• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Night

Anti

return of the king
Years
THE DATE AND TIME
GMT -5: 8 AM / GMT 0: 1 PM / GMT +10: 11 PM
January 7th

Community Night will start at 8 AM, which will involve chatting until around 11 AM when the tournaments begin (because of an issue...). "Clan rush" will most likely happen at 10 AM or something similar. (Times listed are GMT -5.)

TOURNAMENT THEMES
BW OU
RBY OU
1 vs. 1
Challenge Cup

We've waited around long enough. Time for ComNight!

In case you don't know what exactly that means, Community Night is a period of about three hours (though you definitely don't have to be on for all of them) where we have a few tournaments and just hang out. It's not supposed to be super-competitive or anything like that, though winning tournaments is exciting! You don't have to be experienced at competitive play at all. It's more of a social event than anything else.

This thread is basically just to get a time that works for the most amount of people possible. Time zones are obviously an issue and not everyone can make it, but we'll do our best to get a good date and time slot. You should probably post here to give us an idea of what those should be, and obviously we'll make sure it's okay with the majority of people.

You can also post tournament ideas! We will have standard BW OU as one tournament, but the rest can be really just about anything. It could be no weather or a gen 4 UU tournament...whatever you guys want!

Last but certainly not least is the fact that for this particular comnight we will be launching three clans in Tournaments and Events! In the context of comnight, this means that you will be able to join one of the three clans. It's nonbinding, so it's worth a shot!

Post away with time/dates/ideas/whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
1v1 derp Pokemon tournament C: I call dibs on Stunfisk =p

That aside I remember previous comm. nights where I wanted to join but I couldn't because of issues with the schedule. What's really needed is a schedule that will work for everyone! GMT+8 here, and I'm all up for this.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
1v1 derp Pokemon tournament C: I call dibs on Stunfisk =p

That aside I remember previous comm. nights where I wanted to join but I couldn't because of issues with the schedule. What's really needed is a schedule that will work for everyone! GMT+8 here, and I'm all up for this.

I second this. ;-;

ALSO. I'm in. :) Hopefully it'll be a fun night. GMT +0 :)

Anti

return of the king
Years
Well no one has really suggested times so Nica and I made one ourselves! As of now ComNight is on Saturday, January 7th (I'm p sure that's a saturday lol :x) so yeah...if you can't do it or want a different date or whatever, speak up now so we can change it!!!!!!

If everyone/nearly everyone is okay with this, we can decide on a suitable time to involve as many time zones/people as possible!

Perriechu

Years
I'M SPEAKING UP YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYY

Why not like... the 5th/6th/8th/9th ANYTHING BUT. ;-;

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I SPEAK UP TO DECLARE THAT I LIKE THE NUMBER EIGHT BETTER BECAUSE OF REASONS :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
CC tour

also i'm good any day

Years
As of now ComNight is on Saturday, January 7th (I'm p sure that's a saturday lol :x) !

What time and in which time zone would this be taking place? Because that could well end up being Sunday here.

I should be fine for it. The 6th is busy for me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...Can I suggest the Sunday? I don't know if everyone else is busy that day, but it's the best for me. Otherwise I'll probably be working.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...Can I suggest the Sunday? I don't know if everyone else is busy that day, but it's the best for me. Otherwise I'll probably be working.

You live in Australia, so the Sunday would actually be a Saturday, so... you're suggesting Saturday anyway. XD

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...oh, I knew that... :x

Still, I hope I can make it... I've never been good with time conversions :x

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Any day is fine with me really but friday would be a biiiit more convenient ;o;

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Just in case anyone is wondering, the date is going to be January 7th. More users are fine with that day instead of the 6th.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
Since I'm not doing anything tomorrow now, I'll be pretty much free all day. :3 I'll just be wasting away on PO until it starts. :>

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Now that the date's all figured up, I realized the only really suitable time for me is 5PM GMT-5. 8 AM GMT-5 could work too, but that's like 9PM here and there's school for me the day after that. :x

Either way, decision's up to ya'lls.i also do not know why i did not include that 3rd option when i voted D:

Back