• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Adventure: World's Bane [Registration+Discussion Thread]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Note to self: look up that game. LOL it's no problem at all, will make the Theme Song vocally fit easier. :P

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
@TFW - I see... Hmmm. This could be troublesome! Kamemon wants to spear your head with his shell! xD

Years
@Turtle: Sounds good, and yeahh i think there's just a larger amount of males than females in the roleplay section :O

@Final Watchaman: Well I'll notify you if you are needed to change it, but worst case scenario we just have one female character. I wouldn't want to force you to change your character. its cool (: & I think Turtle is using the Digiegg of friendship, isn't he?

@Fuyu: Its fun, loads of fun. Well at least, in my opinion. I just started a couple hours ago :D & okay, can't wait (:

@jackblaze: If i'm not mistaken, I believe one of the tamers had Leomon as their partner. :x

Last edited:
Years
@jackblaze: Okay, well let's get going with the first official application review. LOL, i have to make it sound all fancy (: Okay, overall it seems Noah is pretty lovable character. And there is ALOT of roof for growth for Noah, so I think he'll fit in just great. I played your theme to start reading, and i couldn't help but question your taste in music until i noticed it wasn't the actual song but a stupid advertisement on youtube. But after, i enjoyed reading your app with the song. Overall, good character and nice digimon line. If you want, you could always change to the Coronomon line. It's like Leomon, but on fire!! :D and your name is jackBLAZE lol ;p Just a suggestion haha. well anyways, ACCEPTED! Good job, and congratulations Digidestined of Loyalty! (:

Years
:) yay super exited and yeah I was considering the coronomon line but I think the current line will work well for Noah (i think...i hope) Ok so now you have me second guessing my digimon lol so I will consider it

Years
"Where...am I?"

Human

"This world, it's so tiny. There's got to be more..."

Name: Riku Kainoa Graham
Nickname: Referred to as "Kai", only by his grandmother and younger sister
Home Town: Central Manhattan

Emblem: Diligence [Teal]
DTouch: Dark Teal/Black

Description: >Riku Graham< Standing at six feet flat and weighing in at some one hundred and fifty pounds with the physique of an experienced athlete, not to mention the nonchalant expression forever plastered on his face, appearance alone can tell that Riku is not a boy to be messed with. His olive skin is stretched across lean muscles, modest in size, his upper right arm marked with a tattoo of Hawaiian tribal markings. His hazel eyes glitter with clarity and keenness, assessing and examining the world leisurely, not usually focusing on a single aspect of his surroundings. His dark, almost black, hair is kept jagged into a fo-hawk with no real effort to keep it neat.

Usually, Riku's entire person is swathed in warm clothing that both looks good and is comfortable to walk long distances in the city of New York. On August 1, the day they entered the Digital World, he wore a sleeveless Levis denim vest over a white tee that has a hand with only its thumb and pinky fingers up made up of the word "aloha" over and over in red to make up the graphic. Held up by a light grey canvas webbed belt that hangs off his left side after being wrapped around his waist, are his black semi-skinny jeans. He wears a pair of white Jordan 3 retro sneakers - kept in perfect condition - loosely tied, trimmed in blue with red shoelace holes and a red brand marking on the tongue. A white watch circles Riku's left wrist, a blue wooden beaded chain hangs from his neck holding a mid-sized light silver colored wooden pendant of the Autobots emblem trimmed in blue. A wooden bead bracelet wraps around his right wrist: cream colored beads that hold a darker shaded boombox charm. A camouflage money pouch is secured to his belt with a short silver chain, often clanking against his right thigh. Mid-sized diamond studded earrings, brilliantly shining whenever he wears them.

Personality: Riku Graham is a strange case, he grew up in poverty with his parents, and then grandmother. But from the age of ten, he was pampered. He received whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted it without exception. This was not only true for material possessions, he is an extreme flirt and if he sees a girl he finds suitable he will go after her without a second thought. But being part of such a rich family, there are certain expectations of his behavior. To his family he is only to behave like the sophisticated, intelligent, and most importantly, charming young man they raised him to be. To those who meet him for the first time, he is exactly that; the image of the perfect gentleman. Since childhood, he was trained to act well-mannered, but his father thought it would be a good idea to train his son to play basketball as well-which was a dream of his own since childhood-and hide it from his mother. It shows, since he displays both skills flawlessly.

But when surrounded by those nearest to him, Riku Kimura comes out of this shell. His speech is much more casual-almost with a permanent sense of boredom-the lack of needing to put up the "perfect gentleman" facade also leads him to be more reckless, not only with the way he handles situations but also the way he interacts with ladies and handles social situations. Sure, label Riku as a loner when around people his own age, but the simple fact is that he isn't all that interested in acting proper with them. He gets enough of that with his family, and would much rather slouch there and not care what everyone is up to, rather than sit up straight and attentive and be polite to anyone and everyone. It's not all perfect for Riku however, being part of a wealthy family he is accustomed to being frivolous, leading him to spend big and spend often. Once upon a time, Riku was also very lazy-to an extent-not wanting to put any more effort into something than what is required, but once he became captain of the basketball team of his high school that all changed and he developed an entirely new work ethic. Being the poster child for Diligence.

For the most part Riku will try his best to maintain a positive attitude towards others, but there is another side that appears now and then, the side that was directly influenced by certain events in his childhood. Though Riku suffered a bad childhood and had to endure many obstacles in life he certainly did not turn down the path of 'loving himself, accepting life and growing for the better'. In other words, he strayed far from the role of the fairy tale Gary Stu. He has come to discover that trusting someone is far too dangerous; he rather get what he desires and leaving unscathed than become emotionally invested in something and get left high and dry. He is known to make witty comments, and is quick to have his walls up and ready for combat. When it comes to other people, he can be a little hostile. Nevertheless, deep down, beyond all of these quirks and conflicting ideas, lies a young man who only ever wanted a casual life. He's come to accept that that cannot happen now, and it is an endless, poignant feeling in his heart.

History: Riku was born into a world that many children experienced, but few dared to acknowledge. He grew up in a very old, poor neighborhood in Brooklyn. He lived with both his mother, Malia, and with his father, Bradley, along with his younger sister Kiana, two years younger than him, for only a short while. His mother had lost any and all connections to the wealthy side of her family, and his father came from a very poor background. A shooting took his mother from him when he was only six, and stricken with grief his father attempted suicide. After that failed, he left Riku and his younger sister to the care of their hawaiian grandmother who lived just a few houses down. His memories of his mother are vague, if not almost extinct, those of his father he rather forget. He and his younger sister lived with his grandmother in a small home that she had worked hard and alone for after the disappearance of her husband who had was filthy rich from owning one of the most succesful recording studios in the city in his time. After his disappearance, her husband's family deduced it was her fault that he left and cut her off financially. Leaving her poverty stricken and forced to leave Manhattan and move to Brooklyn where she found a stable job and home for her and her daughter, Malia. Malia grew up with her mother and met her future husband, Bradley, and they settled down just a few houses down and had Riku and Kiana. Once Riku and Kiana completely moved in with her, their grandmother taught her grandson to only place his trust in himself and no one else, and to never expect things in life unless you worked and earned them. This meant Riku was force to grow up early in order to try and maintain a stable life while he lived with his grandmother and sister. The word was cold and cruel to them, but so long as they had one another's love and support, perhaps things would work out in their favor.

Riku was one of the only child from a poor background at the school he attended. It was otherwise full of wealthy, snotty and spoiled children who would constantly tease him. Unfortunately, life's cruelty didn't stop there. It was no walk in the park; but luckily one lone girl stood up for him and became his friend. She was Riku's first love, and she admitted to like-liking him back. The bullying was not as harsh as it once was, all thanks to this girl that stood up for him and really cared for him. Things were getting better, until the girl found another boy who would only talk to her if she agreed to bully Riku like the rest of them, so she did. The young Riku, heart broken and alone, was bullied all throughout elementary and middle school, mostly by the richer kids he was forced to grow up with in school and by the thugs that roamed around the ghetto he called home. They'd tease him about his dad leaving him, his messy hair, or the way he always dressed in rags. No one ever messed with Kiana though, Riku would threaten anyone with death for even talking about her. It only grew worse up until the point he was sent home early when the rich kids tossed old, rotten cafeteria food on him, and was confronted by the local thugs and mugged. They left him with deep gashes everywhere on his body, all for five dollars. He was alone. Slowly but surely, he began to put up a tough guy act for protection.

When he was ten, approached by a stranger who revealed himself to be the son of his grandfather who had run off to another family, Riku and his grandmother were given half of his grandfather's recording studio as per wish by his Last Will. His grandfather had died from a heart attack, and left his ex-wife - Riku's grandmother - with half of a hugely successful recording studio and millions of dollars. They sold their half of the studio and agreed to start a new life in Manhattan. Now attending Beacon High School in Central Manhattan as a Junior, Riku enjoys his comfortable and luxurious lifestyle. He has no quarrels with any other students at the private school, only mad dogging the boys that have their eyes peeking at his younger sister. Riku tries his best to be social and outgoing but is constantly haunted by the memories of his childhood. Their grandmother spends her time at home with her old friends playing checkers or watching the news, occasionally busting out chick flicks, alongside the house pets: Miko the orange and white Cat, and Stitch the white and golden furred Corgi.

Theme: Call Me Later...

Example Role-Play:
Spoiler:

Digimon

Species: Dracomon
Attribute: Vaccine

Techniques:
•Baby Breath: Spits a concentrated fireball at enemy
•Tail Smash: Smashes tail after a quick spin to gain force
•G-Shurunen: Activated when once touches the single opposite facing scale on its body, Dracomon becomes engulfed in a bright red aura and launches massive fireballs to destroy anything in his path.​

Personality: Very kind and compassionate, he can be much like Riku in that he is very calm and serious when the situation calls for it. Though he can act rashly, Dracomon is more cool headed than Riku and less prone to getting into sticky situations, though he follows and protects his partner the entire way. Very philosophical at times, Dracomon will tend to have deep conversations with others and go as far as to question their purpose in life. It could be very interesting, or depressing.

Evolutions:

Fresh: Petitmon
In-Training: Babydmon
Rookie: Dracomon
Champion: Coredramon
Ultimate: Wingdramon
Mega: Slayerdramon

Armor w/ Courage Digimental: Allomon

DNA w/ ???: ???

Unique Traits: Dracomon wears two accessories given to him by Riku throughout his stages. A white bandanna that is wrapped around some part of his tail at all stages, and a pair of old biker goggles that mysteriously change size as he evolves throughout stages and wears around his head for the most part. Throughout each stage, these two accessories are known to move around to avoid being ripped when growing in size through evolution.

He does not wear either accessory as Petitmon, given his small size. Beginning as Babydmon, he wears the white bandanna wrapped around his neck like a collar. As Dracomon, the white bandanna remains wrapped around his tail and he begins to wear the goggles around his head. When he evoles into Coredramon, the white bandanna wraps around one of his tail spikes and the goggles around his neck. Wingdramon has the bandanna wrapped around the tip of his tail, and has the goggles remain around his large neck. When he reaches Slayerdramon, the bandanna wraps around the hilt of his blade and acts as the grip. The goggles stay around his neck.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Well, I was gonna go female since im female in 2 of the 3 other RPs im in but since you asked so nicely, I'll save Toby fox for another RP <;

Ps for those confused, I am actually female XD my names Maddy. Hi guys!!

Years
Thanks again for the cooperation, okay so two female applications. Not too shabby considering we started with all males LOL, I can't wait to see some of those other finished apps. :D

Years
@TurtleKing: Time for the second finished application review, yaaaaay~ (: Okay, so I see you used Roxas as a reference picture. That's all well and good, but i just don't want him looking exactly like Roxas. One question about the emblem though, what exactly do you mean by spirit? Like...vitality? Or....? ;O Good personality, we need an optimist in the group haha. An acting man, sounds cool. Speaking of sounds cool, nice song choice! It sounds like it could be a theme when we all fight some sort of evil digimon haha :D Kamemon was in the Savers anime, i remember that much. But I don't count that as canon, simply because I hated that season with a fiery burning passion. So Kamemon will be allowed to stay, as long as you make him super cool unlike his Savers counterpart. But by the sounds of it, a surfer hippie dude fits him perfect! That's exactly what I think he would sound like in real life, so yeah. ACCEPTED! Good job, and congratulations Digidestined of Spirit! (:

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Awesome! I'm happy to be accepted into this RP!

To answer your question, by "Spirit" it could mean several things, but the kind of tie in together. It can be used as 'willpower' (or simply will, but that doesn't sound cool lol) or 'positivity' ("good spirits" because Silas is overall an optimist person). The latter is my preference though given his personality.

Years
Yeah, okay, makes sense. Yeah, the second one sounds like a better option. Not only because it explains Silas' personality so well but also because if it was 'willpower' it would be too close to diligence which is my character's emblem. But okay, i get it now (:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I just have the History and Example Roleplay to do. I wanted to do it all yesterday but I fell asleep earlier than usual. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
"Where Am I?"

Human:

"What are you looking at?"
Name: Sophia Avell
Nickname: Soph/Phia/Swan
Home Town: Queens
Emblem: Crest of Grace(fulness) (The Bottom One)
DTouch: Emerald Green and Black

Description: Most would call Sophia a femme fatale, as her beauty seems to radiate from her. She is said to have piercing eyes that can see through to a person's soul. Her naturally curly red hair is French braided and usually lies on top of her left shoulder. She wouldn't be herself without a tight, almost too revealing outfit on. She wears a low cut, purple, button up shirt that reveals a little too much cleavage. Underneath she wears a plain white tank top, which keeps her cleavage from being a bit too obscene. Her shirt is rolled up and tied in the back to expose her midriff as she claims it "gets too hot". Her denim shorts are the most modest thing about her as they come right above her knees.

For accessories she has a golden bracelet with three charms that rattles on her left arm, which Sophia never takes it off. A belly button piercing hangs from her belly button, it's a small, glittery unicorn. The hairband that holds her braid in place is golden with small cubic zirconium diamonds on it. Sophia would prefer real diamonds but apparently the people around her don't have that kind of money. When exposing her midriff (which is all the time) a tattoo of a pair of butterflies entwining themselves can be seen on her left side. They both have vivid colors that seem different to everyone that looks at it, a purplish-indigo with swirls of blue, green, and orange. And last but not least are the multiple ear piercing she has up and down her ears. There are four on her left ear, and three on the right. Sophia doesn't like to be too fancy so they're just small, golden hoops. To finish off her appearance she wears a light pink color of lipstick.

Personality: Sophia uses her attractiveness to her advantage whenever she can and when she can't she uses her brain. That's right, Sophia "use" to be the "nerd" in class but that all changed when she got to High School. She is a very intellectual person when she needs to be. Dangerous is another word to describe Sophia, as she tends to trick people into doing what she wants. Her specialty is playing the "victim" even if she started the disagreement. The tears are just part of the package along with the whiney voice, temper tantrums, and accusations.

Her whole "femme fatale" persona is a defense mechanism so that people won't get close to her. She cannot stand being "friends" with people and this seems to stem from her childhood. Also, the only connections she willing to make is if she can manipulate someone. Sophia knows how to play people after all she's been doing it since her early years. Since she considers herself a fun person to be around she cannot stand being around boring people. Underneath it all Sophia is a very strong willed person and will do whatever she needs to do in order to survive.

History: A classic case of neglect, Sophia's father was always away on business and dragged her mother along with him. This left her to grow up with books that flooded her room, as it was also the library. Her father never wanted children and especially not a girl; she was no use for him. After her birth her mother found out that she couldn't have any more children, which meant she would be an only child. This left her father bitter as he needed a son to carry on his business but now he would have to teach Sophia his ways. Obviously, this didn't settle well with him and looked to his brother's son, Sophia's cousin, Conrad. Conrad soon became the ideal person to take over the company when Sophia's dad passed. Not to be out done Sophia decided to learn everything she could herself. She picked up old books that her father had lying around and studied them backwards and forwards. During school she would get in trouble because she always fell asleep during every activity.

Junior High was a different story, she began to develop in the multiple ways before most girls. Though, she kept to herself for her own sake but she couldn't help but notice the constant glances from guys. Sophia had a small group of friends but as time went on no one wanted to be friends with "the nerd girl who can't stay awake". Her peers on a daily basis insulted her but most of it was out of jealously. At the beginning of High School she changed her style completely, she was tired of being the butt of everyone's joke. Sophia's clothes went from jeans to mini skirts and short shorts while her tops went from graphic tees to tank tops and low cut shirts. This is the moment when her fellow students really paid attention to her. Most of them didn't even recognize her as the shy, nerd girl in the back corner. A true transformation into a swan and that's where that nickname comes from. Currently she manipulates boys into doing her homework (even though she can do it better than they can) and buying her things.

Theme: Obviously...

Example Role-Play:
Spoiler:

Digimon:
Species: Floramon
Attribute: Data
Techniques:
  • [*]Rain Pollen – Floramon vibrates her arms causing pollen to detach itself from her. The effects of the pollen are that whoever is touched by the pollen loses the will to fight and lose their presence of mind.
    [*]Bomb Seed – Floramon is about to shot out seeds at high speeds at opponents and once they might contact they explode.​

Personality: Floramon is a miniature Sophia in all aspects. She thinks way too highly of herself and prefers if people do her dirty work for her. She also has Sophia's strength and will to fight but she does it gracefully. Floramon will protect Sophia with everything that she has until she can't. The only person that Floramon will get close to is Sophia for fear that they will all abandon her like her mother did. Floramon's not use to actually trusting people that she can't use for her own grain so she struggles with this.

Evolutions:

Unique Traits: N/A

1) Is it okay if I just make a crest thing in paint? It might be kind of sloppy though...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
This looks interesting, and very well thought out :3 I like the detail. I'd love to sign up but I think I might just be a bit too un-experienced with Digimon (or at least how to RP them). Especially with all this competition.

Either way I'll make sure to follow this!

Years
@Retro Bug: Woah, you came out of nowhere haha :D Okay, down to business. This is an interesting character, uses her looks to her advantage. The kind of 'man eater' character, nice. haha. As for the crest, you could use paint to make it, but there is no need for a picture. Though a visual would be nice (: Nice writing style also, now down to the single problem I have with your application. It seems you're missing a Fresh and In-Training stage for your digimon :O I think you might've excluded it on purpose because it is the same as Mimi's from season one. Hmmm, what you could always do is try and find a substitute. Yeah, try that. You'll only have to find a substitute for Tanemon, since the fresh stage wasn't shown as a partner anyways. But if you cannot, just leave Tanemon there. It'll be fine. (: For now, PENDING...

@SwiftSign: Awe don't back down because you're intimidated, give it a try! (: Besides, you don't have to know much about Digimon to start off. You'll learn as we go along, that is if you're accepted :p haha. But how will you know if you never try? So, give it a try maybe :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Oh you've twisted my arm I've been writing this since about 5 minutes after my last post. I'm away most of tomorrow but hopefully I can finish Monday evening, if there is still space by then.

Name: Lyra Ash
Nickname: -
Home Town: Manhattan
Emblem: Responsibility (Pink)
DTouch: White and Light Pink

Description: Lyra is a tall girl, which helps her look much older than she is. Her outfits also reflect an older girl; she tends to wear long, floral, summer dresses and short jackets. Although she feels very at home in heels, they're not always comfortable – so she often keeps a pair of black, backup dolly-shoes in an oversized handbag. Her bag is also stuffed with other essential accessories, such as a pair of huge sunglasses, which easily take over her face, and some make up supplies.

Often Lyra's hair is up, in a tight ponytail, held in place by a plain white ribbon, with an escapee strand of hair trailing down the left side of her face. For special events Lyra lets her blonde hair down, letting it drop to below her shoulders with a slight, bouncy curl. Her eyes, similar to her fathers, are a grey-blue with white specks. Lyra takes pride in her appearance, although prefers others not to see her superficial side.

Personality: Often taking things on herself, Lyra sees herself as an adult. She endeavours to not only look after herself, but also likes to protect and take care of others. Sometimes mothering in nature, she forgets that many of the people she tries to look after are in fact older than her, and much more capable. She hate being belittled, or treated like a child - which is the main reason she rarely gets on with adults. Lyra gets on much better with people younger than her, especially those that look to her for advice and help. Lyra's strength comes from the strength of others, in many ways, as she needs to see people believing, and trusting, in her.

Ever the analyst, Lyra is not one to jump into something without careful thought about the dangers. Even at a young age, her classmates and friends often called her 'scaredy cat' – but her resistance to try new things was less the fear of the unknown and more a blatant, and sometimes disproportional, understanding of the danger. She is realistic about life to herself, however she may put on an optimistic front in order to help others.

History: Manhattan, a bustling borough of New York city. Shopping paradise, some might say - although Lyra certainly wouldn't.

After living in the countryside for most of her childhood, Lyra and her family moved to the city. Her mother, a successful business woman and single parent, had been offered a big promotion there, so the move was somewhat sudden, especially for the young girl and her even younger brother. The children were close, isolated from their old friends the pair became even closer, practically inseparable.

With their Mother at work most of the day, Lyra and her brother, Kyle, were often left to fend for themselves - cooking, cleaning and getting their school work done. It wasn't long until the lack of attention had a bad effect on Kyle's education though, as he became distant and lucid at school. Acting on her Mom's behalf, aged fourteen, Lyra wrote a letter to the school to say both Lyra and Kyle would be leaving for home-schooling. Since that very day, Lyra has been in charge of both of their educations. Making sure to do the whole thing properly a timetable was made, and even 'homework' was created so their Mom didn't get suspicious.

Lyra continues to keep to this routine, she revels in organisation and precise running of her day. She loves the freedom on what she can learn, although admittedly she doesn't know everything the children at the school know - but she manages to pick and choose similar, more interesting topics for the pair of them to work on. Two years on, as far as Lyra knows, their Mom is still perfectly unaware. Her job in accountancy has flourished in the city, rarely seeing the children in the week at all, and far too exhausted at the weekend to keep up with them.

Theme: Oath Sign

Example Role-Play:
Spoiler:

Digimon Partner

Species: Candlemon
Attribute: Data
Techniques:
Melted Wax: Fires a bunch of wax sticks at the opponent.
Paraffin Paralyzer: Fires multiple globs of hot wax to paralyze opponent.​
Personality: Candlemon has had a tragic past, due to its flaming nature, and has found it hard to make friends. He often dreams of being able to get close to other Digimon - but due to an extreme fear of having his flame put out he is quite the scaredy-cat, especially when it comes to new people and new environments.

Evolutions: Mokumon -> DemiMeramon -> Candlemon -> Wizardmon -> Mistymon -> Dynasmon

Unique Traits: When Candlemon digivolves, Wizardmon and Mistymon have white cloaks/capes rather than the normal blue colour.

[Not sure about how this Armor digivolving is meant to work in the RP >< May I pick Butterflymon with Knowledge? It is the closest thing to the latter half of the digivolutions in terms of body shape.]

Last edited:
Back