• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen God Stone?

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Do you think the God Stone will have a function in BW2, and if so, what is it?

I think there are two possibilities. One, that the God Stone will be obtained in BW2 and used to cause the Kyurem fusion, and two, that after trading BW2 with BW (Assuming it is possible) the God Stone becomes player-usable in BW and must be sent through some sort of transfer (Other than trading since it is a key item) to BW2 to unlock a bonus, event-like Pokemon? What do you think?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Honestly, I haven't seen much about the stones yet, but we haven't been given much yet about the main story yet. As for fusion, I can't see it as part of the reason as Kyurem can freely switch between its forms in the Anime and only Deoxys is capable of doing that Anime wise while having a restriction in Game and it isn't restricted to Item rather than an outer locational event.

As for B/W event, we already have a B2W2 Event scheduled so I don't see B/W events lasting too much longer.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think the god stone might turn into Kyurem itself, seeing how Kyurem being in the Giant Chasm during BW's time might be uncanon, or perhaps Kyurem turned into a stone after what happened in BW.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
From what I understand, the God Stone had no function in Black and White in the Japanese version. And supposedly it was totally removed from the English version, so I really doubt it will do anything, at least in the first games. Though, they could change this for the sequels though.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
'God' Stone kind of implies it's related to Arceus or something. Unless it was a mistranslation or idk.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
$10 says that it's going to be a major key item in BW2 and have connection to Kyurem. If not, it'll become a dummy item for the rest of Gen V.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I think Kyurem holding God Stone will change form into Black/White Kyurem after some interaction with Zekrom/Reshiram - maybe after being hit with Fusion Bolt/Flare?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think Kyurem holding God Stone will change form into Black/White Kyurem after some interaction with Zekrom/Reshiram - maybe after being hit with Fusion Bolt/Flare?

Its a Key Item, Kyurem can't hold it. Only Items from the Medicine Bag, Battle Item Bag, and Usable Item Bag can be held. TM Bag and Key Item bag were recoded and so were all their items. Making the God Stone not a Key item kinda lowers the expectation of it being in game since Dark and Light Stones were Key items.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Its a Key Item, Kyurem can't hold it. Only Items from the Medicine Bag, Battle Item Bag, and Usable Item Bag can be held. TM Bag and Key Item bag were recoded and so were all their items. Making the God Stone not a Key item kinda lowers the expectation of it being in game since Dark and Light Stones were Key items.

In that case God Stone could be used on Kyurem at one specific moment in storyline and then after being hit by Fusion Bolt/Flare (maybe not in battle but in cutscene) it would change into Black/White Kyurem.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

Even though I doubt it'll be used like this, Shaymin changes forme with the Gracidea which is a Key Item. I'm on the side of MRAS and how the God Stone is or was Kyurem itself.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps the God stone has the Power that allowed Kyurem to change forms in the first place if it's not Kyurem itself. I can see the Stone being reabsorbed into Kyurem, making it complete.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Nearly all its data was deleted in B/W so I see it like a place holder like Cacophony was in R/S. The item itself had no active data and just had a sprite.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
Don't know what that God Stone does but I think it has something to do with Black Kyurem/White Kyurem... does it allow it to fuse with Reshiram/Zekrom or what? That's just what came in my mind...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
God Stone being Kyurem itself is also possible. After being hit by Fusion Bolt/Flare, God Stone would turn into Black/White Kyurem. In B2/W2 intro Zekrom is shown together with Black Kyurem and Reshiram with White Kyurem, so they should have something to do with each other.

GatlingIza

Greetle bust
Years
It woul be cool if it sure "God" Stone is Kyurem. in BW place holder data exit and say "God" Stone as "A Rare Stone" C'mon what is "God" Stone already?

Years
'God' Stone kind of implies it's related to Arceus or something. Unless it was a mistranslation or idk.

This is my thought and if it doesn't go down that route, wouldn't that make the whole point of Arceus pointless if there is 'another' God? I might be completely wrong there, but who knows.​

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
Years
I think maybe it would have the power to create pokemon (which would explain the name) and it ends up fusing Kyurem and Resharim/Zekrom.

Back