• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
So if any of you have seen the new scans of the map, you'll notice that most of the map is frozen. Though this may be to hide the other towns (like with the clouds hiding stuff before BW came out), this may actually be part of the game. My theory is that Kyurem most likely has something to do with this. Maybe, after we quell (capture) it, Unova would go back to normal. Hopefully one of these is the case as some of us may want to visit Nuvema Town and other cities.

1) What do you think of the new frozen world?

2) Do you think it will be a permanent feature of the game?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
After you catch Kyurem I'm sure it'll thaw out so you can explore the rest of the region. I'd love to see the old cities and see what's goin on with Striaton after you complete the story line.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
The ice on the image seems a tad unnatural, more like it's there only to cover up the rest of the world rather than to actually represent frozen land.
I know that it says that Unova is partially frozen, but I think it will be explorable. Perhaps they're just hiding the region so they can show off some of the new Unova later.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The ice on the image seems a tad unnatural, more like it's there only to cover up the rest of the world rather than to actually represent frozen land.
I know that it says that Unova is partially frozen, but I think it will be explorable. Perhaps they're just hiding the region so they can show off some of the new Unova later.

Yeah, it actually says the map is frozen, not the region. So Im assuming its just covering the parts of Unova they plan to reveal in the next issue like how they put clouds over Unova for B/W when it was shown.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
What if the ice isn't actually on the region but over, maybe Kyurem made a barrier of ice (to protect itself from Plasma?), surrouding that area...I mean it is the Boundary Pokemon, barriers create boundaries aka it's marking it's territory.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yeah the ice makes Unova look so small,I hope that doesn't mean that we'll have less badges this time around. If that ice is actually there, then I'm thinking that we'll explore that small part first, collect the first four badges and then maybe after we catch Kyurem, he unthaws the ice allowing us to explore the other half and obtain the rest of the badges. Or maybe the ice is frozen over the cities and we to go underneath the ice.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I'm starting to think that the ice is like the clouds/fog that covered Unova before Black and White were released.

Yeah the ice makes Unova look so small,I hope that doesn't mean that we'll have less badges this time around. If that ice is actually there, then I'm thinking that we'll explore that small part first, collect the first four badges and then maybe after we catch Kyurem, he unthaws the ice allowing us to explore the other half and obtain the rest of the badges. Or maybe the ice is frozen over the cities and we to go underneath the ice.

I'm not saying your speculation is wrong, but four badges is way too little :O
Also I'm not trying to be a grammar police but unthaw is sort of equal to freeze. Thaw means to melt.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Yeah, it actually says the map is frozen, not the region. So Im assuming its just covering the parts of Unova they plan to reveal in the next issue like how they put clouds over Unova for B/W when it was shown.
Yeah, it's more or less this really. Like how they used clouds to cover up the Battle Frontier and Safari Zone in the HG/SS maps.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
I'm hoping the the "Frozen world" isn't permanent. Sliding everywhere would suck. But capturing a pokemon who causes weather changes is so pokemon so I'd go with that hypothesis as well.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Seems temporary to me, and is only a key element on the storyline involving kyurem. i am sure that after you capture or defeat kyurem, the world will constantly thaw out.

or maybe they thaw in/out depending on the season.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm starting to think that the ice is like the clouds/fog that covered Unova before Black and White were released.

I'm not saying your speculation is wrong, but four badges is way too little :O
Also I'm not trying to be a grammar police but unthaw is sort of equal to freeze. Thaw means to melt.

Perhaps. But looking at the maps again I notice 6 of the original gym cities aren't covered in ice. With the addition of the two cities and gymleaders it brings the total back to eight. I'm assuming you can access the gym in Opelucid and Icirrus ( I think it's partilly covered) City.

Years
It seems like they're just hiding some new changes to the region, but it's probably also indicative of where you'll be able to move around in the beginning of the game since you seem like you'll be starting out in the south-west of the region rather than the south-east.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd say that the areas that you visit after the Elite Four in BW are frozen over and once defeating the Elite Four and resolving the whole Kyurem dispute it will thaw and make it accessible. I can just imagine how epic it will look when Unova is frozen!

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
I think that ice is probably there to cover up new locations that they're going to reveal later on, that ice doesn't even look like its part of the same image. If they wanted Unova to be frozen, they would've just drawn it properly like the changes to Driftveil City, Route 4 etc. However, I did read something on Bulbanews about cave entrances to enter the ice...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I think that it will be somewhat like Pokemon HGSS and Crystal. Like when we finish the main storyline and defeat the whatever/who ever caused it. The old areas will reopen and we have like 8 more gyms we can fight.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
I think that it will be somewhat like Pokemon HGSS and Crystal. Like when we finish the main storyline and defeat the whatever/who ever caused it. The old areas will reopen and we have like 8 more gyms we can fight.

The only two gym cities that are 'covered over' in ice are Striaton City and Nacrene City.

It seems that it there's more mature atmosphere concrening the region, as many areas/parts of other cities have either improved/changed/gone. Well for one, the route betweem Castelia and Nimbasa is FINALLY DONE...so what makes of Desert Resort?

blue

gucci
Years
corocoro-1.jpg

Looking at it properly, it looks like it's just been pasted on to cover up new areas as previously stated by others.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
I hope that it's just a cover-up of the whole region (but a smaller glacier somewhere in the region wouldn't be too bad). I do however see the cave entrances into the ice northwest of Driftveil so i dont know...

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2016
I hope that it's just a cover-up of the whole region (but a smaller glacier somewhere in the region wouldn't be too bad). I do however see the cave entrances into the ice northwest of Driftveil so i dont know...

I think those are the entrances to Chargestone Cave and Mistralton Cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back