• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
To the people who can't get passed the hole: you are probably missing some other events beforehand

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Do we know offhand any Pokémon that only have a 1% chance of appearing?

Also added a Growlithe to my team last nite. Ended the evening parked on Route 402, was busy today, will probably play again 2morrow if not a wee bit this evening.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
UUUGGGHHHH.....i'm stuck again....at Flamerny city, don't know where to go.....gym is blocked and I can't get into the cave MT. Volcano because some guy says that only some trainers are allowed to get in here

Please , anybody ??? This game is really great and I want to continue playing it

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Yes, I battled her, then i want into the pokeball factory, and now I can't go anywhere :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
e01.png
e02m.png

In these two images, I am facing a tile that should be walkable but for some reason has not been flagged as passable.

pd01.png
pd02.png

The grammar in the Pokédex entries needs work still. So far the storyline bits, trainer comments, etc. aren't too bad.

I am at the Feebas appearance area of the storyline. I have used my Pokéballs thinking I can buy more, and now cannot capture the Lv.3 Feebas facing me. Obviously I have to move on without it, but will I be able to capture another later? (EDIT: Never mind, I see I can...I just thought of checking the Pokédex just now and found it's the one to be found in the most places.)

Humorously, one can run away from the Feebas and it vanishes...should be a no-run battle methinks...

Speaking of the Pokédex, nice mix of Pokémon in later areas of those already seen in trainer battles; I look forward to getting a Stunky for some reason among the Fakémon. Glameow appeared to me occasionally on Route 402, and I think it's the strangest looking so far, but I believe it replaces Skitty due to the Fake Out move...am I right? I don't think Meowth learns it that early. (I also just looked it up, and Stunky too; clearly I don't know the Gen. IV Pokémon yet, though the Gen. V stand out having completed the Unova Dex.) However, now that I am looking at the Pokédex, why is Charmander's entry not added to the Dex at 004? And why is Feebas the last entry at 140 when I have Pokémon over that? I thought Oak gave us the National Dex? Cascoon (and eventually Silcoon/Beautifly, but that's it for now, though Wurmple is also missing) at 268, Shinx at 270, Chikorita at 152, and Elekid at 239 should all be appearing...

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2020
I've been trying all day to challenge the flamerny gym and I know you have to battle professor Ellie to get into the cave. The only this is I can't find professor Ellie anywhere to battle her. I even went back to the lab where she only repeats the the same dialogue over and over again. One weird thing did happen though because the game did a complete loop where I got to pick my starter again and I had to fight Pearl and Yellow again. I did all the events again but Professor Ellie still won't battle me. Is this a glitch? and does this mean I can't go on? I can't do the walk through walls cheat either because I play on vizzed.com and prefer not to download things on my computer if I don't have to since my laptop is really slow.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I've been trying all day to challenge the flamerny gym and I know you have to battle professor Ellie to get into the cave. The only this is I can't find professor Ellie anywhere to battle her. I even went back to the lab where she only repeats the the same dialogue over and over again. One weird thing did happen though because the game did a complete loop where I got to pick my starter again and I had to fight Pearl and Yellow again. I did all the events again but Professor Ellie still won't battle me. Is this a glitch? and does this mean I can't go on? I can't do the walk through walls cheat either because I play on vizzed.com and prefer not to download things on my computer if I don't have to since my laptop is really slow.
It's always better to download the latest beta when you start playing. That way, if you hear of a new build, you can replace it yourself without waiting for the site to update; if you then find a game-stalling glitch that works in the older version, you can swap them back around to get around it then go back to the new version, etc. (Provided the area in question isn't new in the build you have the problem in.)

That's just one example. Let's also assume your Internet dies briefly. You can keep playing locally, not on the site.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
The grammar in the Pok?dex entries needs work still. So far the storyline bits, trainer comments, etc. aren't too bad.
I already stated I won't be changing Wesley's Sinnoh dex entries because of how much of a royal pain in the ass it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Guys, jeez. If there's a post you believe breaks the rules, please just report it. That's the most helpful thing you can do- do NOT start arguments. Keep the discussion focused on the hack, and let that be it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
Well you just need to press A button next to it and you will automatically go inside it... I didn;t know there is an event related with its accessibility

You can actually access the hole before needing to go down it. In order to be able to go down it, you have to have defeated the gym leader (I forgot which one, but it was the one that needed you to find Shinx, Snorlax, and Steelix).

Also, I can't seem to find any of the legendary pokemon at the World Champ's. The caves and mountains are empty where they normally should be standing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So once again I come across a wild Pok?mon by script, a Pichu. Of course, I have no balls (no dirty jokes, please). This one is AREA UNKNOWN, meaning I won't see it again? Or am I later able to find a Pikachu/Raichu somewhere, and perhaps breed it?

EDIT: Now in 403. One thing I noticed particularly with 402 and 403 is, when entering the Route (402 from either side), you find people suddenly appearing on the screen as if a magician cast a spell. Also, the presence of Red (nice, BTW) and his Croagunk actually causes a massive slowdown due to too many sprites on the screen in 403. Might it have been better to plop him at the beginning of the Route next to the first funny-looking tree, thus clearing the script immediately and preventing this problem? Sure, you might need additional script markers, but it's better than slowing down the game. The university talking guy (who is the one who magically appears in 403) could be moved further into the Route, then. I see that the funny trees are indeed people events and thus sprites, not landscaping, which is what I believe leads to the slowdown.

Again, this is just IMO.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also, I can't seem to find any of the legendary pokemon at the World Champ's. The caves and mountains are empty where they normally should be standing.
Have you done everything needed for legendaries to appear?
You need to beat specific characters on specific places to make some legendaries appear.
You can check Wes' page for detailed info.

EDIT: Now in 403. One thing I noticed particularly with 402 and 403 is, when entering the Route (402 from either side), you find people suddenly appearing on the screen as if a magician cast a spell. Also, the presence of Red (nice, BTW) and his Croagunk actually causes a massive slowdown due to too many sprites on the screen in 403. Might it have been better to plop him at the beginning of the Route next to the first funny-looking tree, thus clearing the script immediately and preventing this problem? Sure, you might need additional script markers, but it's better than slowing down the game. The university talking guy (who is the one who magically appears in 403) could be moved further into the Route, then. I see that the funny trees are indeed people events and thus sprites, not landscaping, which is what I believe leads to the slowdown.
It's interesting that noone else reported this...
Isn't the problem with your emulator?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It's interesting that noone else reported this...
Isn't the problem with your emulator?
No, I do not believe the problem is with a stable release of the most popular emulator out there. After all, Nintendo itself has released games with this type of problem. Remember Super Mario Bros. 3 from 1988? If you ever played that in the original form on the NES (I have numerous times), in World 1-2, at the final pipe spitting out Goombas towards the goal, you can stand and wait for four to come on screen which, coupled with the Paratroopa flying in, slows down everything including Mario as you walk to the goal to get your 1-Up for having five enemies on-screen. This is the effect I'm talking about, the slowdown from too much sprite action for the system to handle. It happens in official games, too. I don't know if it's ever happened in an official Pok?mon game, but I haven't seen it until now. I've seen it in other cases in the same game (SMB3) as well.

Cyclone

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Oooh, as for the Pichu issue, I know for a fact that you can catch wild Pikachu in the Meadow Zone in the Safari Zone. I've played through the hack before but I can not remember if you can breed Pokemon, and if so, where at the moment. :x As for the Poke Ball issue, one thing I found is that by carrying a Bidoof around with me, thanks to its Pick Up ability I'd occasionally get Ultra Balls.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oooh, as for the Pichu issue, I know for a fact that you can catch wild Pikachu in the Meadow Zone in the Safari Zone. I've played through the hack before but I can not remember if you can breed Pokemon, and if so, where at the moment. :x As for the Poke Ball issue, one thing I found is that by carrying a Bidoof around with me, thanks to its Pick Up ability I'd occasionally get Ultra Balls.
A Bidoof already found me a Nugget. My first reaction was: "MONEY!"

And if that's true about the Safari Zone, I'd be wise to backtrack and search for Pichu. How common are the Pichus there? I wish we had a list of all Pok?mon that can be found; I ought to go looking for that in AdvanceMap.

EDIT: Another bug. The custom (I think) music when entering Route 403 and the music emerging from a battle on Route 403 are not the same piece of music. After a battle, it changes over to a recognizable theme from R/S/E. Not that I have a problem with that theme, just that the music should be the same.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Back