you something out of it. Have they given you a car in the meantime to get around?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yeah we've got a rental right now. It's not exactly top of the line at all but it drives and that's more than enough for us!

And on a good note, the insurance company has increased our payout slightly after showing receipts for the meticulous care the car has before the crash. It's not much but every little bit helps! :)

Years
Yeah we've got a rental right now. It's not exactly top of the line at all but it drives and that's more than enough for us!

And on a good note, the insurance company has increased our payout slightly after showing receipts for the meticulous care the car has before the crash. It's not much but every little bit helps! :)

well that's great!! re: your last post, i vote honda civic. they're such cute cars!
i had a hyundai for a few years and just wasn't the biggest fan.

polymorphism

Years
Speaking of transportation thinking about using my own 2 feet in order to relieve some excess weight from my body tomorrow morning and for many mornings to come. I usually wake up pretty early anyway so I'm thinking I have nothing to lose.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I highly recommend walking for weight loss. Last year I dropped like 20lbs by just walking and it gave me the stamina / self esteem to be able to actually start going to a gym!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back