• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Fire&Ice

What should the new hack name be?

• Pokemon Blackout

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Sacred Stone

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Pokemon Aurora

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Stay Pokemon Fire & Ice

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Give up on hacking :(

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luker05

Banned
Years
FINALTITLE.png

Pokemon Fire & Ice

by Luke Vallevand (luker05)
Hack of FireRed

Webpage: Here! (Still under construction though)

How this began:
One day, I found out how to hack my PSP using a Pandora Battery, and now I can play GBA on there. One of the only games worth playing for GBA is the pokemon series, so I began downloading ROMS. I was on a site, and came across several games I never heard of before, such as Shiny Gold, Reign of Legends, Chaos Black, etc. I looked into them, played them, all that, and I thought, wow, I should make my own hack. I knew it would be confusing, but not this hard! Yet I still decided to work on it, and one day I randomly decided on the title. Since Fire-types and Ice-types are both weak to each other, it worked perfectly. Finally, with some help, I came up with a story-line, and it's growing from there...

Story: (may change..)
In a normal world, a new religion begins; Pokelogy. They that there is only one way to make the entire world reach eternal peace, and infiinite knowledge. However, they have no idea how to do that. The purpose of the religion is to pray to the creators of Pokemon; Arceus, the pokemon said to have been born from an egg in nothingness, and Mew, the root of all pokemon DNA. Then, a cult branches from the religion, made up of it's highest believers; Team Eclipse. They believe they found the way to eternal peace and infinite knowledge, but in order to even try, it will cause the whole world horrible pain and suffering. Obviously, Team Eclipse was not permitted to try, but they refused to listen, and began an underground operation to reach they're goal. Who will stop them? Probably you!!!

Pokedex:
- No 'national dex' or any of that kinda stuff. You can catch pokemon from all regions right at the beginning.
- About 80 other D/P/Pt Pokemon. List below.
Spoiler:

- Possibly about 25 'Fakemon' (Sprites credit to Samson) Sprites below.
Spoiler:

- 3 other spliced pokemon, for the sake of the Fire&Ice theme (Not to be released, gotta keep some in-game surprises)

Map:
- Contains all towns/cities from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn
- Routes have changed
- Town/City connections have changed (Ex. Littleroot usually leads to Oldale, now Littleroot MIGHT lead to Pallet or something)
- New ROM Base (Never mind, couldn't find any worth putting in. I have to restart my mapping since I started with a ROM Base I found, and shortly after discovered there was no tile for the right side of the mart...)
- BRAND NEW (yet, possibly familiar) places after Elite Four

Gyms & Elite Four:
- 8 badge gyms (Grass, Dark, Steel, Poison, Ghost, Fire, Ice, ???)
- 16 'Small' gyms (Have very few trainers, no puzzle to solve, a gym leader, and completely optional)
- After some badge gyms, you may recieve an egg
- After all 8 gyms, you can access time-warp cave.
- 4 Elite Fours (All optional)
- Grand Four (Necessary)
- Grand Four gives you access to new places.
- 4 Elite Four & Grand Four give you access to the Master Three, using grass, water, and fire-types.
- After each Master Three, you get to select a pokemon.

Progress:

- Brand new, just beginning to make some titles, sprites, and still developing the plot.
- Also just started making the map, and buildings.

Team:
- luker05: All I can possibly do
- pokemon xd: Assistant, Webpage Designer

Credit:
- Samson: Fakemon sprites

Extras:
Userbars:
Spoiler:

Support:
- Sure! I'd like some more userbars and what-not.
- Also, if people would like to help me with OW and scripting and such, that'd be cool too.
- ALSO, advertising. I'd like more people to be leaving some comments lol
- If you wish to support my hack, stick a userbar in your signature, or join my group HERE!

Last edited:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
This sounds interesting but do you know that adding over one hundered pokemon will mean getting rid of eighty or more pokemon. I would consider that but it's up to you.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Well actually, 75, but yeah, same deal.
LeafGreen is unstable, that's why people use FR, plus, there aren't many tools for LG.
First Gym is lvl 40? How do you train for that? It doesn't make sense. That's not making it more difficult, that's making it unplayable.
Good luck, though.

Jordy San

The fire-breathing Dutch-Boy
Years
Well actually, 75, but yeah, same deal.
LeafGreen is unstable, that's why people use FR, plus, there aren't many tools for LG.
First Gym is lvl 40? How do you train for that? It doesn't make sense. That's not making it more difficult, that's making it unplayable.
Good luck, though.

I agree with above.
Leafgreen is unstable indeed, but there are some tools for it.
Also, a lvl 40 1st gym?!
That sounded like a story i read somehere.
it went like this:
'Ok, i'm gonna make the hardest game ever.0
You get your first pokemon in ****** town, the second one.
Right after you ahve it, you have to battle your rival who has lvl 5 deoxis.
After that, you need to beat the gym who has lvl 80 ubers.'

it may sound weird, but come on! Lvl 40 is just impossible!
Otherwise, i like the story very much!
Good luck!

luker05

Banned
Years
I agree with above.
Leafgreen is unstable indeed, but there are some tools for it.
Also, a lvl 40 1st gym?!
That sounded like a story i read somehere.
it went like this:
'Ok, i'm gonna make the hardest game ever.0
You get your first pokemon in ****** town, the second one.
Right after you ahve it, you have to battle your rival who has lvl 5 deoxis.
After that, you need to beat the gym who has lvl 80 ubers.'

it may sound weird, but come on! Lvl 40 is just impossible!
Otherwise, i like the story very much!
Good luck!

Hmm, well maybe I'll switch over to FireRed then, if it's really unstable. But how is it unstable, whats wrong with it?

The Lvl40 gym idea isn't certain, it's only because there's a lot of plot development before you get to any gyms. But your right, 40 is pretty high, I'll probly drop it to somethin like 20 haha, I guess I wasn't really thinking when I wrote that...

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
Years
This looks like it could be a good hack. If you start out with a national pokedex, I assume that the game takes place after most hacks would. I don't really like the idea of hi-leveled gyms, because it takes a while to level up your Pokemon in order to stand a chance. Unless, you had wild Pokemon that gave away a lot of exp. (could tie into team Eclipse).

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2009
if you need help in mapping i could help mate :)
if you want an extra helping hand pm and i'll send proof of my work:)

RedYoshi

Wah! Yoshi!
Years
This hack is quite interesting. I really like some of the Fakemon, especially the chick and dolphin, some of them really do look "official". Have you given them names yet?

luker05

Banned
Years
@ RedYoshi

Not yet, haven't tried that way yet. Umm, I have a list of the ones I'm replacing, theres a lot, but ther all the ones nobody likes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back