• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Derpizard

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Lool, so Clacla just linked me here. I don't even know what to say. This is so funny I can't stop laughing lmao. Good job!

Thanks, I'm glad everyone finds it as funny as I did:p. Clacla and I are definitely making a prequel that will take us up to and past the time period in which this takes place. The plot is going to be quite out there and crazy:D, keep your eyes peeled, haha!

Reb0rn

Son of a Plunder
Years
there is nothing changes in beta 1 only the sprites and ow... then why you then release this hack without main event? and what just i played seriously this is no funny hack . so add more pokemon,to make funny...and i guess you can make it for...

I just have to: "Every party needs a pooper. That's why they invited you."

But anyways, karatekid: I really like this. I chose charmander in green, only to start a new game when I saw how ugly it was when it evolved...I went with squirtle instead. Still playing this though.

karatekid552

Years
I just have to: "Every party needs a pooper. That's why they invited you."

But anyways, karatekid: I really like this. I chose charmander in green, only to start a new game when I saw how ugly it was when it evolved...I went with squirtle instead. Still playing this though.

Gen I sprites were ugly in general:p. I personally loathed Chameleons back sprite, haha. I'm glad you like it, I can't wait to make the prequel.:D

karatekid552

Years
karatekid,are you planning to release alpha 2?or pherhaps did you change your mind ?

Here:

karatekid552 said:
On a final note, I have taken this hack as far as I can possibly take it with my current artistic ability. If someone else would like to improve it, be my guest. Just send me a pm with some of your work.

This is not a beta or an alpha version. This is a full release v1.0. If someone comes along and wants to help out, then we move on.

Last edited:

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Hahaha holy god, this is hilarious.
Someone help me up off the floor now please.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
the game seems to have locked up after using the oldale town pokemon center after this line of text
K7Iubyf.png

this is very unfortunate

i'd say perhaps i didn't have a proper rom but everything else has worked fine up to this point

maybe the game is trying to pull the animation for bowing but it can't

yeah that's what it was i just removed

applymovement 0x800B 0x819FDF4
waitmovement 0x0

from the main healing center script (the part at 0x19FDB0) and it's fine now

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
Hahaha holy god, this is hilarious.
Someone help me up off the floor now please.

Lol, I'm glad you like it!

the game seems to have locked up after using the oldale town pokemon center after this line of text
K7Iubyf.png

this is very unfortunate

i'd say perhaps i didn't have a proper rom but everything else has worked fine up to this point

maybe the game is trying to pull the animation for bowing but it can't

yeah that's what it was i just removed

applymovement 0x800B 0x819FDF4
waitmovement 0x0

from the main healing center script (the part at 0x19FDB0) and it's fine now

Ahhh! I know why! I copied and pasted the data for a regular walking person OW over the Nurse Joy. This would have removed her animation pointer. I can't believe I forgot about that.... I shall deal with this!

AND I HAVE!!!!

~Updated!~

I have fixed the Nurse Joy bug and several swimmer OWs that showed up incorrectly. Hopefully you will love the new Nurse Joy animation..... It is quite the derpy thing!

Last edited:
Years
Dont tell this is full version.....just try to add some new event and story about deparizard... I am sure you can make it funny hack...

karatekid552

Years
Dont tell this is full version.....just try to add some new event and story about deparizard... I am sure you can make it funny hack...

Clacla, FBI, and I are throwing around story idea for a prequel hack in which we have a legit story line. A pretty damn epic one at that:p. We have our basis (which revolves around a very, very angry Green and a team of wackjob scientists) and now we are just fleshing it out and finding how your character will interact with it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I just played it and it's so fun! I've got an IDEA! I'll make one for Fire Red starring Magikarp! Everyone is Magikarp! Let's see if they'll do damage to themselves.

Agastya

Grinding failed. Item Grind level dropped by 3.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
i have to say i'm not a fan of the mandatory starter being so useless when everything else is unedited

karatekid552

Years
i have to say i'm not a fan of the mandatory starter being so useless when everything else is unedited

Haha, it's the original derpizard. Basically, the backstory for the prequel is there was an accident when experimenting on the genome of a Charizard that caused it to become a derpizard, which then (when trying to reverse it) caused a virus to mutate and become airborne which will cause Derpizards. So, the original would be affected the worst, making it the derpyest.:p It will be a good challenge, especially since you won't know what type the opponent is. You will actually have to catch and train pokémon in this hack 0.o, lol.

Last edited:

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Um...wow. This is just ridiculous! The fact that the pictures alone put a wide grin on my face is already a wonderful sign of things to come upon actually playing the hack. Congrats on this truly humorous release!

I can't wait to see how Derpizard: Origins (or whatever you may call it) plays out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
Hahaha i will try this, but i don't know if it will make me to play until the end

karatekid552

Years
Um...wow. This is just ridiculous! The fact that the pictures alone put a wide grin on my face is already a wonderful sign of things to come upon actually playing the hack. Congrats on this truly humorous release!

I can't wait to see how Derpizard: Origins (or whatever you may call it) plays out.

Haha, thanks. That is what I was going for!

Hahaha i will try this, but i don't know if it will make me to play until the end

Haha, me and Clacla actually debated putting a warning on the first post to anyone who is not particularly "stable".:D I myself have trouble playing it due to the lack of, well, anything but Derpizards. However, I have come to realize that this hack puts forth several new challenges that many hacks might not:

1) You will never know what pokemon you are fighting in a battle (Unless you cheat and look at the RSE guide:/). This means it will be tough to attack them and hit their weak points.

2) Having a weak starter means you HAVE to train wild Pokemon, but, like the first one, you won't know what you are battling, and, ergo, catching:p, so have fun finding the right ones!

3) You won't be able to tell the difference between people outside of battles and therefore, you will be forced to talk to everyone to figure out who they are.

4) The sheer redundancy might drive you mad:p.

Last edited:
Back