• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jun 10, 2013
Hey guys where to find Snorlax and Steelix in order to beat the poison gym in lauren ?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Remember Super Mario Bros. 3 from 1988?
I do. It was a game on the NES. This is a game on the GBA. Think it through. The problem's on your end.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I do. It was a game on the NES. This is a game on the GBA. Think it through. The problem's on your end.
On the contrary, GBA also has a sprite limit. It doesn't always occur; in fact, right now I'm training there without any slowdowns. I think it's when the 402 sprites are registered onscreen at the same time that I have the problem.

After I do a little training at the start of the Route, I'll start working my way through; I did a dry run using save states and found the event halfway through. Once those are cleared, I don't think there will be any further problem.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2013
so i am playing and after i beat team steam in their base they are all standing at the entrance but i cant talk to them what do i do now?!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
On the contrary, GBA also has a sprite limit. It doesn't always occur; in fact, right now I'm training there without any slowdowns. I think it's when the 402 sprites are registered onscreen at the same time that I have the problem.

After I do a little training at the start of the Route, I'll start working my way through; I did a dry run using save states and found the event halfway through. Once those are cleared, I don't think there will be any further problem.

Cyclone

Using the exact same emulator as you, I played that part before and had no lag whatsoever. I don't even think there are 402 sprites on that area if I'm honest at any one time... But if there is, it hasn't caused lag problems for anyone else as far as we know.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Strange. Well, it happens only occasionally, not constantly...and only right there. It hasn't happened anywhere else in the hack (so far).

BTW, when I say 402 and 403 sprites, cross over from one Route to the other. Briefly, sprites from both maps are onscreen on the same shot. Going far enough into the Route and back removes one until you cross into the other Route again. I think when the 402 one is showing while in 403 it causes the slowdown. After going in a bit it seems to go away, hence why I think having sprites onscreen from both contributes to it.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
Oooh, as for the Pichu issue, I know for a fact that you can catch wild Pikachu in the Meadow Zone in the Safari Zone. I've played through the hack before but I can not remember if you can breed Pokemon, and if so, where at the moment. :x As for the Poke Ball issue, one thing I found is that by carrying a Bidoof around with me, thanks to its Pick Up ability I'd occasionally get Ultra Balls.
Apparently you can catch Pichu quite early where you battle Rival Diamond for the first time...to the right of Central City

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
What to do after Luaren league? I just beat it and whent back home....now where should i go?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Apparently you can catch Pichu quite early where you battle Rival Diamond for the first time...to the right of Central City
Actually, that's why I brought it up. I didn't have any balls left. My question is where ELSE can it be found, or Pikachu to later breed perhaps.

I have JUST looked in AdvanceMap. Pikachu appears in the Safari Zone with a 5% chance of showing up. I'm thinking of changing that 4% one to a Pichu on my copy (leaving Pikachu the 1%); the reason for this being that there is no other Pichu noted anywhere that I know of (unless there's another event later, I dunno), and I don't know if there is a breeding center. If there IS a breeding center, then my problem will solve itself and I will just catch Pikachu, but I'm not hanging around the Safari Zone quite yet (I should make a list of catchables however and do some planning, I need water types; also, I already have a Shinx and an Elekid).

EDIT: All right, where did the bad guys come from all of a sudden in the forest? There was no storyline of their appearing, you just return to the hive where the angry Combees were located and suddenly there are grunts hanging around the place...also, do we ever get the Running Shoes? I'm tired of the snail's pace walking.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Why do you need Pichu so badly? o.O Pichu and evolutions are absolutely uncomparable to any electric evo-line you can encounter (Shinx-line, Tynamo-line, heck, even Elekid-line)
There's no another Pichu event, though.

There was a storyline. You enter the city, Combees are attacking, why are they attacking? Because the bad guys showed up. What do you need more? ;)
Yes, you get Running Shoes soon.
And you still seem to have troubles with speed... Don't tell me... you don't use speed button! o.O

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Oh, I wasn't making the storyline connection. So the bad guys are in fact attacking their hive or something. The thing that confuses me is why the bad guys weren't there, then suddenly a moment later they magically appear. Then the Gym Leader claims they are attacking residents, but you can walk throughout the city and there's the guy to the north unfazed by what is happening.

Why do I want Pichu so badly? I'm a completionist; I always go for a full Pokédex. Hence why having no way to buy Pokéballs (I noticed the Pokémart blocked as well in the new city, that's a drag) is currently annoying me; I've left a lot of Pokémon behind. I'll likely be going for the Safari Zone soon to get some more low-level Pokémon to help catch the others along the way; that is, once I can buy Pokéballs for the ones in the main areas. ;) (Granted, some Electric types will never see the light of day again; Blitzle will likely take up residence in my PC, and Shinx too once I have Pichu/Pikachu.)

EDIT:

inhoreshop.png

Do they sell anything normal for this early in the game? Would like a regular old Pokéball here, don't really want to drop $1,200 on a high-powered version, just want to catch some weaker-leveled Pokémon in standard balls...

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2022
Cyclone, I'm just warning you, if your already having problems with how this hack is designed you really wont enjoy it at all. Its one of those hacks where you have to be absorbed into the new graphics to enjoy it or realise how bad the plot, character development etc was. Great scripting just a downright bad attempt at a good plot. Also ncs are repetitive like mad don't talk to most of them. You probably will have a ton of pokemon given to you..... If I continue I'll go on to explain the many things completely wrong in this hack. Try to enjoy it it took me 70 parts to do a bilnd LP which happened to be the only LP I did not enjoy recording.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Cyclone, I'm just warning you, if your already having problems with how this hack is designed you really wont enjoy it at all. Its one of those hacks where you have to be absorbed into the new graphics to enjoy it or realise how bad the plot, character development etc was. Great scripting just a downright bad attempt at a good plot. Also ncs are repetitive like mad don't talk to most of them. You probably will have a ton of pokemon given to you..... If I continue I'll go on to explain the many things completely wrong in this hack. Try to enjoy it it took me 70 parts to do a bilnd LP which happened to be the only LP I did not enjoy recording.
Duly noted, and thank you...yeah, already stumbled upon Starter Gift #3, and already know about the repetitive comments made by NPCs (especially post-battle, Team Steam all seems to have the same manner of speech). With the lack of standard Pokéballs and the large number of hacks available, I might have to flop around again. It's not really enjoyable having to spend all the time grinding for a half hour or hour just to start the game, and having to use all the regular Pokéballs on standard fare Pokémon.

Currently at the Gym and debating whether I really feel like continuing. I was planning to do my first LP attempt (lame as it will be) on a hack I really enjoy. I'm not sure this qualifies.

With that said, I did somehow construct maps of some of the cities and areas in between. They at least show the nice scenery, which it seems was the focus of the hack.

Cyclone

Years
Actually, that's why I brought it up. I didn't have any balls left. My question is where ELSE can it be found, or Pikachu to later breed perhaps.

I have JUST looked in AdvanceMap. Pikachu appears in the Safari Zone with a 5% chance of showing up. I'm thinking of changing that 4% one to a Pichu on my copy (leaving Pikachu the 1%); the reason for this being that there is no other Pichu noted anywhere that I know of (unless there's another event later, I dunno), and I don't know if there is a breeding center. If there IS a breeding center, then my problem will solve itself and I will just catch Pikachu, but I'm not hanging around the Safari Zone quite yet (I should make a list of catchables however and do some planning, I need water types; also, I already have a Shinx and an Elekid).

EDIT: All right, where did the bad guys come from all of a sudden in the forest? There was no storyline of their appearing, you just return to the hive where the angry Combees were located and suddenly there are grunts hanging around the place...also, do we ever get the Running Shoes? I'm tired of the snail's pace walking.

Cyclone
Sorry pal but you have gotten the chance to capture it.. I know you just have 1-2 Ultra Ballz at that stage... that is why you said you can't catch it.. Is that right??? have you talked with professor jasmine after you got back from the maferney beach where Oak event occured.???

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
BUMP! anyone can help me? i really dont know where to go...

After beating the Lauren League(that's the second region, right?), go to Yellow Town and Ash will give you a ticket to go to the World Championship.
After you do that, you can go around and catch the rest of the legendary Pokemon if you want. If you need any help, like where the legendaries are, go to Wesley's Weebly site.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Sorry pal but you have gotten the chance to capture it.. I know you just have 1-2 Ultra Ballz at that stage... that is why you said you can't catch it.. Is that right??? have you talked with professor jasmine after you got back from the maferney beach where Oak event occured.???
Given the difficulty of the initial section of the game and feeling I had to use all those Pokéballs early, dangling the only wild Pichu in the game in front of the player after using them (BTW, I had no Ultra Balls or balls of ANY type at that point since they cannot be purchased in Central City, I did later acquire one via Pickup and another lying around) is like teasing a dog by holding a bone just a little too high for them to grab it. Also, without going back to Yellow Town, you can't access the wild Pichu (Route 402 is blocked by a trainer battle, one whom you later battle when you progress).

If you can breed one later, then great, I can do that (can anyone answer this BTW?). I'm going to do the first Gym and see if I can unlock regular Pokéballs at the shop. If not, I might be done with this hack. I can obviously plant Pichu in the grass in 402 if I really want it (seems the same capturable data, Lv.5, Route 402 met, etc.), but not having standard Pokéballs is just going a little far for a hack.

Cyclone

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Then stop playing.
Regular Pokéballs (beside the ones obtained from Jasmine) aren't available until the second half of Zhery.
You seem to dig too deep so as uran said, you will surely not enjoy this hack if you have so many issues. ;)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Then stop playing.
Regular Pokéballs (beside the ones obtained from Jasmine) aren't available until the second half of Zhery.
You seem to dig too deep so as uran said, you will surely not enjoy this hack if you have so many issues. ;)
Hmm, I see...so Ultra Balls, Pokéballs, and Great Balls available in that order (the cheap ones around the time the Great Balls normally would be, and Great when the Ultra normally would be). Very strange that the best and most expensive ball is first! The potions would be the most annoying part of the whole thing, but typically I try not to use those even in normal games until I'm in places like the final Gym Battles or the E4.

I'm still undecided on whether I will stop playing. I mean, I can always backtrack later. I just wish I knew regular Pokéballs weren't going to be available before using them all. LMAO

Cyclone

Back