• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Pokémon Trading Card Game Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Okay so some guy wanted to get 3 common Reverse Holo cards from me in the PTCGO. All of which i have no interest in anyway. Though he didnt have anything i really was looking for so i told him to offer me something decent.

He offers me Team Plasma Grunt, Plasma Trigger, and Pokemon Communications.

I tell him thats the worst supporter, tool, and a cycled out card. And he tries to convince me that plasma grunt is good...

I'll be honest. I would have traded for pretty much anything viable, cause i dont even care about those cards. But throw crap like that and me and tell me that im stupid for saying bad cards are bad. Thats when I start being a dick.

Years
TPG is just so useless when there are so many better cards for doing what it does. I mean, Bicycle is dramatically better just because it's an Item. Who would run a Team Plasma card with the intent of junking it for just 4 cards? Now, if it were "Discard 1, Get 4" without the Team Plasma stipulation, it would be much better.

Though it was just 3 common reverse holos, so it was kind of a like for like, I guess.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
At least mine were reverse holo. I feel like it should have at least been reverse for reverse rather then take cards you want from me and give me crap.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
I've never been a fan of reverses in general. Especially from the early ex era like Sandstorm. That reverse pattern makes the text really hard to read. The pattern used in sets like Dragon Frontiers is much better because the pattern only covers the actual Pokémon and the card's yellow border, allowing us to be able to read the text and enjoy the background art.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
I got these new energys from my friend that looked wierd to me. They look like normal energys with the old pocket monster back, but on the bottom they have single numbers like 21 or 17 in circles, and opposite of that is either a chikorita or a totadile. Can anyone help tell me whats up with these energys

Years
I got these new energys from my friend that looked wierd to me. They look like normal energys with the old pocket monster back, but on the bottom they have single numbers like 21 or 17 in circles, and opposite of that is either a chikorita or a totadile. Can anyone help tell me whats up with these energys

I think I know what those are, but could you upload a picture as an attachment to your next post here so I can verify?

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Going to a tournament tomorrow for a booster box. Bringing my edited Fairy Big Basic deck to see how it will do.

My roommate is going with a Tauros/Umbreon deck for funzesy.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Actually they canceled it. But cities or w/e is this coming sat.

Years
Darn shame they canceled it. Good luck next week if you go, though!

I really haven't been doing anything TCG related of late other than posting here. Was just about to change that by entering in some of my unentered codes, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Two weeks ago, I bought Chespin theme deck of Kalos Starter set, and I'm really happy with all the cards that I've gotten. :] Been a while since I last bought anything TCG. Going to create a TCG Online account soon, and try to get this deck unlocked. Not really sure how that will go, but we'll see. I'm so new at this, haha.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
K so i got a few games in against some assorted decks. Fairy big basics is working so smoothly its crazy. I do need to do a few edits, but it only lost once to darkrai garbodor.

Darkrai/Sableye/Malmar was a funny match. I went second got a few pokemon out and Mental Trash destroyed my hand turn 2. So I dont remember what happened entirely. But with the max potions, free retreat, and all the huge HP pokemon. I was able to only lose 1 prize eventually overpower it.

Kininja deck i had a similar bad start. No energy for like 4 or 5 turns and tons of supporters. But after i got 1 energy to Xerneas and started geomancy. Cards in hand doesnt matter as long as i have a few attackers out. Eventually took out all the greninja that appeared in play after he sent all his energy to the discard by what i can only assume to be a missplay. Max potion just prevented all the KOs and made him burn energy.

Darkrai/Garbodor is just so scary. Even with so much tech against it. A Terrakion, 3 tool scrappers, virizion ex, and 3 fairy garden. I still had a tough time on the first match. My start was okay but it could have been better. Second match i ended up taking it 6-1 with pure luck on sleep flips and drawing all the right cards when i needed them to counter his strategy atm.

Few things i realize. Xerneas Ex is tons better than i first thought. W/ Muscle Band it's breakthrough is basically darkrai's night spear - 10 damage. And hitting a bench ex pokemon with the spread damage then they are forced to bring it out. Allows Xerneas to use x blast for 140 + 20 hitting 160 with previous spread damage for 190. Muscle band also gives key knock outs on Sableye and majority of small basics.

Xerneas non ex is also a huge life saver when it comes to drawing dead. Even with 0 cards in hand. It can just charge your bench while it eats a few hits and it can make an impossible situation into an advantage. Turning 1 energy into 5 in 2 turns in early game.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I got 7th at states. Not too bad. Though after the 4th round i was in 4th. Lost 5th match and dropped to 7th. 3-2 ending Just 1 Tie from top cut... But oh well. Still scored 18 packs and new sleeves in the last round. All for a $10 entry fee.

Years
K so i got a few games in against some assorted decks. Fairy big basics is working so smoothly its crazy. I do need to do a few edits, but it only lost once to darkrai garbodor.

Darkrai/Sableye/Malmar was a funny match. I went second got a few pokemon out and Mental Trash destroyed my hand turn 2. So I dont remember what happened entirely. But with the max potions, free retreat, and all the huge HP pokemon. I was able to only lose 1 prize eventually overpower it.

Kininja deck i had a similar bad start. No energy for like 4 or 5 turns and tons of supporters. But after i got 1 energy to Xerneas and started geomancy. Cards in hand doesnt matter as long as i have a few attackers out. Eventually took out all the greninja that appeared in play after he sent all his energy to the discard by what i can only assume to be a missplay. Max potion just prevented all the KOs and made him burn energy.

Darkrai/Garbodor is just so scary. Even with so much tech against it. A Terrakion, 3 tool scrappers, virizion ex, and 3 fairy garden. I still had a tough time on the first match. My start was okay but it could have been better. Second match i ended up taking it 6-1 with pure luck on sleep flips and drawing all the right cards when i needed them to counter his strategy atm.

Few things i realize. Xerneas Ex is tons better than i first thought. W/ Muscle Band it's breakthrough is basically darkrai's night spear - 10 damage. And hitting a bench ex pokemon with the spread damage then they are forced to bring it out. Allows Xerneas to use x blast for 140 + 20 hitting 160 with previous spread damage for 190. Muscle band also gives key knock outs on Sableye and majority of small basics.

Xerneas non ex is also a huge life saver when it comes to drawing dead. Even with 0 cards in hand. It can just charge your bench while it eats a few hits and it can make an impossible situation into an advantage. Turning 1 energy into 5 in 2 turns in early game.

Saw that in action playing my brother, who runs a semi-casual level fairy deck (he's a Magic player first and foremost, so he's got some familiarity with ccg strategies). Was brutal if I stalled out with my janky Crobat deck. The one that I still haven't brought up to Modified standards.

I got 7th at states. Not too bad. Though after the 4th round i was in 4th. Lost 5th match and dropped to 7th. 3-2 ending Just 1 Tie from top cut... But oh well. Still scored 18 packs and new sleeves in the last round. All for a $10 entry fee.
Wiat, Hawaii states has a $10 entry fee? Or was that from a different tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back