• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokescript Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
help

yes it does say that every single time so i can not script till i fix it and i dont know how i need help

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Uhm... you should do it this way:

1. open BufRite.
2. File > Import > click the Buf file
3. Destination > your hack
4. click on the blue book(assign) in the right-up corner
5. click on the lamp
6. doubleclick on the first offset
7. push Assign
6. File > Burn

That should work

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
My Poketscript works, but when it compiles, no matter
what offset I input into A-Map, it just freezes the game,

when I interact with this character, I've tried v1.0, and
v1.2(crossover) version.

Thanks, whoever helps with this problem,
~cooley~

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2010
can't be a messed up rom? try some simple scripting on a clean rom. if neither that is working, try reinstalling... and go elsewhere asking for help, this is not the right section (i suppose rom hacking in general is)

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
can't be a messed up rom? try some simple scripting on a clean rom. if neither that is working, try reinstalling... and go elsewhere asking for help, this is not the right section (i suppose rom hacking in general is)

Actually you're right, this was supposed to go in the pokescript discussions thread. Simple questions is for Rom hacing questions, not for program help.
Sorry Irish for Spamming your thread.
~cooley~

Elementologist

Pokemon Master
Years
Nope, It still doesn't work. It's Probably an installation issue. This has happened to me with every rom hacking tool until new versions were out. Thanks Anyway.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
How come every time I tried to compile a script,it says 'Run-time error: 6 Overflow' or something like that?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 5, 2023
For any of you that DO NOT get the "Compile Script" shortcut menu function, make sure your scripts end in .rbc. If they don't, open them, click "Save As...", select "All Files" from the file type box, and save as "somename.rbc". If that doesn't work, you most likely didn't install your file associations correctly.

1. Use the uninstall.reg file that you see on the pokescript website. Run it and ignore anything that it says about modifying the registry; this file is safe. It will clean out all file extensions related to PokeScript in the registry.

2. Uninstall Pokescript and any PkmnADV database you installed.

3. Download a fresh copy of Pokescript.

4. Install Pokescript.

5. Now download the PkmnADV database installer. SAVE IT TO THE SAME DIRECTORY YOU PUT POKESCRIPT IN.

6. Run the installer and extract the database to the same folder Pokescript is in. If it does not have the Pokescript directory in the location to install, then put the correct directory there.

7. Do not run the Pokescript installer again after the database installs. Close it.

8. Go to the Pokescript directory and run PokeScript.exe.

9. A log window should pop up that looks like this:
Install2.jpg

10. If your log window does not contain the four lines that start with "REGISTERED", you did something wrong, and the file associations are NOT registered right. Start over from Step 1. Otherwise, compiling scripts should now work. Try right-clicking a .rbc file that was properly saved. If "Compile Script" appears, then the associations are set correctly. Otherwise, make sure your user account has Administrative permissions, as a last measure.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS AND YOU STILL CANNOT COMPILE SCRIPTS, TRY THE MANUAL COMPILING METHOD. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK OR YOU WANT ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE WITH THE FILE EXTENSIONS, ASK AWAY.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2008
Help!

When I try to open Pokescript, it says:

Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)':
Automation error
The specified module could not be found.

What's happening?!!

Hi, I have a very strange problem with pokéscript. After I compiled my script and did everything etc... and I play my hack it will say it's lines and then an empty text bar.
It will stay like that for about a (1/2) minute. When I tried to compile the script you(IW) created for a wild battle with Charmeleon,I get nothing. I only hear the beep. After rapidly pressing the A button I get this:qÁr or something like that and it won't stop. What the hell did I do wrong?(In both cases)
Note: I dowloaded the Pokescript and Pokeadv from this forum.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2008
When I try to open Pokescript, it says:

Run-time error '-2147024770 (8007007e)':
Automation error
The specified module could not be found.

What's happening?!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2007
How i change script? when i click ctrl+click on the man in the elit map, opn me a script, and then i change it, and it dont save the change! how i save?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back