• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why did your last relationship end?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
If you've never been in a romantic relationship, you can use friendships or any interpersonal relationship for your story.

Honest

Hi!
Years
It wasn't romantic, but I had to cut my last relationship after the first date when I realized I wasn't going to be able to commit, since I still had feelings for someone else.

Years
My last relationship ended because attraction was all it had going for it really. We both care about each other a lot to this day, but not in a romantic sense.

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
My last girlfriend left me over a text. She told me she had to be honest with me and said that she loved someone else. She had initially gotten with me to make him jealous and never intended to stay with me. However, she was attracted to me too. Just not as much as she was him. In the end she claims she couldn't keep leading me on because she knew I wasn't the one she really wanted.

Our relationship lasted a little over a year. She left me the day before Valentines day while I was in class. Suffice to say I left early that day feeling a little embarrassed and stupid.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I discovered that while my partner loved me their intentions on being with me were disgusting. It seriously only lasted for three to four days and I ended it two days before Valentines.

Then again it was abroad tier long-distance, so I feel we'd never meet each other anyway.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I think distance is the main relationship-killer in my life, it's the cause of 2/3 of my past relationships!

Wasn't the distance itself, I think, but more the time it would take for there to be no distance - if that makes sense? Like when we were stuck at university for two more years over 300 miles apart.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
My last relationship ended because she moved. We both kind of agreed that a long distance relationship probably wouldn't work out too well. Also, if she hadn't moved, I don't think the relationship would have lasted too long anyway. I felt as if we were drifting apart.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I ended my last relationship because her roommate is a freakin' whackjob, but we got back together pretty recently. That roommate, though. I tell you what, man, I've seen some crazy people before but she definitely takes the cake. She called the police because she caught me putting clear gelatin in their toilet tank.

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
My last relationship ended early last year when I was dating a girl from Florida. It got really bitter in the end. :(

Anyway now I'm dating a girl from Minnesota (when I thought I promised myself I'd never have an LDR again) and she is wonderful. All is good

Long distance relationships can be tough. You have to be strong, understanding and patient. I really hated not being able to hold the person I was in a LDR with a while back. It was torture sometimes. Especially when you want to be there for them but you're trapped behind your phone or computer. :(

Keep strong, and never give up. LDRs can work!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My last official relationship ended because the guy was a jerk that cheated on me with my best friend and threatened me during the relationship. I've since made up with my friend, and he was far worse to her. I'm glad I got out of there, though I wish I had done it sooner.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
You know, had a great girl once named Ashley.. We were chill together and it was always fun, but the love died so we both moved on. We're just best friends now and talk to eachother all the time, share secrets and go to eachother for support when we each have ever growing bad relationship experiences with others.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
She lost interest in me due to our major differences, knowing it will not work out in the end. I however was blinded by attraction... Fast forward 4 months and now I can't even think about how I was attracted to her in the first place, the memory of asking her out makes me shudder!
Well, at least it taught me a good lesson to stay out of relationships until you deep down know what you want and to be completely ready for it.

Sirfetch’d

I'd rather not get into too many details because its personal, but it was a one sided relationship where I was the only one who cared and I was basically being used. I was oblivious though :[

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
I'd rather not get into too many details because its personal, but it was a one sided relationship where I was the only one who cared and I was basically being used. I was oblivious though :[

Aww.. I've been through that. It can be tough, but you'll only become stronger. :-)

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
well,i'll talk about friendship then

My last friendship ended because...i don't really know but it's both of us fault..we went to different classes and then to different colleges....it slowly was ending..i don't know who's fault it was but it just didn't meant to be...though,i wish the best for her and her family,there was happy time we spent together after all.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have yet to have a romantic relationship with anyone, so I'll talk about how my friendship with my best friend ended.

My last relationship, well with my best friend not romantic what so ever, ended because I wouldn't give them too much space for himself. It's my fault really. I thought we were still really good friend like we were in grade school, but it turned out we weren't as close as we were. Though I thought differently and so i'd hang around him at every opportunity I could. So then he basically told me I was hovering him to much and that we shouldn't be friend, which made me devastated.

We're on better terms now and speak more but I wouldn't say we're best friend, just good friends, may just acquaintances. I no longer have a best friend anymore, just a bunch of good friends now.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
A few reasons. He went off to uni three hours away and I don't do well with distance. I like cuddling and physical affection. But also he was very interested in sex and I wanted nothing to do with it. So the end of the summer after senior year I broke up with him. We're still best friends though! Being in a relationship for like a year and a half just strengthened that and really we can talk about anything. ie he's doing better at not pressing his sexual urges onto his current girlfriend. Glad I could give him constructive feedback. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
Years
Well, she cheated on me while I was on holiday. As soon as I found out, I ended things immediately, and I've gradually been feeling better ^_^

Back