• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The final evolution!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay so I'm just going to start making threads here more often, not sure if this'll necessarily get posts, but hey. It's about Pokemon, but really, trying to fight it will get us nowhere and it's kind of interesting!

So most Pokemon in Unova have evolutions, aside from 7 + legendaries, or something along those lines. If you had to remove one evolution, say, make Herdier the final evolution of Lillipup, how would you enhance Herdier's stats to make up for Stoutland, would you redesign Herdier and would you make it appear less in Unova? ***Just an example***

You can do this for any Unova Pokemon (as many as you want), I figure it'd be a kind of interesting discussion if you guys are willing to post, and basically "recreate" Unova into how you wanted it to be, in terms of evolutions/Pokemon. If you want, you can also remove entire evolution lines entirely, so a Pokemon doesn't evolve at all, or change how it evolves too. Remember if you wanna discuss the specifics of what you like/dislike the most or found disappointing, use the threads for that, but this is just for interesting creativity n_n

DISCUSS!!! Also take the time to think before posting something as it'll lead to better posts, imo!

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
I would take out Haxorus. I never really liked him.
I would give Fraxure a better moveset, probably make him learn more defensive attacks, to make him more awesome, IMO.
I would give him higher Defensive stats, and much higher Offensive ones, also, to bump him up to "Haxorus standards".
With this "new" Fraxure, I would also make him a Steel/Dragon type, because of his newly found defensive tricks and also give him some iron plating to match.

All because the Haxorus I found on the GTS was horrible.

Years
I would remove Larvesta and make Volcarona a single non-evolution Pokemon, since it differs so much from Larvesta and already has great stats. Maybe make it a legendary since you can only find it in Relic Castle... I would remove Larvesta regardless of whether legendary status was bestowed on Volcarona though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I would give Audino a baby prevolution (that evolves with happiness) because right now it just seems... random. I guess it just reminds me of Chansey a lot and Chansey has a baby prevolution.

I don't know if this counts, but I'd remove Throh/Sawk or completely redesign them, they look kinda odd to me and maybe... too humanoid? I've never really liked that kind of Pokemon. Also maayyybbee this doesn't count but I would change around the Klink line poses so they don't all look exactly the same.

I would make Alomomola evolve from Luvdic because come on, Gamefreak, it looks exactly like a Luvdic anyway. (Seriously, wtf?) Also, Bouffalant would evolve from Tauros. I'd also give Druddigon an evolution, because it looks awesome and it's stats aren't so great, so it's evolution would be awesomely overpowered and make up for that.

Ummmm yeah I think that's about it, I wouldn't really change anything else, I like all the evolutionary lines. C:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would make Haxorus Dragon/Steel to give it higher defenses and make it into a Pseudo legendary.
I would also give Lavesta a middle form between it and Volcarona. The level for this evolution would be 35. It would look like a mini volcarona but still have the sun crest that lavesta has.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
I would give Purrloin a third evolution form. It would be panther-like, and have a split, forked tail. It would be called Trampther.(tramp+panther) and have a good Speed stats. You would need to level Liepard up at night in summer to get Trampther.

Years
I would give Durant a evolved form.
It can be like Combee from Gen IV, it only evolves if Female.
Female Durants can evolve into a Queen Ant type Pokemon similar to how Combee evolves into a Queen Bee.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I would give Purrloin a third evolution form. It would be panther-like, and have a split, forked tail. It would be called Trampther.(tramp+panther) and have a good Speed stats. You would need to level Liepard up at night in summer to get Trampther.

Liepard doesn't deserve ANYTHING. It doesn't deserve to be good. Its suckage has cast it into an eternal hole...for things that suck, from which it cannot escape.

I would remove Larvesta and make Volcarona a single non-evolution Pokemon, since it differs so much from Larvesta and already has great stats. Maybe make it a legendary since you can only find it in Relic Castle... I would remove Larvesta regardless of whether legendary status was bestowed on Volcarona though.

Noooo, Larvesta is soooo cute. Whicih gives me an idea...

I would put an evolution in between Larvesta and Volcarona. Level 59 is a bit too late for something to evolve, and it would be so awesome if there were some Metapod like thing. It would be called...Morphiery (Metamorphoses+Fiery)

And you can catch them in the wild it will only learn harden and everyone would name it inappropriate things lololololol

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Liepard doesn't deserve ANYTHING. It doesn't deserve to be good. Its suckage has cast it into an eternal hole...for things that suck, from which it cannot escape.

Noooo, Larvesta is soooo cute. Whicih gives me an idea...

I would put an evolution in between Larvesta and Volcarona. Level 59 is a bit too late for something to evolve, and it would be so awesome if there were some Metapod like thing. It would be called...Morphiery (Metamorphoses+Fiery)

And you can catch them in the wild it will only learn harden and everyone would name it inappropriate things lololololol
Metapod evolve at a very early level. Are you saying you want a cocoon in your party until Level 59?

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I love that tbh. I mean I'm not really a fan of Liepard in particular but I'm sure that'll fix up the hate everyone has for it. :3 Maybe like, a special attacking version?

I love your views on it though Plasmette loool.

Years
I really like the Trampther idea too.

As for what I'd do, I'd make beeheeyem have a super cool evo with like a cape and incredible sp atk/sp df/defense/maybe some better attack.

I would name it E.Teeheeyem.

I'd also give swoobat an evolution using a uh stone, I guess? It would be even sleeker, faster, more special attack and high Hp. It would like a pokemon that meant business, more vampire-like, I guess. Still playing on the heart love theme, but in a less happy-go-lucky way.

Maybe I'd call it... Aphrodisibat.

That's all I got. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really like the Trampther idea too.

As for what I'd do, I'd make beeheeyem have a super cool evo with like a cape and incredible sp atk/sp df/defense/maybe some better attack.

I would name it E.Teeheeyem.

I'd also give swoobat an evolution using a uh stone, I guess? It would be even sleeker, faster, more special attack and high Hp. It would like a pokemon that meant business, more vampire-like, I guess. Still playing on the heart love theme, but in a less happy-go-lucky way.

Maybe I'd call it... Aphrodisibat.

That's all I got. XD

looool I love the name @ ET but I don't think you can use full sto--oh wait Mr Mime, so maybeee. Not sure about how it'd look with a cape though lmao.

Oh I can actually visualise this one! n_n Give it a signature attack too which involves sucking... hearts?

Years
By cape I meant like the kind of cape like thing it has already. XD
but a legitimate cape of flesh would be cool too

And it'd be known as the heart-breaker pokemon! :D

Also, We need a pre-evolution for cryogonal.

It would be happy, and look like a snowflake.
Maybe Joyflake?

And a cool evolution, through max unhappiness. It would be named psighogonal, and be psychic type. It'd have emo hair and would have the tendency to sigh a lot.

Okay, that was a joke. but actually, maybe a ice/water type evo through max unhappiness. It'd be like a melted snowflake (or melting snowflae) and be named Dismystal (Dismal/crystal? I'm terrible at naming things lol)

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I feel Druddigon is a bit too large and developed to be a single stage evolution, I feel like he should have a prevolution, just a smaller version.

And Swoobat definitely deserves an evolution, I love that evolution line but they are a bit too weak.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
I would take out Haxorus. I never really liked him.
I would give Fraxure a better moveset, probably make him learn more defensive attacks, to make him more awesome, IMO.
I would give him higher Defensive stats, and much higher Offensive ones, also, to bump him up to "Haxorus standards".
With this "new" Fraxure, I would also make him a Steel/Dragon type, because of his newly found defensive tricks and also give him some iron plating to match.

All because the Haxorus I found on the GTS was horrible.

I love Haxorus, but now I'm just sad because it isn't Dragon/Steel :-/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
By cape I meant like the kind of cape like thing it has already. XD
but a legitimate cape of flesh would be cool too

And it'd be known as the heart-breaker pokemon! :D

Also, We need a pre-evolution for cryogonal.

It would be happy, and look like a snowflake.
Maybe Joyflake?

And a cool evolution, through max unhappiness. It would be named psighogonal, and be psychic type. It'd have emo hair and would have the tendency to sigh a lot.

Okay, that was a joke. but actually, maybe a ice/water type evo through max unhappiness. It'd be like a melted snowflake (or melting snowflae) and be named Dismystal (Dismal/crystal? I'm terrible at naming things lol)
I like the second idea @ Cryogonal but maybe it could be um Melystal. Melting crystal! But yeah Cryogonal kinda is too rare to just end at that with nothing more to it ;;
I feel Druddigon is a bit too large and developed to be a single stage evolution, I feel like he should have a prevolution, just a smaller version.

And Swoobat definitely deserves an evolution, I love that evolution line but they are a bit too weak.

Oh that reminds me of a design for that! But uh if it was a less spiky less ugly version then maybe I'd like it. :3 Possibly it could also be part normal cause boring or remove Druddigon altogether.

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I have a fair amount to say;

- I think that the Swoobat line should be removed completely.

- The Trampther idea appeals to me.

- I feel Zebstrika needs a bit of tweaking in design, and also altered Base Stats.

- Haxorus appears to me as a Dragon/Fighting type and i also wished that the OP Attack should be amped down from 147 to 135, allowing the stat to still hit the 400 stat mark as well as having room to move those points into HP, SpD and Speed. Also reduce its COMPLETELY USELESS SAtk down to something like 30 - 40 Base, allowing more to go into the other stats. Haxorus' BST is very, Erm... I think its confused. With 90 Base Def and not as much in SpD, yeah...

- At Lv. 38 I think there should be a middle evo for Volcarona. It's name should be something like... Briaire (Bree-air) [Bright + Flare] It took me a while to think of this name ;P xD

- Who in the bloody hell makes a mon evolve at Lv. 64? It should be 60 at the most.

- Roggenrolla has a weird design, redo please.

-Heatmor + Durant need a pre evo, higher base stats would also be nice for Heatmor.

I probably have more to say... but yeah.

That's just my two cents.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
While I think an evolution for Heatmor and Durant would be really adorable I don't think it's necessary at all :x I mean they're rivals, much like Zangoose and Seviper of gen three. I don't see it working out this time if it was a family rivalry because you'd want to add in another evolution too :( I dunno I think their power is fine as is.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
luvdisc should have evolved into alomomola(level 50)
tauros should have evolved into boufallant(level w/ thrash)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
luvdisc should have evolved into alomomola(level 50)
tauros should have evolved into boufallant(level w/ thrash)
Not sure about the first, but the second has potential. I could see that evolution being possible.

Cyclone

Back