• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I am trying to download but Kasperesky is saying malicious link. Does it have viruses? I suggest u look into it if it is true or else there could be problems for players if u know what I mean. But seriously it is saying malicious link, what's going on. Mirror 1 btw

Mirror 4 for this ;p

Yay for Lod LaZ to finally coming out from the hiding. The first page was really one of its kind. Hope to see LC progress more and more day by day :D

I'll be working as hard as possible on LC until it's finished :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
How far does the beta 3.3 goes?
Sorry for my bad English.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Yea Saturn. Been a while since I last played but yea. I am hoping I am not alone in this. I mean the entire plot before and after that is great. No changes needed there. Just the dialogue at the end of Saturn's plot.

But what does everyone else think?

So...nobody is going to offer their input on this? Laz did ask if everyone else felt the same way. If you didn't you could just say so.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
I didn't think it was possible but you guys outdid yourselves again. I just have one question, how far are we from an update with the pokegear?

Last edited:
Years
i think laz should change the dialouge on the team Saturn departure different

but i love the work you put into the game and cant until you put more into the game

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
I didn't think it was possible but you guys outdid yourselves again. I just have one question, how far are we from an update with the pokegear?

Well the Pokegear is hard, but I'll work on it after the story events of Johto, Kanto and Orange Islands are done so closer to the end of the final.

i think laz should change the dialouge on the team Saturn departure different

but i love the work you put into the game and cant until you put more into the game

So that's 2 votes for change of dialog. Anyone else?

Also, the bug with the whiting out taking you to odd places has been fixed. Reapply for the fix :)

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
So that's 2 votes for change of dialog. Anyone else?

I wouldn't have brought it up, but seeing it here made me realize that I kinda agree with the other people. The dialog at the end seems a little inconsistent and slightly confusing. I think that, while it should not be a priority, it should probably be changed at some point.

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
Is there any 4th and 5th gen pokemons?
i DL the 3.1 beta this is up to where?
when will be the v 4 beta realeased? (opptional) :D

hoping for reply thanks :D

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I wouldn't have brought it up, but seeing it here made me realize that I kinda agree with the other people. The dialogue at the end seems a little inconsistent and slightly confusing. I think that, while it should not be a priority, it should probably be changed at some point.

This. Since people are asking, I think it should be changed. I felt it was utterly out of character for both the characters and the game.

I also fixed the word dialogue in that quote cos it was annoying me :P

Are there any 4th and 5th gen pokémon?

Firm and permanent no.

i DL the 3.1 beta this is up to where?
when will be the v 4 beta released? (optional) :D

I highly doubt you downloaded 3.1, since we haven't supported a link to 3.1 for months. If you DID download 3.1, upgrade straight away and start a new game because it's very buggy and you won't be able to continue very far into the game.

We are currently on version 3.3.XXXXX (as the thread title suggests). This is an ever evolving version, where content is constantly being added and bugs fixed as and when they arise. In this way, we don't release "new" betas, in the traditional sense. If you report a bug, we fix it and release a new build of the ROM as soon as it's fixed, so you can redownload and repatch and continue playing straight away.

It "ends" (as of the time of this post) in the middle of the second island of the Orange Islands. All of Kanto and Johto is playable.

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
why can't my gardevoir learn thunderbolt from goldenrod game corner move tutor? also omastar ice beam?

EDIT1: oh well i guess alakazam is a gud option, since it can learn thunderbolt and ice beam from move tutor. + has gud SpA and Spe
Now just to find a replacement for omastar(swift swim). Kingdra is my other opt but has average stats so meh. i nid high SpA water any suggestions?
EDIT2: Is the move tutor in goldenrod just gud for 1 time?
EDIT3: Scratch that, just by tweaking my time, made the move tutor appear again ^^
EDIT4: So sad even gorebyss can't learn ice beam from move tutor? i guess ill go with crawdaunt + swords dance, since crabhammer now is physical right? and rely on alakazam for ice beam XD
Anyways where can i find bulk up teacher? for my heracross

Last edited:
Years
That is the beauty of old LC that surpasses fans expectations... Seeing the fact above member posted. I quite remember those days when LaZ and Zeikku started this hack as a rival for Shiny Gold.. Now look how far this hack have gone.. BRAVO!!!!

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
This. Since people are asking, I think it should be changed. I felt it was utterly out of character for both the characters and the game.

I also fixed the word dialogue in that quote cos it was annoying me :P

Firm and permanent no.

I highly doubt you downloaded 3.1, since we haven't supported a link to 3.1 for months. If you DID download 3.1, upgrade straight away and start a new game because it's very buggy and you won't be able to continue very far into the game.

We are currently on version 3.3.XXXXX (as the thread title suggests). This is an ever evolving version, where content is constantly being added and bugs fixed as and when they arise. In this way, we don't release "new" betas, in the traditional sense. If you report a bug, we fix it and release a new build of the ROM as soon as it's fixed, so you can redownload and repatch and continue playing straight away.

It "ends" (as of the time of this post) in the middle of the second island of the Orange Islands. All of Kanto and Johto is playable.

what version should i suppose to download now? can you give me the link?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
So that's four people (including myself) that would like to see the ending to team Saturns arc edited a bit. Anyone else who agrees or disagrees speak up please.

Last edited:

linkandzelda

Years
Well, I guess this is a good time to introduce...

scon.png
~Trainer Request 2013 Edition~
scon.png

For those that remember in the past, I opened a competition for people to submit a trainer, and have the chance of them being inserted into the game. Well, It's time to open that up again, but for the Orange Islands.

Last time, I asked people to choose a location and point in the game for their trainer to appear. This time, you can submit a trainer and they will be placed somewhere in the Orange Islands. The moves will be up to the AI to decide, and the levels will be determined by where I place them.

~How To Sign Up~
Fill out the form below, and submit via PM like before. If my box is full, then send me an email using the contact information for bug reports on the first post.

Trainer Name: No silly names like "DaBoss7722".
Trainer Class: Cooltrainer, Youngster etc.
Trainer Items: Can have a max of 4 usable items in battle.

Trainer's Pokémon: Can have up to 6 Pokémon.

Before Battle dialog:
Beaten dialog:
After Battle dialog:

So, let the Trainer Request 2013 begin!

Last edited:
Years
Trainer Name: Drake
Trainer Class: Youngster
Trainer Items: nah :D

Trainer's Pokémon: Forretress, Snorlax, Golem, Crobat, Houndoom, Lapras

Before Battle dialog: Have you saved before you face me?
Beaten dialog: CHEATER! Rematch, now!
After Battle dialog: Well you are good, but cheating leads nowhere!

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
@Linkandzelda i just wanna say phenomenal game but when i try to use the upgraded 3.3xxx version (frmo the old 2.1 sav file) it says my save had been deleted? please help how do i fix this i want to play on th current build but my save isnt working (no$gba) and i patched it properly

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
Trainer Name: Mira
Trainer Class: Lady
Trainer Items: Hyper Potion x4

Trainer's Pokémon:

Eeve lv.50
Item : Leftovers

Umbreon lv.50

Espeon lv.50

Flareon lv.50
Item : Fire Gem

Vaporeon lv.50
Item : Water Gem

Before Battle dialog: My Eeve will beat you!
Beaten dialog: Don't hurt the Eeve!
After Battle dialog: Did you know Flareon can make the sun shine?

Special Info : After defeating her, she gives you a free selectable poke of the Eeve evolution chain. Maybe another after you beat her again after beating the champ (then all of her pokes are lv.75)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Trainer Name: Drake
Trainer Class: Youngster
Trainer Items: nah :D

Trainer's Pokémon: Forretress, Snorlax, Golem, Crobat, Houndoom, Lapras

Before Battle dialog: Have you saved before you face me?
Beaten dialog: CHEATER! Rematch, now!
After Battle dialog: Well you are good, but cheating leads nowhere!

Trainer Name: Mira
Trainer Class: Lady
Trainer Items: Hyper Potion x4

Trainer's Pokémon:

Eeve lv.50

Umbreon lv.50

Espeon lv.50

Flareon lv.50
Item : Fire Gem

Vaporeon lv.50
Item : Water Gem

Before Battle dialog: My Eeve will beat you!
Beaten dialog: Don't hurt the Eeve!
After Battle dialog: Did you know Flareon can make the sun shine?

Special Info : After defeating her, she gives you a free selectable poke of the Eeve evolution chain. Maybe another after you beat her again after beating the champ (then all of her pokes are lv.75)

Guys read his post. You don't post that here you send it to him via pm or in ways indicated in his bug report part of his post on the last page. He JUST said this in his previous post.

Back