• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge

PaperNapkin

Owner of Red Hair.
Years
Hello,

I'm new to the Let's Play community and have only recently started making my own videos on YouTube. While I consider my videos to be fairly mediocre, even bad at times, I am continually seeking to improve; a huge part of it has to do with confidence, not being nervous and simply making more videos to get that valuable practice time.

I also recently stumbled upon this community and have been observing and learning from the experiences of others. While I am discovering a lot on my own I am always eager to hear the opinions of others concerning my videos whether they are positive or negative. I would greatly appreciate it if some of you could take the time to watch a video or two and give me some feedback.

Thanks,
PaperNapkin

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Great to see more posts in this section of the forums! I know getting feedback can be hard at times what with the lack of people running around here heh. Really like your YouTube name lol very easy to remember and rather unique.

With that said I do have a few tips that you may want to consider; Remove the intro. This is just my personal opinion but all of the very popular Let's Players (whom I watch, such as CaptainSparklez, UberHaxorNova, etc.) don't use intros and when you wanna watch a bunch of their videos in a row and they all have the same intro, it can get tedious watching it over and over. Luckily though, yours isn't too too long, however I would consider removing it and leaving it for special videos and out of your Let's Play ones. Perhaps keep the intro on the very first video of a Let's Play.
Also, the way you talk, it's as if I'm watching a walkthrough or a 'newbies guide' what with all the tips on what's gonna happen next and how Sleep Powder isn't 100%. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I actually think it's good considering I don't hear that type of speech too often.

One thing though that I do have to admire, which I have to practice myself more, is how good your annunciation is. I am still new to Let's Plays myself, and my annunciation isn't the best, but hey that's what practice is for right?

Anyway, I wish you luck on your journey. Especially your nuzlocke challenge lol.

PaperNapkin

Owner of Red Hair.
Years
Hello everyone, this is just an update to say that my lets play is currently on episode 17 and things are going very well! I have received a lot of great feedback from YouTubers and PC users alike and I feel with each episode the quality improves.

It really is true when they say that confidence and practice are key to a successful lets play.

Spoiler:

PaperNapkin

Owner of Red Hair.
Years
Another long forgotten update for those following along on this forum.

Spoiler:

Back