• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2021
I have a problem with AdvanceMap version(1.82)

Everytime I try to load my FireRed rom it stops respongding and I have to end the program.

Is there any way to fix this?

note: it is an original FireRed rom with no edits or anything.

So if you know how to fix this please tell!

If it didn't respawn, wait for a little while. It depend on your memory and CPU. They may be low. On yours, it may have to much memory. you may check the task manager. Also, look at the processes.

The dawn Witch Lucia

WTF YOU STALKER DAWG?!
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
All right, I've never asked a question here so this is my first XD

How would I edit Professor Oak in the intro?
Or the guy player? Or the girl player?

I searched and found nothing D:

Prof oak intro would require Advance text.
Guy player (battle + overworld) would require UnLZ.gba and Overworldeditor.
If you want to import sprites, you'll need the french OWE from WAH.

Years
More problems...

I finally got my FireRed rom working with advance map and mapped out my first map.

but here are my questions...

1. what are offset scripts (script offsets)and what do they affect?

1a. Can they help this map:Or is something else causing this?

1b. Another problem I have with this map is when I leave I come out of a diffrent door than I enter.

2. I'm trying to use ScriptEd but everytime I try to open it I get this error code:"Run-Time error 429, ActiveX componet can't create object.

P*O*K*E*H*A*X*E*R

Pikachu Slapper Jr.
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2007
I am using Advance Mart, and am trying to change an item into a masterball, however, there are only hex codes, and I can't figure out what they are.

So can you guide me to changing a item in a pokemart into a masterball?

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
Years
That's not what I asked. You know when it says "Are you a boy or a Girl?" The sprite that shows up. Does anyone know how I can edit that? And the Prof. Oak sprite.

Mewten1

A Wanna Be Rom Hacker
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2007
Wow It appears that I need help again. I feel kind of silly asking but here goes.
1. How do you change the trainer back image?
2. How do you import a picture into RSball?

Thanks for answering my questions and helping me become a better hacker.
Sorry for all the questions.

Sorry for constantly asking questions. But thanks for helping me improve my hacks.

1. How do you change the trainer back image/animation?

Oops I posted twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Wow It appears that I need help again. I feel kind of silly asking but here goes.
1. How do you change the trainer back image?
2. How do you import a picture into RSball?

Thanks for answering my questions and helping me become a better hacker.
Sorry for all the questions.

Sorry for constantly asking questions. But thanks for helping me improve my hacks.

1. How do you change the trainer back image/animation?

Oops I posted twice.

1. With TLP or TileMolester. Search for the sprites and edit them.

2. RSBall doesn't import pictures.

Years
I finally got my FireRed rom working with advance map and mapped out my first map.

but here are my questions...

1. what are offset scripts (script offsets)and what do they affect?

1a. Can they help this map:Or is something else causing this?

1b. Another problem I have with this map is when I leave I come out of a diffrent door than I enter.

2. I'm trying to use ScriptEd but everytime I try to open it I get this error code:"Run-Time error 429, ActiveX componet can't create object.

A final question (this msut be about 3 days worth)

What is a flight position? Is it like the boat to the sevii islands? Pleae help me with that too... I am a beginner.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
A final question (this msut be about 3 days worth)

What is a flight position? Is it like the boat to the sevii islands? Pleae help me with that too... I am a beginner.

Flight Position is exactly what it says.

You know when you get the HM Fly, you can choose any city?
The flight position is the position on the map you will appear when you choose that city.
Most maps, have it in front of their Poke Centers, since it's a custom of the Pokemon.

:)

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2007
Hey its zi yet again XD

Warps i have followed pretty much every thing

What:Little Root to a hand made cave
What you have done: i have put a warp on little root to teleport to the cave vise versa but when i walk on the warp i do not warp in game speedo has fixed it but there was a problem with my net so i was not able to recieve the file so ill try do my self

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
FireRed--

Is there an unLZ number for the FireRed curvy text (FireRed Version)? If so, may I know what it is?

Thanks

johnlycett

Not Booted Out - be like me!
Years
hello ive been having a problem with my hack im trying to follow folow don patches instructions for tilesets and i zoom in heaps on paint to place it right but comes out weird i try and try to do it its only worked once for a tree and i try other pattlets plz help

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
hello ive been having a problem with my hack im trying to follow folow don patches instructions for tilesets and i zoom in heaps on paint to place it right but comes out weird i try and try to do it its only worked once for a tree and i try other pattlets plz help

The tiles aren't in the right palette. Change the tiles' colors to the palette's ones or change the tileset's palette.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2008
Hey everyone!
Anyway heres the problem: I was using unLZ-GBA to try and import diamond and pearl sprites to pokemon leaf green, what i did was i searched for and saved bulbasaur onto my computer then i opened it up in paint. What i did then was i got a turtwig sprite that i downloaded off serebii.net copied it then deleted bulbasaurs image and pasted it where bulbasaur used to be. After this i noticed it had changed colour but i went a ahead and opened the new sprite up in unLZ-GBA and it was still a different colour, i then followed what this site said and ticked one of the boxes which hopefully changes its colour but when i opened up and played the game turtwig was all discolored and had a square around it.

Can anybody help me?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey everyone!
Anyway heres the problem: I was using unLZ-GBA to try and import diamond and pearl sprites to pokemon leaf green, what i did was i searched for and saved bulbasaur onto my computer then i opened it up in paint. What i did then was i got a turtwig sprite that i downloaded off serebii.net copied it then deleted bulbasaurs image and pasted it where bulbasaur used to be. After this i noticed it had changed colour but i went a ahead and opened the new sprite up in unLZ-GBA and it was still a different colour, i then followed what this site said and ticked one of the boxes which hopefully changes its colour but when i opened up and played the game turtwig was all discolored and had a square around it.

Can anybody help me?

Since you want Turtwig's original colors, you have to get a Turtwig sprite, index it (IrfanView) and import it over Bulbasaur with "Export palette". In the game tthe sprite should be okay. The image with the sprite has to be 64x64.

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
01 i'm having problems linking rooms
i have a boat dock room linked to the professor's lab by a door
the warps are correctly on the doors
but whenever i go to one of the doors, i end up in the middle of the other room's map

02 can someone show me how can i edit a pokemon's attacks in leafgreen?
i read the tutorial in the tutorial section but i don't get it at all
like i don't know what to look for in the rom

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2008
Since you want Turtwig's original colors, you have to get a Turtwig sprite, index it (IrfanView) and import it over Bulbasaur with "Export palette". In the game tthe sprite should be okay. The image with the sprite has to be 64x64.

Whats Infranview? and where do i find export pallete?

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
Years
@hyunbin 1. In the profeesor's lab, find the warp you are using to link to the dock and make a note of the event number. Then load up your dock map and where the warp to the lab is, change the warp number to the event number for the professor's lab. Then do the same in reverse, make note of the dock's warp event number and then change the warp number in the lab to that of the event number of the linking warp 0.o (if this makes sense....)

2. I don't really know, sorry about that......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back