• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
awesome hackrom, is really fun to play it, thank you for it :D

i have a problem after the movie chapter, i defeat mewtwo but when i came back home the event for "make room for gloom" does not trigger.

¿is there a solution for this bug?

if someone can tell me i will be very grateful.

I've had that same bug several times. If you use cheat codes, it activates it I'm pretty sure. I found no solution but to start a completely new rom and play without the cheats. Activate them after you get to the indigo league. Bad news is you have to start over. Good news is you get to play the game again :) haha. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
Here are the links, I think I have 5 posts if I am right. Marvel at the glory of scripting power https://www.youtube.com/user/blazemon12/videos and for changing the cry, I'm pretty sure it's something that's hard but not that hard to do and you just choose to focus on scripting events and mapping but anyway here's an example of changing the cry. The link I provided only shows Pikachu's cry being changed but from some other things I have seen you can change the 3 starters cries https://www.youtube.com/user/PuertoRicanLover15/videos btw I'm pretty sure the person in the link I provided his account is dead and he speaks only spanish but you can download his rom still and maybe ask him for the scripts

*download his rom hack

I think the person in the first link I provided is Serg!0

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2016
I don't know scripting myself otherwise I would offer to help finish this project. It's sad that its almost finished but there yet. I definitely think it should include the follow me script to give you the full anime feeling. And the link you posted shows that someone have the script working on fire red so it should be possible to copy and implement I think. I hope this game someday finishes and someone does the same for johto as well.

99cone99

99cone99
Years
  • Age 25
  • uk
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
HELP METAPOD23 OR ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS AN URGE TO HELP ME

I downloaded the .ips file and didn't know what to do with it, I used google to open it then realised I needed vbs to run it. I downloaded Pokémon FireRed and the vbs
but the Ash Grey version doesn't work.

I think this is because I opened it with google

I changed it to open with vbs (using open with, vbs)

Can I fix It, or have I Ballzed it up.

Years
HELP METAPOD23 OR ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS AN URGE TO HELP ME

I downloaded the .ips file and didn't know what to do with it, I used google to open it then realised I needed vbs to run it. I downloaded Pokémon FireRed and the vbs
but the Ash Grey version doesn't work.

I think this is because I opened it with google

I changed it to open with vbs (using open with, vbs)

Can I fix It, or have I Ballzed it up.

1. Download Lunar IPS patcher
2. Download a Fire Red rom
3. Patch the Ash Gray patch with the Lunar Patcher on the Fire Red Rom
4. Open the patched rom in an Gameboy emulator

Have Fun

99cone99

99cone99
Years
  • Age 25
  • uk
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
ok, i know i posted a help reply but I still cant get it to work.

I fixed the ips file, but when ever I go into the game its still white.
I set it to Flash 128K.
But still a white screen.
I even turned off ips automatic patching. (but when I do that, it just loads up firered)
any ideas on what to do?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2023
There is a bug in the Vermillion City Gym, where you can swim in the middle and never get out.
do you mean Cerulean City and try either restarting from your last save spot or use the walk through walla cheat
ok, i know i posted a help reply but I still cant get it to work.

I fixed the ips file, but when ever I go into the game its still white.
I set it to Flash 128K.
But still a white screen.
I even turned off ips automatic patching. (but when I do that, it just loads up firered)
any ideas on what to do?

it could be an issue with the rom you are using try using a different clean FiredRed Rom

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
Hi there. I've recently heard of this hack and had loads of fun playing it in the last few days. I've currently finished what I believe was the Pokemon 2000 movie event (Legendary birds movie). Is this the end of the game so far? If so it's a shame I never got to use Charizard to it's fullest :(
Is the game still being developed or has it been abandoned?

Cheers and keep up the great work! Loved the game so far!

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Hi there. I've recently heard of this hack and had loads of fun playing it in the last few days. I've currently finished what I believe was the Pokemon 2000 movie event (Legendary birds movie). Is this the end of the game so far? If so it's a shame I never got to use Charizard to it's fullest :(
Is the game still being developed or has it been abandoned?

Cheers and keep up the great work! Loved the game so far!

That's the end of the game so far

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey y'all,

Love the game to death, but I've run into a problem in the Celadon Gym. Every time I try to face one of Erika's minions, the game crashes and I get the following error message:

"The game has crashed with the following error:
Jumped to invalid address: CA00D500"

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

For what it's worth, I'm running mGBA 0.4.1 on a MacBook Pro.

Cheers.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 2, 2018
Ummmm, is something wrong with the latest build? I'm on Cinnabar but can't get the raft from the old man on the coast. Is anybody else having troubles with this?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
anyone knows for sure if this game includes the physical and special attack feature from gen 4?

thank you!

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
Maybe - but sort no making nothing more to game for years is Abendon of project . But this rom maker - showed that u newer know and hi will update stuff :)

Back