View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2012 (7:59 PM). Edited July 16th, 2012 by TwilightBlade.
All dreams are but another reality.
  • Crystal Tier

Welcome all new club members!

Holy fish sticks! Korra is slated to air 52 total episodes! YAY

Here's an awesome preview/animation of book 2, hooray!

What are your initial impressions of Book 2's direction?

Also from Comic-Con, here's two posters, featuring Team Aang and Team Korra.

Alsooo from Comic-Con are concept art images of characters in Book 2.
part 1, part 2, and part 3 and some more... An alternate link of the book 2 animation is on tumblr too.

Summary of what's revealed at Comic-Con:
Spoiler:
This year's convention also had a booth advertising Nickelodeon's hit series The Legend of Korra, which recently saw the end of it's initial twelve episode run with a absolutely fantastic season finale. The panel revealed plenty of juicy details and concept art to wet fan's appetites for the upcoming Book 2: Spirits. Among the details that were revealed was that Book 2 will take place six months after the defeat of Amon and explore the Spirit World and how the "Avatar" lineage began. Korra will travel into the spirit world and co-creator Bryan Konietzko hinted that there may be episodes later in the season dedicated to exploring the bigger landscape of the Spirit World.

Concept art of Team Avatar's new costumes including Korra wearing Mandarin inspired assymetrical fashion and Mako and Bolin wearing big, fluffy coats for the frozen tundra that maintain their color coordination.

We also learned that Asami will take over as the new head of Future Industries in the wake of her father's reveal of being an Equalist, and that Tenzin's brother Bumi, seen only briefly at the end of the finale, will play a larger role in Book 2, as will their elder sister Kya. We will also be introduced to Korra's extended family this season.

This Comic-Con announcement follows recent news that the show's original twelve episode miniseries has now been pushed to a full 52 episodes in two seasons, each of which will be split into two "Books." Great news indeed for Avatar fans this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudeman609 View Post
Name Dudeman609
Element:Water
Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)
Hey, maybe you can elaborate, answer some topics, or mingle when you have the time. :D
Spoiler tags are created using these codes: [*spoiler] text inside here [/spoiler] but remove the *

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarefulWetPaint View Post
Since the chatter has died about new topic time:

How do you feel about the speed Korra is developing her abilities in comparison to how quickly Aang developed his?

I think she's either better then Aang was or a better learner? In 1 season she learnt all the elements and at the end she seemingly has the ability to control her avatar state already and it took Aang MUCH longer too get there. I think I would have prefer if they didn't go into Korra gaining her ability to control the avatar state until the second season, like Lin getting her powers back straight away. They could have used it as a learning period for Korra instead of just giving her the ability to give the bending back straight away..
Hey there! She's developing way too quickly, probably because they didn't have enough episodes to work with like Aang's story. I'm so happy the episodes were extended.

Spoiler:
I also can't believe Korra has like, mastered the Avatar state to the point where she can activate it at will @ airbending race. :(

Mac and Keiran, you have to tell us how your bodies felt as you guys pretty much watched ATLA and LOK back to back! You cray cray.